WoHP Homepage    Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General » Miscellanea

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Currently Playing
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:13 am 
Forum Fifth Year
Forum Fifth Year

Insanity wrote:
This is awesome. I tried pulling out my old Heroes 3 copy some time last month, but just couldn't get into it. Made me sad.

You 'mentally' can't get into it or 'literally' can't get it to run?

If you do end up playing it, I found a small program that gives better resoultions to the GUI by shrinking the graphics which tricks the eye into looking better. (but it does work)
If I can find the site where I downloaded it, I'll post it here.

"There are three things I have learned never to discuss with people: religion, politics, and the Great Pumpkin." - Linus van Pelt.

"We wouldn't want to corrupt the Romans!" - Peeves to Emily-Jade Hodgkins.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:04 pm 
Azkaban Escapee
Azkaban Escapee

Oh, no, I got it to run just fine. No idea how, but I couldn't mentally get into it. I ended up playing some Might & Magic 6 instead.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:02 pm 
Forum Fifth Year
Forum Fifth Year

I finished M&M 6 some time ago. Good game. In fact, 1-5 are one story arc (never finished #2, 4-5 being a 2-part combined game [World of Xeen]). Heroes 2, M&M 6, Heroes 3, and M&M 7 are another story arc (need to finish Heroes 3). No clue on the story arc for M&M 8-9 or the Heroes series (have not played them).

"There are three things I have learned never to discuss with people: religion, politics, and the Great Pumpkin." - Linus van Pelt.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:50 am 
Azkaban Escapee
Azkaban Escapee

M&M 8 still features Queen Catherine and King... King.. Her husband-king, but it's off in a distant land, and M&M 9 is messed up, I never got very far in it 'cause it sucks. As for Heroes 4, that's after the company went bankrupt and new people took over, so they just destroy the entire world and start over in a new one, with no real connection to the old, aside from the opening cinematic.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:58 am 
Forum Fifth Year
Forum Fifth Year

King Richard I think. Good to know about the other information. I'll have to give #8 a try at some point.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:36 am 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

Arkham Asylum is finished. Now onto Arkham City. What's next, you might ask? Well.. *ahem* the Gears of War series. :3

Post Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:18 am 
Azkaban Warden
Azkaban Warden

Skyrim. 'Nuff said.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:05 pm 
Forum Fifth Year
Forum Fifth Year

Neverwinter Nights 1 on the 'Harry Potter' server........ :p

(Also, NWN on the 'World of Karador' server)

Post Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:06 pm 
Forum Fifth Year
Forum Fifth Year

I'm adding Battlezone II to my list of games recently playing. The new patch and UEP (unofficial expansion pack [a mod]) both came out in the last 6 months. I just found out about this the other day.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:28 pm 
Azkaban Escapee
Azkaban Escapee

I suppose I'm not technically playing it yet, but I've been trying out the demo, and pre-ordered already, but on Tuesday there will be a lot of Crusader Kings 2 going on.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:42 pm 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

So a bunch of you noobs played Skyrim, right? I decided that I should probably finish the main quest(I'd stopped just before visiting the throat of the world for the first time because I got distracted by shiny *khajiit*), so I've been working on that when I have downtime the past couple of days...does anyone have any tips for the first Alduin fight right after you learn the Dragonrend shout(I say first because I assume there's probably going to be another one at the end, since I know I'm not near the whole way done yet)? I've tried it 6-7 times, and I can't land any perceptable damage at all, I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, and I checked a walkthrough, but it only depressed me because it made it sound like a cakewalk. I shout him down, then I try to shoot him with arrows, but even keeping distance up on the little hill thing and pausing to heal a bunch of times he manages to wipe my health within 2-3 landings(yes, I shout whenever it recharges). I think on my longest attempt, I only managed to last about 1.5 RL minutes, and noticed no change in his health bar. I'm playing as a level 25 dunmer(no innate frost resist) archer, using a fully-improved elven bow and glass arrows. I don't have the character's stats right now, but I think I've got about 175 buffed health, which I know is kind of low, but I haven't had any problems killing anything until just now. No equipment enchantments except a +ranged damage one. The only defense against cold I have are a couple of -20% potions I got from turning ice wraiths into pincushions, as I didn't realize I'd be going straight into a dragon boss fight. :roll:
Any suggestions?

