WoHP Homepage    Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General » Miscellanea

Post subject: How did you come upon NwN (and HP)?
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:08 pm 
Azkaban Inmate
Azkaban Inmate

How did you find Neverwinter Nights and how did you find WoHP? Which came first?

I borrowed NwN and sorta never gave it back. I had to buy it a few times after, though! :D I played the campaign a lot and it took the spot of Runescape for me. I didn't know what RP was until a few years after! I got totally sucked in and then I stumbled upon WoHP because I was bored and thought this was absolutely hilarious. Seven years later proved that it wasn't so geekily hilarious and was awesomely hilarious instead! I turned a few people onto it and NwN has been shot, shop lifted and treasured ever since! All in the name of WoHP!

Post subject: Re: How did you come upon NwN (and HP)?
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:28 pm 
Azkaban Warden
Azkaban Warden

I got Neverwinter Nights Gold as a Christmas gift from my aunt, but at that time we didn't have a computer in the house that was powerful enough to run it (Yikes, we've come so far since then. Now my problem is having a computer -too- powerful to run it). So it sat on the shelf for a few years and then we got a new computer as I was going into high school. I started playing it then, went all the way through the campaign, and then started trying out multiplayer servers.
That's when I found out that most of the servers needed the Hordes of the Underdark expansion, so I ordered that up and started trying out even more multiplayer servers. It took me a little over a year of that before I found WoHP, and I still remember everything that happened to Seril that first night I logged in! I've been hooked since.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:47 pm 
Azkaban Escapee
Azkaban Escapee

I bought the game back in 2004, around mid-May, as the Gold Edition similar to Seril. Played through the campaigns, then went online fairly quickly (though after a lengthy trial to decide on an account name). Played a few weeks, maybe a month, on Richterm's Retreat Nordock servers before I decided to get the HotU expansion pack for full enjoyment. I eventually got banned from that server (big surprise there), and went to look for something else. The ban was even on, or a day or two after, my birthday!

Anyway, I eventually stumbled across HP on the server list and figured I'd give it a try. There have been ups and downs, but I'm still (mostly) here. I have no idea what made me buy the game in the first place, but I probably just liked the looks of it, as I was even stupider back then, than I am now. ;) Unlike Dru, I still have my original copies (I got a copy of the Diamond edition in NWN2 Collectors Edition).

Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:15 pm 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

I started module building before the game came out in 2002. Unfortunately the toolset that was pre-released wasn't compatible with the released game so what I made had to be re-made.

I got into NwN to carry on a campaign called Romand which I had been DMing since I was like 10. With everyone involved in the campaign being separated by large distances, NWN made it possible.

Then my brother found WoHP, and then Ree found it, and it was all down hill from there.

Liss Crest, Slytherin
Kalara Crest, Hufflepuff
Elizabeth Finley, The Moon

Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:05 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

I got a very nice story. ;) *clears throat*

Around 10 years ago today, I had my first glimpse of the game. My babysitter's oldest son was playing it, on the first RP server I was actually interested in. I told myself and my mom countless times that I wanted this game. Well... lo and behold, I get Neverwinter Nights Diamond edition as a Christmas gift and I started playing with my babysitter's oldest son.

Eventually, word spread that I was thirteen years old at the time playing a RP server that contains sexually explicit RP. I got banned, then I was able to join a server that works along the same story as the one I was just banned from. I would be a part of that server for years and years to come.

I started to get bored, and at the time I craved more from Harry Potter than just movies or books. I wanted to play! So conveniently enough, I found out that my brother (those veterans here probably remember him as Arto) and his friend (more commonly known as Zerick Kifolim and / or Samiar Normialias) referred me to this server. Since then, I've come to know several amazing people that I would like to one day meet in person!

