House: Gryffindor
Wand: Mahogany Dragon Heartstring
Heritage: Mudblood?
Family members:
Mother: Nevena Wrede, Bulgarian
Father: Örjan Fuglesang, Swedish †
Adoptive Father: Christian Wrede, Swedish

Appearance
Vinter has tresses of platinum blond which are layered-cut and styled. Her dark, chocolate-brown eyes are lightly outlined in black with mascara that makes her gaze appear even more striking than the initial contrast between hair and orbs. The young girl has a pixie-like nose that swoops daintily down from its peek, with full lips that are pink and reveal perfect, alabaster teeth upon smiling. Her smile is bright and brilliant, and she has a pair of dimples pressed under her high cheekbones. It's not uncommon to find a song on her lips, and her voice is melodic and soft. Vinter stands slightly shorter than the others of her age and she has a slender figure that pours into a thin hourglass. Her soft hands have long fingers terminated in painted, polished pink nails. The nails are not kept too long, as she seems to be in company of an acoustic guitar quite often and it would likely be inconvenient.

Marit Larsen – To An End

Background

Vinter seems to be quite new to the world of magic. Judging by her reactions at times, one might even think that she is a muggle that has somehow ended up at Hogwarts by mistake. The more likely explanation is that she is a Mudblood.

To her knowledge, her parents were both muggles, and there are no Witches or Wizards on the immediate family-tree. Her father died from a drowning accident when Vinter was barely 2 years old, though her mother remarried the same year and the new husband, a professional photographer, ended up adopting Vinter. She grew up in Göteborg, also nicknamed Little London, in Sweden, and has spent all her life, up until now, there.

Her new father soon found that his adoptive daughter had a talent for catching people's attention with her large doe-eyes and charming smile, and it did not take long before photo-shots became part of the weekly schedule. Vinter attended Göteborgs Högre Samskola from the age of 5 until she was 9, when her parents took her out of school to focus on her modeling career. It was during a time of constantly being dollied-up, wearing all forms of outfits, make-up and even wigs, that Vinter also found an interest in music and song. Her parents naturally used this for what it was worth, having the little girl perform at various charity events, concerts and even on Nordic TV in the (in)famous "Young Idol" competition in which she came in as number 10.

When Vinter's letter of acceptance arrived, her family was taken quite by surprise--it seemed that her birth-father had neglected to tell her mother about all that which he should have when she had been registered with the Ministry shortly after birth...

... suffice to say, they were not very pleased.

Maria Mena – Calm Under the Waves

Personality
Vinter seems like she is living in her own little world sometimes, her dark eyes staring dreamily off at nothing (or at people, unintentionally). She can be quite charismatic in certain situations, and is used to getting what she wants that way. She looks and sometimes behaves older than what she really is, likely due to her childhood. She is quite cheerful and curious, often caught glancing around with an immense wonderment flooding her deep, dark eyes.

Habits and Quirks

-Singing: Vinter is rarely seen or heard without a hum following along in her steps. The melodies vary from cheerful, simple, intricate, mysterious, and somber.

-Staring: She seems to be one of these people who doesn't realize they are staring at others, though some times it seems she's just staring straight through them.

-Stutter: Vinter has a mild stutter which never seems to affect her when she is singing. The stuttering is increased when she is nervous or frightened.

"Ah, music, a magic beyond all we do here."
~A.Dumbledore~

Last edited by Vinter on Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:00 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Vinter Fuglesang Wrede
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:28 pm 
Forum Second Year
Forum Second Year

The beige, hardback, leather journal seems to have been purchased recently as it still holds the leathery smell such books commonly do when they are new. However, the owner has already personalized it with several items glued to the cover; colorful flower petals act as a frame, while at the center of attention a simple grand staff, such as one would find on a piece of sheet music, has been drawn in black ink. There are, at first glance, no notes present on the lines. One may also come to notice that it is shut rather tight, and a small, intricate lock is set on the middle-right side of the book.

((All diary entries are private unless specifically stated, and some may be pre-Hogwarts.))

Post subject: Vinter's Diary
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:54 pm 
Forum Second Year
Forum Second Year

Hello Kitty!

June 14th

So my mom bought you for me today. I guess she thinks I'm bored and feels that I can be less bored by writing stuff down. I don't know. Either way, you weren't that pretty, except for your lock, so I stashed some nice things on the front page to decorate you!

We got back some photos today from the five-day shot in Stockholm back in May. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewww, that thing around my neck was SO itchy!!! Urgh!!!

