WoHP Homepage    Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Server » Character Bios

Post subject: Lillian Stewart
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:48 am 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

Basic Information
Name: Lillian Stewart
Birthday: She celebrates her birthday on the date of the winter solstice.
Blood: Pureblood
Year: 3
House: Hufflepuff
Languages: English(native)

Appearance

Lillian is short and very skinny, with dark brown hair which she usually keeps pulled back in a ponytail. Her skin is pale, almost unhealthily so, as if she doesn't spend any time outdoors. Her eyes are hazel.

When she's not wearing her house robes, she usually wears a black jumper-style dress over a white long-sleeved shirt and white tights. A particular pair of black gloves are always on her hands.

Personality
Often mistaken for shy, she tends to quietly observe others around her rather than engage them in conversation, unless she has something to say. She can be very outspoken about her beliefs and compulsions, occasionally coming across a bit heavy-handed in trying to convince other students to follow her personal rules. She suffers from a phobia of dirt and germs as well as moderate obsessive-compulsive disorder, manifesting itself in obsessions with order and balance, her intensely structured routine, and the avoidance of certain numbers. She also strictly adheres to both the school rules and a behavioral code of her own devising, both of which frequently hamper her social interactions with others.

Family History
((For my keeping straight of things: Family tree))
The Stewarts
The Stewart family first rose to prominence in the wizarding community in the twelfth century, though their family name was different. But it was the same blood, passed down always to the eldest child with wizarding ability, regardless of sex. They were known for producing many of the prominent seers through the medieval and renaissance periods of history, though the last great seer to come from the Stewart family was Mary Stewart, born at the end of the eighteenth century. Since then, the family has become known more for their eccentric and superstitious ways than for any great divination talent.

The Wallaces
Another old wizarding family, the first mention of the Wallaces in records can be found at the beginning of the seventeenth century, when Arthur Wallace stood trial for the attempted murder of his wife. He only escaped imprisonment in Azkaban by a clever - and, unfortunately, entirely accurate - insanity plea. They never produced any truly great wizards, but the family's deepest secrets have very little to do with dark magic. Almost all witches and wizards of the Wallace family line have suffered from some form of mental illness, with the severity varying from a wizard who had a severe and unexplainable aversion to the number six, to a witch who was convinced that the voices in her head wanted her to murder the entire village of muggles who lived down the valley.

Early Life
Born to James and Rachel Stewart, both her family line and her strange upbringing virtually guaranteed that Lillian would turn out oddly. Her severely agoraphobic mother had retreated to the security of her bedroom suite by the time Lillian was six, and most of her older childhood was spent watching over her father's shoulder as he attempted various divinations. Visitors were very rare at the Stewart household, mostly consisting of adults visiting to seek James' services, and children Lillian's age coming with their parents was unheard of. One of the few arguments that took place between her parents concerned whether or not she should attend Hogwarts. Her mother felt that she should continue to be taught at home, while her father believed that she would receive a better and more varied education at a proper school. Her father eventually won the argument, and she set off into the world for the first time.

Life at Hogwarts
Lillian was sorted into Hufflepuff house upon her arrival at school. She gets along with few of her classmates, being considered unpleasantly strange by almost all of them. In her first few years, however, she found allies in Evelyn Grant and Amber Ramsay, both of which helped her deal with the actions of other students and become used to living amongst others. Her natural talents for divination and transfiguration make those classes come easily to her, while her love of order and early childhood experiences with numerology fuel her interests in astronomy and arithmancy. However, she hates the time she's forced to spent in the greenhouses during herbology, or working around animals during care of magical creatures.

Important Possessions
Her Diary
She keeps a diary close to the top of her trunk, which is kept unlocked. Any Hufflepuff, or visitor, with access to her trunk can access the diary.
Lily's Diary

Wand
Her wand is a family heirloom, once belonging to the witch Mary Stewart(1795-1864), Lillian's great-great-great-great-great-grandmother on her father's side. It is made of ash, ten and a half inches long and sturdy, with an Augurey tail feather core.

Music
On a good day:
"And when I feel like I can feel once again / Let me stay awhile / Soak it in awhile / If we can hold on we can fix what is wrong / Buy a little time / For this head of mine"
The Light Before We Land - The Delgados

On a bad day:
"With me well, I'm well, well, I mean I'm in hell / Well, I still have my health, at least that's what they tell me / If wellness is this what in hell's name is sickness? / But business is business and business runs in the family
We tend to bruise easily, bad in the blood / I'm telling you cause I just want you to know me / Know me and my family, we're wonderful folks but / Don't get too close to me..."
"Mary, have mercy, now look what I've done / But don't blame me because I can't help where I come from"
"I can run using every last ounce of energy / I cannot, I cannot, I cannot run from my family"

Runs in the Family - Amanda Palmer

Sam McKinnon - 6th Year Ravenclaw

Jabari Nwosu * Joshua Tannerman * Lenora Hollings * Lillian Stewart * Maria Bonoa

Last edited by Yendys on Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Lillian Stewart
 Post Posted: Wed May 04, 2011 2:41 pm 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

I FINISHED IT! :D

Jabari Nwosu * Joshua Tannerman * Lenora Hollings * Lillian Stewart * Maria Bonoa

Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2011 3:04 pm 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

Assorted tiny changes.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:31 pm 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

Reorganized and updated it a bit. Added some information about what's been going on for her at hogwarts.

Board index » Server » Character Bios