WoHP Homepage    Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General » Out of Character

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:27 am 
Forum Second Year
Forum Second Year

Location: Oh wouldn't you like to know? Mister crazy STALKER...
When NWN2 came out, everyone was excited. Mainly because of the awesome graphics! ALTHOUGH, when we bought the game, we were highly disappointed. Every aspect of the game is changed, and if you want to go on mult. player, you actrually have to download those people's server (which only allow about 4 people) and hope it's a good server, with not alot of lag. :?

Honestly, I think, buying NWN2 was a waste of money. Haha, I've played it maybe for a good week. Got bored. Wanted to play Mult. Player, and couldn't. Sooo it's been sitting on my desk shelf, collecting dust! m'hm!

So i would highly recommend NOT to buy it, IF you are looking for something similar to NWN and to play mult. player. Otherwise, if your just looking for a single player game with good graphics, go for it.

that's just my 2 cents.
:wink:
~MShadows~

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:26 am 
Azkaban Escapee
Azkaban Escapee

MShadows wrote:
So i would highly recommend NOT to buy it, IF you are looking for something similar to NWN and to play mult. player. Otherwise, if your just looking for a single player game with good graphics, go for it.

Hmm.. I like the singleplayer aspect.. but yeah, people need to realize it's not the same game.. Sure, they have almost the same names, but even the developers are different.. In my opinion, it's worth the singleplayer, if you like singleplayer games..

And the only reason you have to download the mod of the server you wanna play on, is to get rid of the otherwise horridly long loading screens..

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:14 am 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

Insanity wrote:
MShadows wrote:

Hmm.. I like the singleplayer aspect.. but yeah, people need to realize it's not the same game.. Sure, they have almost the same names, but even the developers are different.. In my opinion, it's worth the singleplayer, if you like singleplayer games..

And the only reason you have to download the mod of the server you wanna play on, is to get rid of the otherwise horridly long loading screens..

If you give a 2 behind the name of a game it means it should have some of the good things of the pervious game, meanwhile it just turned out as a giant disapointment and an insult the the NWN name, however if they just would have named the game differently it might have turned out better.. but its been made as nwn2 and doesnt even live up close to its predecessor.. well thats what I think

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:15 pm 
Azkaban Escapee
Azkaban Escapee

Ray wrote:
If you give a 2 behind the name of a game it means it should have some of the good things of the pervious game, meanwhile it just turned out as a giant disapointment and an insult the the NWN name, however if they just would have named the game differently it might have turned out better.. but its been made as nwn2 and doesnt even live up close to its predecessor.. well thats what I think

Maybe because the predecessor is, what, 6 years older? Game graphics and animations have come along way in 6 years. And they did take alot from the original NWN.

For the most part, for example, you have mostly the same base classes. They then added a deity system, so people wouldn't have to script their own. They even added a bunch of Subraces. Both of which can be improved to suit your modules needs..

And there's a whole lotta new nice prestige classes (not that I've tried them.. I rarely use pretige classes), and with MotB you get alot of awesome spells, epic spells, feats, even more prestige classes and 2 more main classes.. Yeah, there's alot from NWN, but there's even more to it. People were just expecting too much from it. Or, maybe, they were expecting too little?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:48 pm 
Forum First Year
Forum First Year

wow...this became quite an active topic....lol i can understand the fact that noone really liked the multi-player side of it 'cause of the fact that there arnt very many good mods online....even currently...i mean i have played several and only like 2 are even decent =\ but i was just wonderin if you guys were going to or not cuz i thought it might have been pretty cool (besides that fact that only like 5 or 6 people would be able to play it because of laggnessssss)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:21 pm 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

Nikblade wrote:
Freydis_The_Valkyrie wrote:
Nikblade wrote:
All I've seen have been 5/5s and 10/10s. Wasn't it made GotY or GotM or
something?

Wonder what you've been reading...

Yes, while you base what games you play off of... Amazon users...