Summer's a drag when you're being home-schooled. No summer vacation or anything, it's soooo boring. Silla called yesterday and wanted to go to the beach, but my mom said no because I hadn't finished my homework. HOMEWORK? It doesn't even make sense to call it that because ALL my work is homework...O.o I hope we'll be able to go to the beach this weekend, Silla and me, because I haven't seen her in months and I miss hanging out with her. Maybe she can come with us when we go to this painter-guy out at Saltholmen on Saturday.

Bleh, we had some real nasty sushi for dinner today.
I don't get what's so great about eating raw fish. It's raw!

Official List of Things to Do:

1. Hang out with Silla!
2. GET MY OWN CELLPHONE!
3. Get painted!
*a big smiley face is drawn next to this*

4. Ask Beg for puppy for birthday!

Last edited by Vinter on Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:05 pm 
Forum Second Year
Forum Second Year

Hello Kitty!

June 19th

I had an awesome weekend! No work, and lots of fun. Just writing real quick before bed, will write more later. Tomorrow we're going to a festival to discuss a contract.

My weekend:

1. Went to see Silla.
2. Went to beach with Silla.
3. Got painted!!!!!!
4. Had really great BBQ with Christian and mom.
5. Stayed up sooo late to watch movie.

We took some pictures at the beach, too! Oh!! And mom said that we might go visit grandpa in Bulgaria later this summer, if the contract goes in and we get the time afterwards. GREAT!!! I never went to Bulgaria before!!

Last edited by Vinter on Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:09 pm 
Forum Second Year
Forum Second Year

Hello Kitty!
June 20th

We got the painting from the painter-guy today! I took a photo of it, so the colors got kind of shabby because of the blitz- I look so pale!! O.O But it looks better on the canvas. I look much older- at least fourteen or fiften! Haha, I like that!! I'm gonna get some painting stuff later so that I can paint people too, it's pretty awesome! Anyway, I got a weird letter today in the mail, it has REALLY nice writing and a weird red stamp or something on the back, but I'll open it later-- right now my mom is calling me up for dinner.... I just hope it's not sushi again! T_T

Cya Kitty!!

((Quick painting. Might look distorted in skin-color because my shabby wide-screen is kind of getting old... I just noticed when I moved it to my laptop screen after it was done. Sniffle. And Gryffindor colors don't really go with a pre-Hogwarts diary entry, but who cares!! XD))

Last edited by Vinter on Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:16 pm 
Forum Second Year
Forum Second Year

Hello Kitty.
June 27th

Some really weird stuff happened the past few days...

Know that letter I mentioned? Well, it was an invitation to go to a school of magic. Haha, I thought it was kind of funny. Can you picture me pulling bunnies out of a hat? Me neither... but it sounds interesting to try! I don't know, there's just a feeling about this whole thing... WOW, I SOUND DORKY!! Either way, my mom was convinced that it was a prank or a commercial for a costume shop for Halloween or something, so she threw it out.

Oh, weirdest stuff wasn't that though. Some lady in a really nice dress-suit, with a briefcase and everything came to our house today. My mom shooed me downstairs to my room, though. Afterward, the lady came downstairs and talked to me for a while about my life in Göteborg, about my friends, about my photos and about my schooling. She was real curious and asked the weirdest of things, like if I knew what I would be doing years from now. I told her that I would be living in a castle, duh. Cause I'm totally getting my own castle when I get all famous!!
*a grinning smiley has been doodled here*

Anyway, she talked to my mom some more upstairs and I could hear my mom being real loud and screaming something about "he would have told her" or something. I don't know... Then it was dinner-time and the lady was gone when I came back upstairs. I dunno what it was about, but when I came to the kitchen, my mom was crying... I think. She wasn't even cutting onions or garlic or anything, and when I went to hug her, she just stormed to the bathroom. It was kind of scary... to see her like that. I don't think I did anything wrong. Christian was there too, and he said that mom was just nervous about work or something.

It was really weird. Everyone's acting strange now in the house. I wanna know what the lady said to upset my mom.
*sad face doodle*

Anyway, bedtime. Good night.

Post subject: Through the Looking-Glass
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:46 pm 
Forum Second Year
Forum Second Year

~ The Visit ~

"Ding-dong!"

The doorbell rang like tiny churchbells that had just been stirred to life by the lightest nudge. The sound was soft, as though the bells had wrapped themselves into a comfortable layer of soft dew-feathers, only to be awakened from their deep slumber. On this particular afternoon, the house was otherwise empty of sounds and the music that often streamed through it was missing from the air. A soft thump followed the sound of the doorbell, and light footfalls approached.

Outside stood a small lady. Well, not small, but just short enough to be considered standing at less-than an average height. She had a pair of brown spectacles which were shaped like the suitcase she carried in her left hand; in her right, a black umbrella. Thin, white gloves covered her hands and she wore a fashionable, black rain-frock, and her black shoes were slightly muddy from the approach to the house- it had been raining most of that morning, after all.

