WoHP Homepage    Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General » Miscellanea

Post subject: Re: How did you come upon NwN (and HP)?
 Post Posted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:45 pm 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

When I was young -- like when NWN must've first come out -- my dad sat me in front of the computer and made me play the prelude because he really wanted me to get into gaming. (But then I literally ran away crying and screaming from the computer when I had to fight the goblins.)

Later on, I decided to give it another shot (willingly this time) and I also happened to be super into Harry Potter. One thing led to another and yeah. The end.

Post Posted: Sun May 05, 2013 2:50 pm 
Azkaban Escapee
Azkaban Escapee

Gotta love a father who forces his child to play games.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:53 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

Jigsaw wrote:
I started playing an action server known as Chaotic World (If any of you are familiar with it and played it before, then you may know me as Jigsaw, of course). I played for a few years til it started losing faith 'cause another DM took over and changed everything, then literally nobody played, if they were lucky, maybe 5 would.

I started playing almost 10 years ago. When I was really young I would always watch my dad play Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale and eventually he allowed my older brother and I to play with him. Of course he had to help me a lot and I always remember him Jumping my character because I'd get lost, but I had fun.

Then Neverwinter Nights came out and I had to wait a long agonizing year watching my dad play the game until he trusted me enough to allow me to play with him and my brother. Over the years we jumped from Antiworld to Bastions of War to La La Land, Knights Templar, Chaotica World. I don't know if we ever played together, Jigsaw, but I played in clan Sole for a few years before all the trouble with Crimson Blade. I'd have to admit that it was one of the very best servers I'd ever played on before Scarface took over- haha. Anyways, I'd hop around to one in particular (I can't remember the name for the life of me) just to play with some friends on my Buddy's List until that stopped working and I lost all contact with them.

One day I was browsing the Role Play section and I saw WoHp, decided to join, and obviously it must have been the greatest server I'd ever connected to because-gosh, it's been a few years and I'm still wishing I could play it every day. It's definitely made an impact on my life and I won't ever regret meeting all you fine folks.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:23 am 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

ratgoddess7 wrote:
I'd have to admit that it was one of the very best servers I'd ever played on before Scarface took over- haha.

From what I know of, Scarface is who Chaotic World started from. Then someone else (forgot his name) took over after Scarface walked away and the server started losing players because he was changing it.

Mitchel Mercury - First year Slytherin
Jericho Vice - First year Hufflepuff
Channing McIntosh - First year Hufflepuff
Whitlock Tsunami - First year Slytherin

Board index » General » Miscellanea