WoHP Homepage    Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Server » Character Bios

Post subject: Rhea Maltrix
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:37 pm 
Forum Third Year
Forum Third Year

Location: Sitting in my corner, watching you from the shadows...

House- Hufflepuff
Age- Eighteen (Seventh year)
Name Pronunciation- (Ray- uh)
Birthday- March 3rd

Appearance
Rhea is small for her age, being skinny as well as short, standing a total of 4’9”. Her addiction to high heels, however, usually keeps her between 4’11 and 5’1. On a rare occasion, when she is simply spending the day in the garden, she will wear a pair of beat-up converse and then her real height shows. If it weren't for her overall demeanor – the way she carries herself as she walks and the confident look her eyes hold at most times when she looks at people – she'd appear frail, breakable, and very young. Rhea’s eyes are somewhat large for her features and a very light blue color, spider-webbed with a shade of grey that is nearly silver. She has deep red hair; a little lighter of a shade than your average strawberry. Her hair is long and curly. Naturally, her hair is unruly and impossible to keep from frizzing, but she keeps it under control - whether by magical means or the use of a lot of hair care products is uncertain. When down, her hair reaches just past her shoulders, though she often has at least the front half pulled back. Like many redheads, tanning proves difficult for her, and her few attempts have left her with a very faint scattering of freckles, though they are difficult to make out at most times.

Family
Her father being a wizard and her mother a witch, – as where their parents and their parents before them as far as she knows – Rhea is a pureblood; though she doesn't hold to the belief that her blood makes her any different. Rhea's mother doesn't have a true job, and spends her time at home. Rhea's father travels a lot, looking for new forms of magic spread throughout different cultures; overlooked by many witches and wizards, and different items with magical properties. He also searches for different ingredients that would better amplify the effects of potions. Due to her father always messing around with different potion ingredients, Rhea developed a love for experimenting; though she has learned to be careful with what ingredients she uses. As far as anyone in school knows, Rhea is an only child. She has an aunt and two cousins who live in America; so she knows some about muggles aside from what's taught in Muggle Studies Class from visits from her aunt and her two cousins; even if some of her information is a bit twisted.

Childhood
Rhea's family moved around a lot when she was a kid; due to her father's profession. When Rhea was ten, they finally settled in a small town so that Rhea could attend school and know where she was going to go when she visited home for the holidays. Rhea was home schooled as a child, learning all her parents felt she needed to know before she ventured to Hogwarts. Because of this, and the fact that their constant moving around made it difficult for Rhea to keep any friendships with people her own age, she grew very close to her parents. When they lived in more rural areas, Rhea spent much of her time exploring the great outdoors; often pretending to be with her father on one of his trips to a mysterious foreign land, full of danger that his daring daughter would have to help him out of. When Rhea was a little older, her father sometimes took her with him on trips that weren't too far away. These trips are some of her most cherished childhood memories. Whenever her dad went on a trip without Rhea, he would always bring her back some neat trinket. Whether it be an intricately painted figurine ( I -think- that's the word I'm looking for...), a new dress, or occasionally an item containing magical properties. Rhea enjoyed her childhood very much, and was a very happy kid for the most part.

Current:
Rhea’s engagement to Lucian Vent is common knowledge, and the diamond set in the ring she wears serves as proof of her relationship status. Normally, Rhea appears very distant, often staring into space, completely lost in her own thoughts. But when she smiles, her entire expression lights up. Her expressions are gentle, and her voice and laugh usually very soft. Despite her somewhat childish appearance, she carries a very motherly air about her, and seems especially kind to the younger students. In her classes, Rhea does about average. She excels in charms and does well in potions, though she struggles to maintain a passing grade in transfiguration. At times, she lapses back into her old studying habits, which involved no studying at all, but she usually catches herself and repairs her grades.
Although Rhea is far from antisocial, the people who she considers close to her are limited. She talks to a majority of the Hogwarts population, but over the years she has grown to consider a very small group of people friends. Her fiancé, Lucian, is of course within this group. She has made mistakes in her past with their relationship and regrets them more than she is capable of expressing, but she is determined to make it up to him and to prove to him that he can trust her. Rosdion Nifien is another close friend of hers. She has known him for the majority of her years at Hogwarts and, despite all of the stupid things she has done, has stuck by her as her best friend. She owes Ros a great deal and would do anything for him, though she is realizing she hasn’t been there quite as much as she should have been and is making an effort to fix that. Jacklin Halenner is one of the few girls Rhea is close to. She has a tendency to mingle with the male population, but Jackie is an exception. Although Rhea hasn’t known her for long, she seems a very interesting person and Rhea cares for her like a sister. She feels protective over her friend and is hoping her influence can be of some aid in Jackie’s life. Although Rhea has other people she thinks of as friends, and many other people she talks to, these three are the closest to her right now.