The rain hadn't been able to touch anything above the shoes though, and she looked like she had just stepped out of a car, though there were none to be seen or heard in the little street behind her. Her black hair was set up in a tight knot and she looked like someone who goes straight to the point in a conversation, with creamy skin that was tightly drawn over her features, and thin, pursed lips.

"Are you Vinter Fuglesang?" The lady had a surprisingly pleasant voice as her green eyes were lowered to the little girl in the doorway.

The girl gave a quick smile as she responded, "Vinter Fuglesang Wrede, yes. That's me. Who are you?"

The lady's thin lips slowly crept upward and she seemed to appraise the girl for a moment or two before answering, "I am pleased to make your acquaintance, young Miss Vinter. My name is Sophie Cross, and I come from the--"

"Who's at the door, sweetie?" The woman was interrupted by another voice chiming from inside of the house, and soon a bohemian-looking, messy-haired woman came to stand behind the girl; the mother, presumably. She looked at the suitcase-holding lady that was standing outside and offered a welcoming smile, "Hello, may I help you?"

"Yes. You must be Nevena Fuglesang?" The lady extended her white-gloved hand to the woman, who, slowly, extended her own, bare hand, and there was a brief moment of quiet confusion before the lady introduced herself again. "It is good to meet you, Mrs. Fuglesang. My name is Sophie Cross, and I come from the--"

"Wrede. Nevena Wrede. I've remarried." Nevena interjected quickly, but seemed unphased by the mistake.

"Ah, we did not know that. My apologies. We are of course aware of your husb-- Vinter's father's accident some years back." The lady, Sophie, spoke faster now, as though in an attempt to avoid further interruptions so early in the afternoon. "I am here to follow up on the invitation Vinter received about a week ago. May I please come in?"

Post subject: Through the Looking-Glass
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:00 pm 
Forum Second Year
Forum Second Year

~ The Visit, pt. 2~

The lady took one step inside the living-room, the carpet was quietly thankful that she left her muddy shoes in the hallway. She took in the living-room with one brief glance of her green eyes from behind her brown spectacles; carpets of summer-sky blue stretched across the floor, walls painted in a warm golden-brown, a myriad of interesting paintings-- all unmoving --and furniture of which no one piece matched each other. She nodded to Nevena, "Colorful. Homely. Good. Let us get down to business shall we?"

The little girl that was standing as perfectly still as she could muster, nearly held her breath. She stood in the hallway just beyond the doorway that lead to the part of the living-room where her mother and the mysterious lady were getting seated. She knew that she couldn't be seen at this angle, but being heard was another thing. On this particular afternoon, the house was slumbering, after all.

"I am not quite sure why you are here, Miss Cross," she could hear her mother's voice from around the corner. "Is this about the audition next week?"

The lady slowly peeled the white gloves off of her hands and shook her head, pulling her briefcase up to snap the dual-locks open. "No. I come from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. You did receive our letter, yes?"

The little girl could feel the steady drums in her ears and every necessary breath turned into a loud tornado in her throat as she lurked and tried to be as quiet as mice-- now, mice are not necessarily that quiet, but I suppose it is a saying of sorts. For a minute she thought she was going both deaf and mute as the sounds within overflowed the voices in the other room. She then held her breath to silence the storm and the rhythm in her head, just for a moment, but soon found that air does not particularly like being compressed and would do anything to try and escape--

The visiting lady quickly snapped her head toward the doorway in a hawk-like manner, or perhaps it was more in the style of a bloodhound that had just found the number one clue in a mystery puzzle. "I believe that your walls have grown a pair of tiny ears, Mrs. Wrede."

Vinter's dark-brown, near black eyes went wide. She had almost coughed, just almost, yet not made a sound, and yet the lady knew she was there? How on earth was that possible? She slowly let out the most silent breath she could manage and eased herself along the wall, away from the little corner at the doorway.

Nevena followed the lady's glance, looking mildly confused between the "Witchcraft and Wizardry" bit, and her the notion of the walls growing ears. "... one moment, please."

~~

"But, but... but mom!!"

"No protests now. Go to your room and focus on your homework until I call you for dinner."

The long tube of steps leading down to the decorated basement sounded angry beneath the girl's feet as she stomped downstairs.

~~

"I apologize. She's curious by nature. What was that about... a school of...?" Nevena sank down into the couch again, her skepticism alight in her dark eyes and bronzed features as she returned her attention to the visiting lady that had called herself Sophie Cross.

"I am surprised by your reaction, Mrs. Wrede. Did not Mr. Fuglesang notify you upon your daughter's birth? She has the potential- and you should know this, it comes from your side of the family too..."

