WoHP Homepage    Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Server » Character Bios

Post subject: Alec Wingates Character Profile & Biography
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:34 am 
Forum Third Year
Forum Third Year

Basic Information

Name: Alecsander Wingates (Alec for short)
Current Age: Eleven years, five months
Weight: Average, on the skinny side
Height: Average
Portrait: Dark hair and eyes, typically with a reserved expression

Biography: A Short Glance

It is my duty to inform you of a young boy I know going by the name of Alec Wingates. This duty strikes me as a useless one for one crucial reason, which I can only reveal to you after I've explained what I can.

Eleven year old Alec is no different than other Wizards his age in three fundamental ways. First, his curiosity and sense of exploration often get him in trouble despite his intentions to be a good boy. Second, he passively seeks like-minded kids his age to befriend. The third, and I think this may bring back memories of your own, dear reader: Alec has yet to discover who "Alec" is in the sense of identity, personality, and individuality, despite his admittance to the Ravenclaw House.

As you can imagine, the third is Alec's most important facet, because it leaves him open to the influence, wisdom (or lack thereof), and experiences of others as he develops his own sense of self. But we're jumping ahead of ourselves if we want to start with his admittance to Hogwarts and House Ravenclaw...

Alec was born to Wizards Linus Wingates and Jennifer Humphrey. The young boy spent most of his time with his mother, because Mister Wingates was a very busy, albeit un-influential and low-level clerk at the ministry of magic. He spent his youth doing what any normal boy would: Examining insects, building tree houses, and playing tag.

Indeed, before he turned eleven, Alec was, very much in the same way he is now, very similar to other boys' his age, save for the fact that he enjoyed reading, studying, and learning far more than the average boy or girl--Wizard, witch, or muggle alike.

You can imagine his glee, then, when he learned he was invited to the Hogwarts Academy for Witchcraft and Wizardry, for such an institution not only granted him access to plethoras of books otherwise inaccessible and knowledge of magical spells and otherwordly creatures, but also to like-minded, gifted boys, girls, and friends-to-be.

What you and I are left with, then, is the barely developed photograph of a boy, still wet from the dark room, and subject to light, touch, care (or miscare) of those who handle the young picture... indeed, the very same one above this short glance. So you see, reader: I write that my duty to tell you about Alec Wingates is useless in the sense that not even Alec knows who he is, because he hasn't become anyone yet. Who he does become, however, interests me greatly, and if you would like, I can document the process in great or small detail. Whichever tickles your fancy.

Appearance: An Even Shorter Glance

Eleven year old Alec Wingates is by all means ordinary looking. He sports dark hair, has dark eyes, and is of average height and weight. Currently, Alec's only distinct feature is in no way thanks to biology, for his parents are anything but exceptional. Rather, his distinct feature is the way he looks at people or things. He seems to take in every angle, detail, shape, colour, or other visual aspect of an object or person. Needless to write, his visual attention and straight-forwardness lends an element of deepness to his eyes, which, I would argue, makes them distinct, if not appealing, despite his otherwise normal appearance.

Board index » Server » Character Bios