But that would be my story. :)

Post Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:38 am 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

About 10 years ago, I was only a little kid at the time when my older brother and step dad played the game, I always liked to watch them. My step dad had the original copy and my brother eventually got the Diamond Edition (Although, I can't remember if it was before or after they officially introduced me to the game. There came a time that I told them I wanted to play too, so they both showed me how to go online, then led me on to browsing through all the genre's to find different servers I may be interested in. Just like them, I started playing an action server known as Chaotic World (If any of you are familiar with it and played it before, then you may know me as Jigsaw, of course). I played for a few years til it started losing faith 'cause another DM took over and changed everything, then literally nobody played, if they were lucky, maybe 5 would. but as I was getting older I got more into RP, so I went roaming through the RP section and found a zombie survival server that caught my attention, I played a few different ones til I found Harry Potter one day while scrolling down more of the list, and just by the name is what stopped me. Knowing I'm a huge fan of Harry Potter and I love the movies to death, I decided to check it out, I figured it must have been a really awesome server by the amount of players I saw on, I had a big feeling that the person who made it did a great job with the creation and the scripting. I started off by playing the role of Wesley Cross, and it's already been like what, 3, 4 years since I joined? I still can't believe how much time flew. However, before I played, my brother played, but he got banned, now he seemed to have lost interest in it, so I had to talk with the DM to unban me since I was using his copy. I was hooked ever since.

Mitchel Mercury - First year Slytherin
Jericho Vice - First year Hufflepuff
Channing McIntosh - First year Hufflepuff
Whitlock Tsunami - First year Slytherin

Post Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:56 pm 
Azkaban Escapee
Azkaban Escapee

Well... Calan wanted a hobby he and I could do together. I was -not- a gamer. I was -not- interested in becoming one. Only geeks and nerds play video games, like hardcore ones. I could play Pong and Tetris, sure. But a -real- videogame? No thanks.

BUT I was a HUGE HUGE HUGE Harry Potter fan. I got Calan interested in Hogwarts! So the ONLY way he could get me interested in a computer game was to snoocker me into a Harry Potter videogame. :)

I became addicted.

I needed an intervention.

I still love it. All these years later.

"I sense a costume opportunity!"

Post Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:53 pm 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

... and now you want an X-Box.

Liss Crest, Slytherin
Kalara Crest, Hufflepuff
Elizabeth Finley, The Moon

Post Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:20 pm 
Azkaban Warden
Azkaban Warden

No dude, get a Playstation 3! You have to pay to use an Xbox online.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:42 am 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

A subscription must be paid to play with real gamers. ;) Besides, I don't think I could get used to another controller. :P

Post Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:44 am 
Azkaban Escapee
Azkaban Escapee

Dusk-Strider wrote:
A subscription must be paid to play with real gamers. ;) Besides, I don't think I could get used to another controller. :P

Admittedly, my experience with Xbox is very limited, but aren't the controllers fairly similar? (Agreeing with Seril here. Definitely go PS3.)

Post Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:26 am 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

There's a different feel to both controllers. I tend to favor the 360 controller. I raged the last time I held a PS controller.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:53 am 
Azkaban Warden
Azkaban Warden

I'm comfortable with both controllers, I understand both systems. I know why Xbox fanboys think it's okay to have to pay a subscription to play with other fanboys. :D
I stand by what I said; get a PS3.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:48 pm 
Azkaban Inmate
Azkaban Inmate

>>reinstalled NWN on vista computer
>>all my old RP servers were dead
>>apathy.gif
>>clicked HP
>>saw stupid name
>>clicked another server
>>saw stupider name
>>joined HP

Post Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:09 pm 
Azkaban Inmate
Azkaban Inmate

Die Tragödie von Bananen Pfannkuchen

9:02pm
Nikolus Frank

I found WoHP at a down point in my life. Which can explain most of my life. I found it the summer of my junior year of high school.
9:03pm
Sean Lynch

I found it as a sophomore recovering from an ayn rand obsession but go on
9:04pm
Nikolus Frank

I pretended to be someone else. Someone ore confident than I am, which happened to be a girl. It was almost like roleplaying, only it was someone playing someone who was playing someone else. It all got too complicated, and in the end I regretted it all. I lied to people, hurt people, damaged some friendships that could've lasted a lifetime.
9:05pm
Sean Lynch

Tragische.
9:05pm
Nikolus Frank

Seriously.

9:06pm
Nikolus Frank

And even after my lies were discovered, I made more lifetime friends. They accepted me for who I am, and loved that. They appreciated all I had to offer. And once I was done and past WoHP did the moderators, who still had my best interest at heart, ban me for disrupting their community.
9:07pm
Nikolus Frank

And yet, I still wait for an acceptance for an apology never said. *Shrug.*

Board index » General » Miscellanea