The lady paused momentarily as she took in the many different expressions of confusion that she could read on Nevena's face, but she bluntly continued. "Your father's mother, to be more specific. Her family dwelled near the township of Vidin, Bulgaria, just at the border to Romania, am I right?"

She could easily tell that the girl's mother was not impressed, by far. In fact, it looked almost like she was about to toss her straight out the door.

"... ex... -cuse me?" was all that Nevena managed to utter, looking at the mysterious lady in utter disbelief. How a perfect stranger could hold such details was beyond her- and it was making her skin crawl.

Sophie quickly opened her briefcase and promptly took out a folder with a small print that almost seemed to have a moving, flowing print. "Fuglesang" it read. "I'm sorry, Mrs. Wrede. This must be a lot for you all at once. Here are the documents that your ... that Vinter's father filed and had approved with the Ministry of Magic eleven years ago. You can find his signature at the bottom. I am a bit confused though, that her father would do so without your knowledge...?"

It was at this moment that something seemed to go very wrong with this conversation. The bohemian woman that sat in the couch aside of the mysterious lady suddenly snapped and swiftly brushed aside the folder, sending all kinds of paper flying about the room-- and they were, in fact, literally flying. Some took the shapes of paper-planes and delicately floated back into Sophie's briefcase, others, not so technical, found their way back to the briefcase by some manner of invisible breeze that gently pushed them along.

"How dare you come into my house with such lies? Do you think I am stupid? If my dead husband had done anything in regards to our daughter, HE WOULD HAVE TOLD ME!" Nevena was fiery red from her chin and all the way up to her forehead and she looked like her whole head was going to pop like a balloon any second as she shouted at the lady which was still sitting perfectly still on the couch.

"What is worse, is that you seem to think that I am going to buy all of this! What are you after? My daughter?!"

"Nothing of the sort, Mrs. Wrede." Sophie said calmly in a mellow tone. She let her hand slip out from underneath her briefcase, and nestled in her hand was what looked like a thin, wooden conducting baton. Nevena's eyes followed the whirly swing it took and suddenly the pieces seemed to fit, if not perfectly, at least a bit better. Something her father had always told her seemed to be pulled out from the back of her mind, and something that Vinter's father had whispered to her one evening was floating like gentle ghosts among her memories. All of which she had forgotten many, many years ago.

~~

The young girl could hear precise steps descend the stairs toward where she was sitting in the room below. Her dark eyes were immediately drawn toward the source, the mysterious lady. Her fashionable, black raincoat was gone, and she was wearing a very pretty dress-suit that made her look all secretary-like. Or perhaps like teachers would look, she imagined, many years in the past.

"Hi."

Last edited by Vinter on Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:13 pm 
Forum Second Year
Forum Second Year

Hi Kitty.
August, 1st year

Wow... it's been a long time since I wrote now and a lot of things have changed. A couple of days ago I said goodbye to mom and Christian and got on the plane to London. Things had been really awkward since before July, since that letter came and Ms. Cross visited. She came and visited one more time and gave me some reading material. Oh, and I'm a Witch (or going to be).

A Witch.

ImageYupp. No bunnies out of hats or anything. But I've apparently got some talents other than whatever mom used to praise me for when I was in front of the cameras. Do I look like one?
*a curly arrow point toward some fashion picture* I don't think so.

When I waited at the train station in London, I had to walk through a wall to get to a special station and I was pretty freaked out about that. When I got on the train, it was full of students, and it seemed like everyone else were all used to this whole magic thing, and all friends with each other. The others did magic tricks and ate candy that moved by itself. I'm not sure what to think really... am I going to fit in? Don't get me wrong, I'm really excited. I'm just really... I dunno, I thought I knew what I was good at already, and well, magic exists??! It was nice of Ms. Cross to remind me of a few things, but I've been a little skeptical, until the train-ride and until we got here. It's like a whole different world that I didn't know about before.

But it's SO beautiful here!!!

I did meet a nice girl at the school when I first got here, her name is Rowan Theirin, and she is a Prefect for the Ravenclaw House. She was real nice and showed me to "The Sorting Hat" which is this talking hat that figures out what house you belong to. There were hundreds of candles floating in the air above the hall it was in, I just couldn't stop staring.

Anyway, the hat was sort of indecisive for a minute, but I was sorted into the Gryffindor House. I'd briefly read about it in one of the books Ms. Cross gave me; brave at heart, daring, chivalrous... not sure I'm any of those, though.

Sorry this is a bit short, but I don't have much time. I have to try to sleep before tomorrow. Don't ask me how, but I've got to work on figuring out how to turn a beetle into a button.... and I think I need all the rest I can get before that tricky assignment.

Going to drift away to Beyond the Sunset... it's so relaxing and kind of motivating.

Later Kitty.

Board index » Server » Character Bios