WoHP Homepage    Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General » Miscellanea

Post subject: A Rave..
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:49 am 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

There is a reason for this post ~not~ being in the Kudos thread, and that's because this goes beyond NWN Role Play. Some of you already know, but I'm going to let it out now...

My best friend died the morning of March 3rd. He died of an enlarged heart in his sleep at nineteen years old. Only nineteen - how can something like that happen at such a young age?

It's been eating at me since it happened, really made me think, too. That's what the rave is for.. I love each and every one of you. My roleplay with you all has brought me onto a level of friendship with most of you. I've been on this server for a while.. around four years now. It's wild. Where did all the time go? I'm posting this to let you know how much I appreciate all of you as a DM, a roleplayer, and a friend. A lot of you have been there for me when I was distressed and that's why I keep coming back here.

So from the bottom of my heart, thank you...
RIP Jeremy.
-Nick / Paco

Post subject: Re: A Rave..
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:56 am 
Azkaban Inmate
Azkaban Inmate

I am so sorry for your loss. That is a terrible tragedy. If there is anything that we can do to help you out with this please don't hesitate to just nudge one of us - I'm sure everyone agrees.

I appreciate all of you as well. <3

Post Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:06 am 
Azkaban Escapee
Azkaban Escapee

As I have told you, I can only hope you will pull through this.

I wish you all the love and care in the world.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:26 am 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

Unfortunately, there are sad times in life.

It's these times that we realize how much it actually mattered, how fun our lives have actually been. If it wasn't so amazing and wonderful, it wouldn't have made us so happy in the first place and we wouldn't feel as sad. The longer the time, the more happy memories you have and thus the more you can celebrate ones life.

I am so very sorry for your loss. I've been there, I know you've been there before too. If you ever need anyone to just sit around and talk to, please, feel free to steal an hour or two from me. I don't want you to do what I did, years ago when two of my friends passed away in close proximity of each other. I hope you can keep stepping beyond the loss and start moving on to the 'what was so wonderful' stage as soon as possible - because in that you honor the dead more than anything. No body wants you to suffer, or to see you suffer. Not even your friend who is surely watching over you, no matter what religious or scientific view you choose to follow - he is somewhere, watching you.

That being said, I'm glad you have joined us for four years and you have really grown in my absence of the forest. It's good to see you working hard to keep our server growing - so keep up the good work. We will love you, and continue to love you. As players, Dms, Friends, and family. We hope to give you memories that will last an entire lifetime and vice versa.

Feel better buddy, I'm always around - or I try to be. Hit me up.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:26 pm 
Azkaban Escapee
Azkaban Escapee

That's horrible. :( My condolences. I lost a friend once who had an epileptic attack in her sleep and suffocated, so I know what it's like.

If you ever need to talk, well ... it seems you have a line forming of shoulders to cry on. The support here is one of the great things about this forum.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:13 pm 
Forum Fifth Year
Forum Fifth Year

I too am sorry for your loss. I know I haven't been on in awhile but I still remember my first class on here and afterward Matt showing Gretta to the Ravenclaw Dormitories for the first time. I (and Gretta) were both totally blown away with what we saw when first entering that room.......

Nothing's forgotten........nothing's ever forgotten.

We are all here for you....all of us! :)

"There are three things I have learned never to discuss with people: religion, politics, and the Great Pumpkin." - Linus van Pelt.

"We wouldn't want to corrupt the Romans!" - Peeves to Emily-Jade Hodgkins.

Board index » General » Miscellanea