WoHP Homepage    Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Server » Character Bios

Post subject: Mai Roarke
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:36 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

((Edit by: ShalynArater!))

Máiréad Chloë Roarke, Hogwart’s 7th year Hufflepuff Prefect. This 17 year old Irish lass stands at a rather small 5' 3'' for her age and rather slender in body type, making her appear younger than she really is. Her naturally dark brown hair currently is an extremely dark navy blue that looks almost black, at least for now as the color sometimes changes with her mood, and its rather choppy layers have been cut to the shortest it's ever been. Her piercing green eyes usually carry a lighthearted mirth with them, though they have been known to darken with deeper emotions. She has several piercings including a crystal on the bottom right side of her lip, around the edges of her ears are several golden hoops (5 in total on each ear), three crystals on each hip, and a belly ring. Around Mai’s neck you’ll usually see a necklace with a crystal on the end which contains a small black rose. This rose seems to reflect whatever Mai feels. On whatever clothing she has, her constant accessory would be her badge identifying her as a Prefect, and always on the left side, either on her chest or glinting at her hip. She has a few tattoos which include a rose going through a treble clef over her heart (Those who had seen it would know it used to have the name Matthew above it and Pace below it, the name now magically gone), a treble clef and bass clef fused to look like a heart on her left wrist, the Yin half of the Yin/Yang symbol on her right wrist, and a Z on the back of her neck.

♥Relationships♥

Currently, anyone who sees her will note the lack of engagement ring on her finger. Known to have been engaged to Matt Pace, it seems very odd to see her without the ring. Could this mean that the once joined at the hip couple is no longer together? Anyone who would mention this to Mai would get a shrug and a nod, but not much else out of her, not wanting to dive into the details of the apparent break up.

"For aught that I could ever read,
Could ever hear by tale or history,
The course of true love never did run smooth."
A Midsummer Night’s Dream. Act i. Sc. 1.

Recently, Mai has been seen in the company of the resident Slytherin Male Prefect, Lance Silverston. A practically tangible affection for the usually silent Lance radiates off of Mai when either talking about him or in his presence. They're more open that they are, in fact, a couple now, Mai more than happy to tell anyone who asks that she is immensely happy to be with Lance. From everything that Mai has said, it appears as though this relationship has been a long time coming, with everything seeming to finally fall into place for the little Hufflemuffin. As stark a contrast as it seems between the overly exuberant Hufflepuff and the usually solitary Slytherin, something about them just seems to -click-. But no matter what anyone says, it's more than obvious that Mai is completely and 100% in love.

~Personality~Image

Mairead is completely random and crazy. Hardly ever seen without a bright smile on her face, she greets everyone she meets with the same bubbly demeanor, or atleast tries to! Most people will have heard her being referred to as the 'Walking Cheering Charm' and one friend of hers has even gone so far as to claim that Mai is her Patronus. There have been occasions to where someone has tested her, pushing past her patience. Luckily those times have been very far and few. If one of Mai's friends needed her she would be there before you could say Quidditch. Even the younger years that frequently seek out her assistance affectionately call her, "Mum", or "Mother". This, and her love of helping others, is partly why she wanted to become the Huffle Prefect.

♦Interests♦

She loves art in all its forms. She can play the piano and violin/fiddle, although she is still learning. Musicals in particular are her favorite, ranging from classics like The Sound of Music, to recent hits like REPO! The Genetic Opera. She loves singing and you will hear her in her common room from time to time on the piano playing and singing whatever song comes to mind. Through her love of musicals, she has aquired a taste for all forms of theatre. Had her family been able to afford it, she would've loved to go see the plays produced at the theatres in Dublin. She is also an avid reader, and loves the fact that Hogwarts has such a large library. She is most fond of fantasy books, which now for her is a reality. Although you don't see a book in her hand as much anymore, she always has one in her bag somewhere.

*Personal History*

Mai was born to the wizard Brian Roarke and his muggle wife Siobhan on February 23rd at their little farm near Dublin, where she was raised her whole life. When she was born a Horrid Wilting curse was placed upon her by her father's vengeful Pureblood family, though nothing could be proved it was them.Image Fearing for his daughter's life, Brian made a deal with dark wizards to locate who did this and to find a cure. And his anger when they double crossed him cost him his life, but not before Mai was able to procure some type of temporary remedy. She lived with her mother and grandfather Kain, on the small farm before moving in with a friend of her mother’s so she could attend Hogwarts like her father did. Currently her mother has remarried and her grandfather passed away soon after the marriage. She loves her new father and even though its still new, she does call him Dad.

♣Where Will Hogwarts Take Mai?♣

In an odd twist of events with a monster named Faceless, Mai has been completely CURED of her curse. More than estatic about this she moves full force into a future that she thought she never had. More recently she has been considering running a Wizarding Day Care, seeing as she loves children and she can also use her love of music and Harmonomancy with the Day Care, giving kids lessons. She has decided to delve deeper into the Magic of Music as well as Charms and Herbology and whatever else she can to increase her chances of a successful career.

This is Máiréad Chloë Roarke

Last edited by celticxfaerie on Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:47 pm, edited 114 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Mai Roarke
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:29 am 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

Updated relationships, and tweaked interests...also took out the Blessing, as I am going to use it as my signature.....

Post Posted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:43 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

I've put songs on here as I thought of them....As I meet new people and get a song for those I know now I will add as I go and just bump the topic so I don't have as many posts :)

Post Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:58 am 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

ok I lied....i'm not just going to bump it...
I added my new adopted daughter, Rowan, and more songs...

Post Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:57 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

Added more to relationships, added song, and edited the last paragraph...

Post Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:36 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

added the recent breakup and took off Gus' song and Pic

also added pic of violin ^.^

Post Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:23 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

Took out Personal History for now until I fix it....also tweaked some other things ^.-

Post Posted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:26 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

well finally finished updateing and tweaking things here and there...

i think i wrote the history better this time around...always room for improvement ^.^....

fixed the songs too....finally got the flash player thinger to work ((thanks BSMCG and Calan *high five to you both!*))

Post Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:27 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

Tweaked around in Relationships, added new song...will think of more later but is too lazy :p

Post Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:46 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

there were violin covers of songs that i found that i just fell IN LOVE with so I had to post them....They are all Jacobs songs as well until I find more that I like for others ^.^

Post Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:15 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

Updated alotta stuff like relationships. tattoos, last paragraph....and bump just because ^.^

Post Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:59 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

bumped for new pic and new edits.....we are close to a cure!

Post Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:18 am 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

a complete redo kinda.....i fixed and shortened a lot of stuff...

Post Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:42 am 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

bump for new pic ((cant wait for the Portrait Pack update ^^ *hugs Tsu* Yer awesome!))

Post Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:07 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

bump for relationships and just stuff ((since the bump button disappeared again <.<))

Board index » Server » Character Bios