WoHP Homepage    Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General » Miscellanea

Post subject: A Long Absence...
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:14 am 
Forum First Year
Forum First Year

*sigh* It's been a long time since I've been on this site. Kinda nostalgic in a way. I remember when I designed the first website (non-phpnuke) for Kerry in 2002. Seems like ages ago considering everything that has changed. I'm sure very few actually remember me. I played as DM Trelawney and student Wald Willer. I briefly looked over the forum today...some interesting discussions. I'm glad Circus Clown still looks at the forums every once in a while. Sho-va: interesting to see that you are still active and working on it in some way. It also seems you've changed a lot. We all hated you on the server. It amuses me all the conspiracy theories revolving around the server...such as the identity of Xeno, Loner, Kerry, Chloe, and Sho-Va/Amy as we knew her. I can assure you, as someone who worked closely with all of them that there is no conspiracy/person playing multiple divergent personalities. I've moved on, the server will never be what it once was to me. It's just lost too much of what I once knew.

Oh well...just ignore the nostalgic ramblings of an old man

*Edit*
<===== Odd!!!
Since when was I odd!!!! When did the blooming ranks change!!!
Circus Clown at least gets Site Admin!! Yes, I could go change it, but it's late, I'm tired and I have a 400 level Globalization seminar tomorrow. Once again I apologize for making the switch from .com to .net, that site had lots of great posts, although I still have a backup of it's gallery on the server. Can't bring myself to delete it, wouldn't be right to post images from people not around any more, and too nostalgic to look at. I guess it will just sit until I switch hosts.

PS. Sorry about the long delays on website. I contacted the host and complained. Not sure how well it worked but we'll see.

Otium sine litteris mors est et hominis vivi sepultra.-Seneca

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:22 am 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

Hi, Mark (right?)

I remember you. Trelawney was one of my favorite DMs. Kaz is Trelawney now. And Shova's a man, baby! I guess a lot HAS changed.

Is there anything we can do about the spammers in Off-Topic? I periodically delete the posted spam topics, but I'd rather not be doing that. Will it help if I change the forum section title?

Thanks and welcome back to the forums. And thanks for having set them up for us eons ago. You should come visit the mod sometime and see the progress we've made. We have some really fun new players and some Great Old Ones lurking about now and then as well.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:02 pm 
Azkaban Inmate
Azkaban Inmate

Hehe ^^

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:15 pm 
Forum First Year
Forum First Year

Yup, Mark. Yeah dunno what was going on with Sho-Va...goes from all hated to pretty decent it seems (and I guy!) Umm, I see what you mean about the Spammers, my recommendation would be to set all the forums so that only registered users can post and not "Guests" or anything else. That way you can moderated by account. You can also ban the spammers from the site by IP (although I'm sure they'll find other IPs to use). If things get really bad I can install additional security that will keep people out. I might at some point stop by the mod, but it means reinstalling NWN (looks at his 6 disks and thinks about downloading CEP...then looks at NWN2 and its one disk)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:31 am 
Forum First Year
Forum First Year

I declare this thread the rememberance thread.

Sigh...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:28 am 
Forum First Year
Forum First Year

Haha...remembrance thread.

Very well. While it is the remembrance thread, anyone remember jamo? If I recall he was McGonagall. Was a fairly active DM in my early days but he left the server before I did. He was a medical student in London, has apparently left London now that he's a doctor. I ended up meeting him once when passing through London on my way to Africa. I must confess that he was the only person whom I met online that I met in person. Odd that it was someone in London and not the US.

Also curfew? You guys still enforce it? I remember some of the best RP sessions were while you were in your common room. Granted that was if there were three or four of your house online. Otherwise it was just tedious. I was also fun roaming around the castle avoiding Filch and Mrs. Norris (granted I was usually the one on the other end of Filch chasing down the students)

More reminiscing later

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:19 pm 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

We still have curfew and Filch, of course.

Mike likes the idea of rigidly enforcing the rules as they are in the books, with the Forest off limits and travel restricted, etc. But of course that makes the homework requirements seem all the more impractical and unrealistic. I hope we'll modify the mechanics to fit the story someday.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:02 pm 
Forum First Year
Forum First Year

McGonagall was one of the reasons I got hooked onto the server. Then later, the reason I stayed playing, Seth.

I remember having fun on the server when the students acted like students and weren't running through the castle attacking snakes (and other randomness).

Plenty of enjoyment (most of the time) just sitting in the entrance hall, which I'm sure is still a popular activity now.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:09 am 
Forum First Year
Forum First Year

JBMT wrote:
We still have curfew and Filch, of course.

Mike likes the idea of rigidly enforcing the rules as they are in the books, with the Forest off limits and travel restricted, etc. But of course that makes the homework requirements seem all the more impractical and unrealistic. I hope we'll modify the mechanics to fit the story someday.

Ah yes and no JBMT I do believe in rigidly enforceing the rules as long as it's IC don't go hunting down people useing the dm party list :-P If your walking around as for example you Snape and you happen to see someone walk into the forest.
Well then unless it's someone like Malfoy or another little favorite. He wouldn't just sit there twiddle his thumbs and say. "Yep thats a student going into the forest all right. Yup *sracthes underarm and pulls up pants*"
It's not the rules as they are in the book but the roleplay as they would be.

Hopefully I made some ense there I doubt it since it is 4:10 am and I haven't really slept. Bloody school and proffesors giveing to much work.

*edits*

Just noticed I said school which could of ment either HP or real life... >.> I ment real life.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:04 am 
Azkaban Inmate
Azkaban Inmate

I remember you! ^_^ Hi hi!

Terry - Yeah, we still do that. Not surprsing, really. Entrance hall always has been, and always will be a place to sit, be bored, and hopefully roleplay.

Board index » General » Miscellanea