WoHP Homepage    Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General » Out of Character

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Uncalled For
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:26 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

I am sorry to bring this to the forums but when it happened I was mad and still am.....

Something happened when I was playing that I thought was Rude and Uncalled for. A player randomly came up and started attacking me. Unaware of any RP reason. I attacked back because I was being attacked by a flaming sword. I did though, which I regret "cussed" OOC out of anger. I got penalized for it, and I truly don't think it was it was my fault. All I can say is that I am disappointed, in myself for my lashing out, but more disappointing in how that "RP" was handle.....

If anybody has any other oppinions I would like to here, I was just too mad OOC to listen to anyone IG.....

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:50 pm 
Forum First Year
Forum First Year

It was griefing. You swore. What's worse here?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:07 pm 
Game Master
Game Master

The character attacked you for playing with your sword in the EH. Sure, his methods were blunt and unorthodox but he did it to prove a point. Chance has already had a sword confiscated before for sword play.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:15 pm 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

cussing and all shouldn't happen, but yeah, running into the entrance hall attacking someone supposedly IC with a sword to prove a points seems like something your character can get Expelled for.. <.< *speaks out of experience* anyway.. I guess the DM's opion counts so yeah

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:26 pm 
Game Master
Game Master

Also for someone who agreed with the DM that the subject was over. Also sending a tell saying that it was over. You go behind everyone's back that was involved and post this? Not cool Chance.

I could care less that you're making an attempt to publicly humiliate me. But being a hypocrite is offensive.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:44 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

D_Black wrote:
The character attacked you for playing with your sword in the EH. Sure, his methods were blunt and unorthodox but he did it to prove a point. Chance has already had a sword confiscated before for sword play.

What's your point?

I do agree with Ray, that a DM's oppnion does matter.....

D_Black wrote:
Also for someone who agreed with the DM that the subject was over. Also sending a tell saying that it was over.

When did I ever agree, I just didn't say anything, I never sent a tell to you it was over.....

D_Black wrote:
You go behind everyone's back that was involved and post this? Not cool Chance

I could care less that you're making an attempt to publicly humiliate me. But being a hypocrite is offensive.

How am I going behind your back, when it right in front of you?
'Not Cool chance?'
Were you the one who got a warning by getting 4 levels deducted? NO
Did I ever mention your name? Anywhere? Exactly I didn't so publicly humilitating you is just obsered.

And being a hyprocrite? Where do you get that from? Says someone who decided to take a "flaming weapon" into a school and beat someone for "RP". The fact that you didn't even apologize for doing wrong is just sad on your part....

P.S - I didn't spell out the word, I added stars if that makes any difference, but I know it was wrong anyways

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:26 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

Sorry Again- I know this is off topic and wrong post actually but now, i can't even login because I have 'Item level restrictions' on my character, so I am stuck till it gets fixed ( which no one will probably fix anyways..... )

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:43 pm 
Game Master
Game Master

As a note, I was about to respond IC'ly to the whole fight until you decided to take it OOC and cuss like you did, which is a big no no in my book. It is never tolerated for any reason on the server, and any instances of it can carry the penalty of level loss/banning. I simply hate it and will stomp on it very hard if I see it happening.

I really do try my best to keep things IC as much as I possibly can, but when a player forces me to go OOC, I tend to act harshly on OOC offenses. On that note, I have been really smacking down on the OOC cussing lately and I have already given harsh warnings to many players to drop it.

Just behave, I don't want to see any of this on the server.

(Btw I will tell Calan whenever he logs in to turn off ILR, so you can relog him in to remove the items)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:50 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

*is Sad, still can't get into the server.... :( *

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:25 pm 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

Chance...

I need to work with you to get your character repaired so you can log in. Log in with a trash character and get a hold of me when you can. I'll still be on for a while tonight.

And as far as this OOC situation goes... swearing is not tolerated. If you have an issue with grief play, if that's what happened *wasn't there*, then report it.

And as far as the IC situation goes... students get attacked all the time in the EH. If people want, we can make a policy that students will get insta-expelled for using a sword/knife on someone, but the policy will also include using wands on someone because they are -far- more dangerous than a sword. And honestly, that's closer to what reality would be, but I also know that everyone will get pissed when half the server suddenly gets expelled in one day.

Liss Crest, Slytherin
Kalara Crest, Hufflepuff
Elizabeth Finley, The Moon

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:46 am 
Forum First Year
Forum First Year

To be entirely honest, it makes me giggle every time someone brings up swearing as though it's some great sin that should be repented. I've witnessed some rather "graphic" roleplaying on this server, including walking in on two players engaging in cyber sex- One of the characters was, notably, about twelve years old. Not to mention hearing about another character being pregnant at thirteen.

If swearing is so bad, could we stop the child sex as well, please? Pretty please? It's gross and disturbing, not to mention it certainly doesn't belong in a server that has been called PG-content.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:48 pm 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

Just because swearing is a far more wide-spread problem doesn't mean that things like that are tolerated. I just haven't seen it. Please feel free to report it if you run into it. It doesn't mean that swearing -should- be tolerated. It bothers too many people, and the server should be a fun environment to RP in.

I can't pretend to be able to police the entire server 24/7 and I don't want to run the server like that anyway. If I get reports of inappropriate content I'll do my best to deal with them on a case-by-case basis.

I am about to reorganize and reiterate some of the policies on things like this, such as the pre-existing policy forbidding RPing pregnancy.

Now, back on topic:

After a discussion with Drado last night, the policy on swearing is as follows:

Don't swear in the talk channel. If it's IC, at a minimum *** it out, but if possible look for a different word to use. Keep in mind that some people even find ***'d out swearing offensive, and you should be respectful of them. Please refrain from OOC swearing in the talk channel. If you have OOC issues with someone, report it and I'll do what I can. I don't care (much) about party/tells, so long as you are sure it doesn't offend those in the party.

Please respect others. This is what this is about. Just because it doesn't bother you doesn't mean that it doesn't bother others.

Liss Crest, Slytherin
Kalara Crest, Hufflepuff
Elizabeth Finley, The Moon

Last edited by Calan on Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:51 pm 
Game Master
Game Master

I agree. The cybering and etc is disturbing. Considering that the school is filled with preteens and teens. IMO too much adult content is happening here in this server. Especially when it comes to age or how they go about certain ceremonies.

Just because America likes to rebel to anything such as (drinking, smoking, sex) doesn't mean the rest of the world does. Even though its disapproved of due to the content rating of the server; such adult acts shouldn't even be considered until 6th year at Hogwarts.

Also I would like to suggest that if you feel the need to RP sex more than RPing a normal life as a Hogwarts student then you may want to leave and join one of the sex RP, BDSM, cybering servers which I think are located under the 'Social' category when server browsing.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:00 pm 
Azkaban Warden
Azkaban Warden

D_Black wrote:
Just because America likes to rebel to anything such as (drinking, smoking, sex) doesn't mean the rest of the world does.

Uhh...no. Just no.

As far as everything else goes...common sense and discretion go a loooong way.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:28 pm 
Plant Talker
Plant Talker

I agree with Joki. No matter where you are, these things happen. I agree, for the first few years, sex should rarely be part of the rp. But if that's where it ends up...then that's what happens. You just gotta get into the role of the character and think to yourself..."What would Brennan do?"

And then, you shove ice cream down your bathing suit.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » General » Out of Character