... I happen to actually get subscription gaming magazines. >.> You do
know that it's actual game critics who decide whether a game is GotY or
GotM, right?

Ever hear of GameInformer? No? Oh well.

*shrugs* To each their own. I'd trust actual player reviews over game critics any day, because the critics are paid, and possibly bribed, to name these games Game of the Month or Game of the Year.

But then that's just me, and of course certain people would think I'm dumb because of this. Go figure.

I, personally, don't think it's worth the money, because I'd end up having to spend close to a thousand dollars to either get my current computer, or buy a new computer, that has the specifications required for NWN2.

Not everyone's rich, like Nik.

Last edited by Freydis_The_Valkyrie on Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:24 pm 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

Calor_Galin wrote:
wow...this became quite an active topic....lol i can understand the fact that noone really liked the multi-player side of it 'cause of the fact that there arnt very many good mods online....even currently...i mean i have played several and only like 2 are even decent =\ but i was just wonderin if you guys were going to or not cuz i thought it might have been pretty cool (besides that fact that only like 5 or 6 people would be able to play it because of laggnessssss)

Eh, doubtful. Not all of us have the werewithal to buy the top-of-the-line computer that NWN2 needs to make it work without laginess in the single player aspect, let alone the multi.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:30 pm 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

<.< No need to double post.

And honestly? Most users don't know wtf they're talking about when they rate a game. >.>

Trust me, working at a video game store I get 'reviews' on each game from every end of the spectrum.

And the majority agree with the professionals, whether they've read the article or not. >.>

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:49 pm 
Forum Troll King

I bribed Felien to make that post.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:55 pm 
Forum Troll King

What would lead me to double post, you say? The fact that I'm going to
give NWN2 a 10/10 on Amazon.com so that Miriam becomes convinced
that it's good.

"But Nik, you haven't even played the game!!"

Oh well. It's Amazon, I can do whatever the hell I want, sans accuracy.
>.> First Amazon, then the world!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:39 pm 
Forum Third Year
Forum Third Year

Nikblade wrote:
...give NWN2 a 10/10 on Amazon.com so that Miriam becomes convinced that it's good...

*Cough* Amazon has a rating of "X/5", not "X/10".

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:45 pm 
Forum Troll King

Several ways you could interpret it, Adrian.

10/10 = 5/5

10/10 as in a custom rating of my own, in the comments part of it

10/10 as in I don't bother with Amazon so wouldn't know what the hell
fraction they use for their ratings anyway

Perhaps a tasty combination of all three. Take that home with you.
Chew on it. It's delicious.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:21 pm 
Forum Fifth Year
Forum Fifth Year

Single player review.
Two of my friends purchased the game. General review from them is if you want to play the game for the single player only. its decent, camera has issues but some patches have resolved some of them. that seems to be the worst of the single player review.

Multiplayer review.
Get your wisdom teeth removed instead. the multiplayer is horrible. the long and short of it is, it doesn't work. (review from the two that actually purchased the game)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:39 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

I've got the game too, though for some odd reason the last time I got an update, it screwed around with something and now it won't run properly. :roll:
(And yes, I did update my computer to the required specs and a lil beyond. I needed a comp that could actually handle games.)

I haven't tried multi-player, though the server I was on before HP was going to try to convert. The last thing I heard about the conversion was that they didn't care for the toolset and just to convert the city itself was taking up more room than the entire setting in the first NWN.

About single-player? Meh.
Don't play a druid though - unless something changed with an update, you can't choose your form (which sucks).

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:29 pm 
Azkaban Escapee
Azkaban Escapee

Callie wrote:
Don't play a druid though - unless something changed with an update, you can't choose your form (which sucks).

Sure you can. From level 5+ you get Wildshape which works the same way as in NWN, except the shapes are differen't, I think.. Wolf, Bear, Badger.. and something else. I think there's only 4 different shapes though, but then you get Dire wild Shape at 15 (same as the other, except with dire animals) and Elemental Shape around there too.. And yes, you can choose..

Board index » General » Out of Character