Board index » General » Miscellanea

Post subject: Loss of a dear friend...
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:17 pm 
Azkaban Escapee
Azkaban Escapee

Mimine
Born the 17th of April 2009
Died the 7th of January 2011

Mimine was my very best friend, she was my light when my darkness was too thick. She was a very crazy happy cat who always brought home critters as gifts. Mimine was given to me once she was two months old, she and I spent that whole summer together we had so much fun hot summer days in the garden chasing rocks I would toss. Her name means cute, but also kitty in feminine French and she was both.

She would do back flips or jump in mid air and catch the pebble with her two front paws, I taught her to catch them and be a great huntress. Mimine would chase after anything that moved, from a fly to a leaf just anything that dared to cross her path. When I would cook she would rub her head on my legs and purr deeply… She was sometimes disobedient when it came to not bringing half dead animals in the house. I would call her my psycho cat, she was a crazy lovable fur ball. She would also dig up my tulip bulbs when a kitten and play around with them in my apartment. She also liked to play with my D&D dice and get some pretty good rolls for me.

Image Image Image

When I had became gravely ill for three months straight she remained by my side. When I would start to cry she would appear and rub her nose against my wet cheeks, and play with my curls. Mimine at one point, was the only person who was keeping me alive when everything else seemed to be failing around me. When money would be short I would always buy food for her, even if that meant I wouldn’t eat. She was my everything most precious thing that mattered to me…

She was the queen of her territory and would chase every single cat out all huge and hissing. She was a warrior, but she was also adorable. Rather weary of other cats but pure love came from her towards other people. She was a caring cat who many got attached to, she was sweet and always huggable. She wouldn’t eat my fish, she would watch them curiously and sleep next to the warm aquarium lamp.

But, Mimine had always been a small framed cat, I just thought that was the way she was born… After an operation that made her sterile, she became weaker and slept more and more often. Ever since I had her, she would sometimes pee in corners, or on the bed even if her litter box was clean. I didn’t understand it, and thought it to be a urine infection and had her drink more water… After her operation, Mimine was changing… She was becoming more unpredictable and would get startled by any sudden movement…

I left for the Netherlands, to earn money to get her the injections and micro chip she would have needed to come along with me past the French border. I had promised her, that day before taking the plane that I would be back for her. That I would return and we would be together again, that it was temporary and for the best for the both of us… Sadly… I couldn’t fulfill that promise to her. Mimine’s health was not improving and my mother saw how skinny she was getting, she wasn’t eating anymore and was drinking and sleeping a lot. She had more accidents but her urine was red…

My mother took her to the vet immediately who examined her and discovered what looked like a rather blown up stomach. Similar to the African children who are not fed, Mimine’s frame was skinny and her stomach was rather large. He didn’t dare to touch it, for it seemed to be painful. Mimine had never liked that I touch her stomach she would bite hard, I didn’t understand that it was pain she felt. And her stomach had never reached such a size when I was around… Blood tests where ran, and results came up. Mimine had cancer. She might have been born with it and there could have been nothing to help it. By the time we knew something was truly wrong, she was already having kidney and liver failure… I had the choice… Let her go through an operation that did not guarantee success, and even if it did she would have still been in pain… or… let her go.

There is nothing more painful then that kind of choice to make, letting out loved ones go was something I never wanted to experience. The worst of it all was a week or two before this I suddenly started to cry and break down I felt that I would never see her again… sadly I was right.

I do not know how to move on… I have already experienced the death of people I knew, but not the death of people I loved. I just wish I could have been there for her when she needed me the most, like she was for me.

She was the best cat I had ever had it is so cruel that she did not even reach the age of 2… She was such a beautiful and caring cat. A dear friend I would have wish to never have to let go of. I know in my heart that I made her life a happy one full of love and caring… I loved her and still love her with all my being…

Je t’aime Mimine…

Post subject: Re: Loss of a dear friend...
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:54 pm 
Azkaban Warden
Azkaban Warden

:( I'm so sorry, SN.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:40 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

I hate how I don't know what to say..All I know is that, I understand your attachment to Mimine, how much you love her, and how you could come home and every time you look at her you want to coo about how beautiful and wonderful she is, and how nearly everything she does, from the way she looks at you to the way she's laying down, is unique and adorable..Out of all the fear I've felt in my life, in the small amount of years I've been alive, some moments that stand out the most are the ones involving my dog. How recently for two weeks I would cry every time I saw her shiver, the vets didn't know what was wrong with her and couldn't help her, but one day, she just stopped having problems..and now we noticed that her weight is dropping like crazy and we don't know why. Like Mimine to you, my puppy is my angel, she's my baby, my little sister, and I don't know what I'll do when she dies. I don't know what I can do when my life line snaps. She's what keeps me going in a life of fear, and if you can keep going Silver, than I can have hope. Please keep strong and Rest in Peace, Mimine. ~Kelsy

Post Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:16 pm 
Azkaban Inmate
Azkaban Inmate

*Hugs tightly.* I don't know what to say, beyond I'm so sorry... I can only imagine what you're going through right now.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:18 am 
Azkaban Escapee
Azkaban Escapee

She's such a beautiful cat. I'm so sorry for your loss. :( Pets really are part of the family; I remember breaking down in tears at work the day after my old cat died.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:07 pm 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

I am sorry dear. I understand how it is to lose your best friend and family member and pet. My dog had to be put down when I was 15 (She was the same age as I was) and I was devastated for weeks.

Board index » General » Miscellanea