WoHP Homepage    Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Server » Character Bios

Post subject: Tom Mystrus
 Post Posted: Fri May 18, 2007 1:49 pm 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

Name: Tom Cynerus Bravlin Mystrus

House: Ravenclaw

Hometown: He lives in Austria, in the Evenhorn Castle, with is parents.

Heritage: Pureblood wizard, coming from a line of ancient wizard ditactors, in Austria.

Favorite School Subjects: Divination, and Astronomy.

Interests: Oclomancy, Divination, Ancient history

Physical Appearance: 1,60 - 1,75 meters, 50 - 65 Kg, One eye blue and the other red, thin body, Black large hair, white clean skin, elven traces.

Abilities: Telepatic and divination abilities, he can comunicate telepaticly with is familiar, and his most close friends, and he can do divination with is small crystal ball, always in is neck like an amulet.

Friends: He just arrrived to the school, so he don't have much friends, but he recently found himself interest by two very diferent girls. His wolf Ravan, that is his best friend, and his guardian, saying as well they are two parts of the same person. *(to update soon)*

Personality: He is Neutral Evil, he usually don't cares about others unless they have any interest to him. He is very sharp and intelligent, and as great knowledge of his capabilities, so if he see's he cannot handle a situacion, he doesn't have any problem to back off.

Things he's doing when not in class:
- Reading in his room
- Watching others
- Looking for adventure

(updated)

Last edited by Earaldor on Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat May 19, 2007 11:37 am 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

Yes, that's certainly not officially endorsed by the GMs. You really should run little details like that by us, Pedro. For now we can just assume that Tom strangely THINKS he can read people's minds. And someone get the poor boy some eyedrops!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 11:04 am 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

okay lets put it like divination, he can guess what the people will do, and by the future details he can make out is name, from where he is, that kind of stuff. mostly like what a gipsy do with the hand of people he do it with is eye.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 2:54 am 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

and in your opinion would the concentracion take long? and be a complicated spell? if thats what you mean, so special ability would not be special ability, most like a spell that anyone can know, and that's not how i want to put my char on. first i wanted to put someone with the ability to hear other's thinking, some that in real life we talk much about and many think is possible, but on harry potter no is not possible, because there is not a character in hp that can do that, but i think in a magic world would be normal, changed to divination, no as well he as to concentrate to a complicated spell, god complicated things happen in real life, is very dificult to do a spell in real life we need many years of meditation and knowledge but in hp? come on, its a magic world, give me a break.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 3:09 am 
Azkaban Inmate
Azkaban Inmate

I must say.. I hjate the idea of magical mind-reading eye of DOOM. As was mentioned before.. Even the great and wonderful eye of Moody can't do that. Perhap that was taking the idea of an original character too far.

I like and fully support the idea of making it a spell like thing.. but why not just go with learning Leglimency instead? Sooooo much easier to explain

Ravenclaw's Unofficial HP Trivia Champion.

Paul Millington - Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 3:35 am 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

is not like eye of doom, one with defenses like snape can resist the mind reading only the ones that are unwarded cannot resist so their mind's would be read, in the future he would study more about mind reading and would learn to break those defenses, but he would have a advantage, because is eye would make it much easier and would make him much stronger to resist or read minds. I plan to create the ultimate mind reader, that in time would even be able to break snapes mind.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:49 am 
Forum Fifth Year
Forum Fifth Year

Good to hear you don't have unreasonable goals ... :P

But you think ol' Tommy-Boy should be able to resist Snape's assault on his mind when Tom is still in Hogwarts?

And when was this eye put into his socket? Students at Hogwarts are only 11 so ... I've personally never had an eyeball taken from and then put back in to my head. Ouch, but personally I think it would be very, very, very painful and a little traumatizing.

I also think that it'd be sorta hard to RP ... how are you going to ask players what they are thinking? Send them a tell, OOC it maybe? I just find it hard to believe players letting Tom into their deepest darkest thoughts, plots, and ideas.

Just a few thoughts and honest questions.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 7:09 am 
Azkaban Inmate
Azkaban Inmate

So yeah... basically what you've done there is gone and made a Leglimens... Why not have just said he was a leglimens in the first place. A) it would have saved me from posting and B) You don't have to have an inadequately explained red eye that bugs the hell out of me.

Please, feel free to PM me explaining precisely how he got the eye because I'm simply -dying- to know. I mean.. was he born as a hideous freak or did Dr Frankstein have his way with young children's facial features or something?

Ravenclaw's Unofficial HP Trivia Champion.

Paul Millington - Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 12:52 pm 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

One player has already expressed a particular interest in Legilimens, and I'm putting him through a very long-term process of RP study and eventually specific challenges to earn it. I've also had Snape tell him (yes, the PC is a Slytherin) he must first master Occlumency. And there is no guarantee he will ever actually get anywhere near Snape's ability.

So, as you can infer from my post, the eye thing isn't going to get GM approval. At least not for a student, and not for now.

I would suggest you rethink the idea and modify your approach to the character, Pedro. Feel free to talk to me about it.

I'm very supportive of people's desire to play unique individuals as player characters. Just maybe not THAT unique....

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:29 am 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

oh well i give up, anyway i wont be able to play for a long time now, so i will re-think it when i start playing again.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:01 am 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

i have just updated Tom's Bio, please DM's i wait for the approval, or not of this char.

Board index » Server » Character Bios