Favorite places
There are several places Rhea frequents and spends large amounts of time:
- The garden at Hogwarts. Rhea spends a fair amount of her time sitting by the lake, studying, thinking, or just relaxing. She often comes here when she doesn't want to deal with the number of people or the drama in the halls of Hogwarts.
- The astronomy tower. Some nights Rhea sneaks up here at curfew; very careful to avoid any professors, and will spend hours staring up at the night sky.
- Pinboria. When Rhea really wants to get away from people and think, she goes to Pinboria and sits by the ocean for long periods of time. This is usually on days when she's overworked or stressed, or just plain depressed.

Items she carries: Pretty much at all times, there are a few items Rhea always has with her.
-A silver ring with an aquamarine stone in it.
-Her wand, usually attached somehow to her robes on her right side, level with her hand.
-A small pouch, about the size of the palm of her hand, closed with an elongated drawstring that has been looped through her belt loops, leaving the pouch to hang at her hip on her left side.
-A turtleshell ring, hanging from a thin, silver chain around her neck.
-A silver engagement ring with a large diamond set into it worn on her left ring finger, telling of her engagement to Lucian Vent.

Quotes:
"What does it mean to live on in the mind of another? Nothing I think. You aren't really there, are you?" -The Vampire Lestat.

"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality." -Shirley Jackson.

“The world is a horrible, cruel place, but I am determined to carve out my own happy spot in it if I have to do it with nothing but a plastic spoon!” – myself.

Theme songs:
Within Temptation- Bittersweet. This one's for her and Drith. :p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIrFpNZbSt0

Three Days Grace- Get Out Alive
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miFhwa1_fwE

Greenday- Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awJ_ekg6BZQ

Last edited by Shmee on Mon May 18, 2009 4:04 pm, edited 54 times in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:28 pm 
Forum Third Year
Forum Third Year

Lol, thus the reason i did not do a friends list or anything like that. it's just not possible for me to list all of Rhea's friends, etc. I'd forget ppl and they'd be all mad at me <.<. Wasn't gonna mention Pedro even but nooo he had to wine about it :XP That doesn't mean I'll mention everyone else if they wine too so no pestering. *Hides*

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:11 pm 
Forum Third Year
Forum Third Year

Updated. Added a childhood thing and a friends list *Shudders at the prospect of all the PMs and tells she is bound to get from people she forgot*

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:19 pm 
Forum Third Year
Forum Third Year

A couple minor updates dealing with relationships.

"You think anything is possible. But that isn't so. The world closes tight around this miracle soon enough; and you don't ask for other miracles. That is, you become accustomed to the new limits and the limits define everything once again."

Characters: Rhea Maltrix, Hufflepuff and Annabel Morgan, Ravenclaw

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:33 pm 
Forum Third Year
Forum Third Year

Added a pic >.>

"You think anything is possible. But that isn't so. The world closes tight around this miracle soon enough; and you don't ask for other miracles. That is, you become accustomed to the new limits and the limits define everything once again."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:41 am 
Forum Third Year
Forum Third Year

Updated friends, changing it to her opinions on some people. I'll continue adding names and updating her opinions. There are a lot of people not added, and a lot who wont be added simply because her bio is overly long as is ^_^.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:48 am 
Forum Third Year
Forum Third Year

Got overly bored in class and updated opinions a little. Added a couple people and made some minor adjustments to a few.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:39 am 
Forum Third Year
Forum Third Year

Edit for personality.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:34 pm 
Forum Third Year
Forum Third Year

Edit to a few views on people, and fixed a little with the edit to her personality.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:27 am 
Forum Third Year
Forum Third Year

Edited her personality slightly to be more up-to-date. I also added items she carries around and changed the format of her opinions and edited them.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:25 pm 
Forum Third Year
Forum Third Year

Edited her personality some, along with things she does in her free time. Added Natalie and Drogo to opinions and edited her opinion on Drathil. Also added in a downfalls section and her birthday.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:15 pm 
Forum Third Year
Forum Third Year

Made a couple edits so it's more how she is currently.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:57 pm 
Forum Third Year
Forum Third Year

Updated a little. Added another song and put links for both. Also took away a few things that no longer fit her.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:43 pm 
Forum Third Year
Forum Third Year

Made a couple adjustments, added a very short "people" section, a "current" section (which is likely to change fairly often), and a "Favorite places" section to show a few of the things she does when she's not around people. I'll work on improving it over time, but too tired to really do much else with it at the moment.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:49 am 
Forum Third Year
Forum Third Year

Minor edit. Changed her "current".

Board index » Server » Character Bios