WoHP Homepage    Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General » Miscellanea

Post subject: While I was out
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:25 am 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

in NYC on the street, this happened: (This video doesn't show an actual tornado, but shows the microburst.. and the sickly green sky.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfkryGkG ... r_embedded

It was confirmed today that twin tornadoes and a microburst barreled through. I was so lucky I was in Midtown Manhattan on the West side and not Queens or Bronx. (I was 6.4mi or so away from the tornadoes) It was just a really bad storm where I was,as I was hiding underneath some construction overhang thing. Lightning, thunder, it was one of the most dramatic storms I have ever been in. Didn't know it was tornado though until after we were home. So glad for that!

Post subject: Re: While I was out
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:49 pm 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

Alex and I were driving back home from shooting when we were hit by a microburst.

I'm not kidding... we pulled off the road to get gas and some rootbeer, because we could barely drive from all the rain, and as I was filling up the car with gas, a tree rolled across the parking lot and ran into our car.

Later on we were almost home and actually caught up with the storm. We were sitting at a light, and the wind was so bad that I was afraid that any particularly strong burst may actually flip the car over. Then we looked out front and saw this poor bird flapping for dear life... it was just so clear that the poor thing just knew it was going to die. Mostly because as hard as it was flapping, it was still going backwards. I am very ashamed to say that we laughed at it.

Liss Crest, Slytherin
Kalara Crest, Hufflepuff
Elizabeth Finley, The Moon

Board index » General » Miscellanea