Board index » Server » Character Bios

Post subject: Harvey Trent Downs
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:08 pm 
Forum Third Year
Forum Third Year

Name: Harvey Trent Downs

House: Gryffindor

Notable Nicknames: Trent.

Place of Birth: Greater Manchester, England.

Date of Birth: The Twenty-second of September (the Autumnal Equinox).

Family Background: Harvey was born and raised in the city of Manchester in the county of Greater Manchester, England; the son of two loving parents, Leanne J. Darling and Genevieve M. Downs, both of which were Muggles. His familial environment was of the nurturing and loving sort, not entirely undisciplined but not at all rigid. Harvey grew up in the thriving city, entirely accustomed to walking where he needed to go but quite in tune with the trend of technology; as a matter of fact, the discovery that his i-Pod didn't function on school grounds was a small tragedy to a boy of eleven years.
Growing up with two mothers was another profound influence on Harvey. He was taught to keep his beliefs (as liberal as they already are) open to influence and that changes and varieties in life are to be expected and embraced.

Blood: On his first trip to Gringotts Harvey discovered that did indeed have a good bit of Wizarding blood in him. His biological father (Harvey was concieved via artificial insemination) was the great godson of Lebediah Smith, brother of Hepzibah Smith the famous collector of magical trinkets, and distant relation of both Helga Hufflepuff and Godric Gryffindor (as they were both distant relations themselves). Having presented the goblin Clerk at Gringotts with his father's name, the clerk took it upon himself (out of protocol, not kindness) to trace the boy's lineage to see if he had inherited any sum of money or a vault. As it turned out he had indeed recieved a vault, a small fortune of Hepzibah's and a rare trinket or three (Hepzibah's marrital relations had picked through the majority of her wealth and collection of various odds and ends of wizardry at the time of her unfortunate death) so Harvey was left with relatively little as he was the last to claim his inheritence. However, as he was the only surviving blood relation (the usual detriments of generations of determined inbreeding had thinned out the direct Smith line, though the name lived on as it was passed down by marriage) he inherited her Gringotts vault.

Favorite School Subjects:
Charms, Transfiguration, and Care of Magical Creatures.

Interests: Harvey's primary interests follow a vaguely similar trend: art, art and art. His scholarly aspirations consist of maintaining good grades (though he struggles slightly in Defense Against the Dark Arts and is usually annoyed with Muggle Studies) and balancing his art with extra-curricular activities such as tending the greenhouses and working with Hagrid, usually focusing on fey-related creatures like pixies, faeries, gnomes, laughing rocks, et cetera. And the occasional (actually quite often) unicorn.

Physical Traits: Harvey is [Like most of my characters] of above average looks. He is of a decent height, not too tall or too short, and of a physique toned by forest hikes and the wrangling of angry blast-ended skrewts. His complexion is healthy, not bothered by acne (except during that hormonally-troublesome fourth year) or other blemish, and lightly tan. His hair is a dark brown, often described as chestnut or auburn, and cut somewhere around average length. His eyes are pine green with trace of brown around the pupil. On a scale of one to ten, one being vomit-inducing, five being average and ten being 'total Hogwarts heart-throb', he is around a seven, perhaps seven and a half (depending on the preference of the viewer, he is a firm believer that 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder').

Friends: Harvey's somewhat carefree and relaxed attitude, refreshing smile and genuinely kind demeanor have left him with no one he would label an enemy. Although not super-utterly-tremendously popular (he has little desire to be in such standing) Harvey remains well-liked by his peers and the Hogwarts faculty.

Personality: Harvey is a free-thinking individual with a seemingly never-ending supply of 'fallen stars' in his pocket. He is most definitely a people person and will not hesitate to help a friend, or even a stranger, in need. He prides himself on the fact that he enjoys his life and intends to live it to the fullest. He believes that a person only has one chance and that they are weighed and measured based on the good that they do and the lives they change for the better.

Wand: Ollivander: Vine wood and Unicorn Hair, 11¾ inches, relatively flexible. The wand itself is an auburn color with a smooth texture and well-polished appearance. When waved the wand flows through the air like any graceful and elegant instrument but its dark hue and straight shape give it an undeniably durable and vaguely masculine appearance, it doesn't looks like it's about to snap in half if you drop it.

Patronus: [I’ve honestly yet to decide, I suppose I’ll have to actually –play- him first]

Preferred Style of Combat: A duel, or really conflict of any sort, is rather out of character for Harvey and since he has never been in such a situation Harvey is rather unawares as to his comfortable style of swapping spells.

Likes: Art. Painting. Magical creatures of all sorts (most sorts, rather, he’s not that fond of trolls). People. Life.

Dislikes: Not much besides Ignorant/Belligerent/Cruel people and squash (be it winter, summer or any other kind).

Current: Harvey can often be seen in his school robes, occasionally marred by a spot (or several dozen spots) of paint. A smile is never far from his lips and he delights in small, passing conversations or philosophical ones of longer length. When not painting, studying or doing laps about the Quidditch pitch, Harvey can also be seen with Hagrid, assisting him with his daily tasks which usually involve forays into the Forbidden Forest and grooming potentially deadly creatures. Harvey often goes to his teachers for extra time and directed studies and often asks them to give him the opportunity to paint their portraits.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:50 pm 
Forum Third Year
Forum Third Year

Edit: Updated 'Blood Section'. I'll be putting up an RP post concerning the events mentioned soon-ish.

Edit of the Edit: No I won't. I pretty much summarized it and I'm just not inspired enough. =P

Board index » Server » Character Bios