Sam McKinnon - 6th Year Ravenclaw

Jabari Nwosu * Joshua Tannerman * Lenora Hollings * Lillian Stewart * Maria Bonoa

Post Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:24 pm 
Game Master
Game Master

Get cold resist. But no really, i have no clue. never played it that much.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:40 pm 
Azkaban Escapee
Azkaban Escapee

I dunno, if you spent a minute and a half and noticed no difference to his health, it sounds a little buggy. I remember having trouble with him the first and second time, but after that I pulled myself together and got it without any major problems. I was playing a Lightning mage though, way OP.

Also, what happened to what's-his-face? I liked his Skyrimian travels (you know, the nord guy).

Post Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:42 pm 
Azkaban Inmate
Azkaban Inmate

It sounds like you could use some armor. And health potions. It's rediculously easy to get money in Skyrim and if, by any chance, you still haven't found ample of all the above after a few quests there's always the rich array of shops you can visit to find a piece of armor that suits your needs. Enchanting-wise I'd search for anything that boosts your archery or health. I myself had a Dunmer battlemage with fully dual enchanted Daedric armor, but that's a whole different build and custom enchanting doesn't start to pay off until you've maxed it with full perks.

So, long story short...get yourself some survivability. And if you can't manage to deal any damage, well...try to get a bow that also has a damage enchantment of some sort, m'yes? If all else fails you could always summon a Bound Bow or something. Really...if Alduin's kicking your [censored] you could just be too low level, but in general he's really not that hard at all.

Also, as for tactics...the Throut of the World goes up a little further up past the altar on which you meet Paarthunax (spelling?). You could always use the altar or the mountain itself against Alduin's attacks (especially his breathweapon) while taking potshots at him. Simple hit and run tactic, but it could work out very well. Also try to get your hands on some eagle eye potions as they drastically increase your archery damage.

Best of luck and go hunt them Dragons!

~And don't forget to Fus Ro DAH!! Skully

Post Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:52 pm 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

Well I am wearing armor(fully upgraded scaled armor, the best that's become available at my level), I just didn't mention it because it's horribly ineffective in the fight I'm in now(I'm not taking physical damage, it's all from the breath weapon). I should probably mention that I role-play, and this character is simply not one who would go all out with every armor piece enchanted as much as possible, nor would magic or that silly sword be used(in fact, it's currently hanging above the door in breezehome, guarding the threshold from any shape-shifting dragons disguised as people). I do have healing and true shot potions, my luck is just running out in terms of being able to time their use before I get pwned. I have had zero issues(ie, I occasionally die but never have to try a fight more than once) with survivability with any dungeon or quest bosses so far, so I can't imagine that my build/equipment choices/play style is fundamentally flawed. The one thing I know I need more of and am frustrated that I don't have is resistance potions, but potions are heavy in Skyrim!

Also, it's a bit tricky for me to just "go and get" things. I didn't realize I'd be immediately thrust into a boss battle, so my last backup save is quite a ways back(before Blackreach) and the save just as Alduin is attacking overwrote my temporary one. :roll: So really, changing tactics is the way that I'd vastly prefer to go, rather than reverting to the old save and having to redo all that I did. I'll try getting up behind the wall thing, for some reason I thought there was a sheer drop behind that, or impassible rocks, or something. But I'll admit that I didn't try it, so I may just be making that up.

Nord guy is still on hiatus because I'm still ragequit from mages. >_>

Sam McKinnon - 6th Year Ravenclaw

Jabari Nwosu * Joshua Tannerman * Lenora Hollings * Lillian Stewart * Maria Bonoa

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » General » Miscellanea