WoHP Homepage    Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General » Out of Character

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Behind the Characters
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:54 pm 
Game Master
Game Master

Hey All-

So, I was inspired by the "How is your character like you" thread.

Who is that behind the character? Keep it general, we don't want any stalkers here or anything. :)

I'm a 26 year old guy from East Coast USA. I'm a NWN-er from way back, when it first came out. I'm just getting back into it now and was thrilled to find such an awesome group of people still playing.

I'm into hard rock and some fringe music. And I read about 2 solid books a week. I originally went to school for writing and still regularly write scripts. I also enjoy acting.

Alright, you're next!

Shifty are the eyes of the gambler...

Last edited by Shifty on Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:04 pm 
Azkaban Escapee
Azkaban Escapee

I'm an 18 year old stalker from Denmark. My pass times are looking at other people, following them around, or simply looking up information about people.

I've played NWN since back in 2004.. I first played on Richterm's Retreat, Nordock. But after I managed to get myself banned there, I joined HP, in summer 2004, and haven't been able to stop since.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:26 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

[randominput="Penguin, aka Seth"]
Now 19 years old, student in Boston.
Played NWN since it came out, played HP since ...I think 7th grade.
Was MIA for a few months at a time sometimes during the years, most recently 'gone' since beginning of senior year, high school.

HP was, I believe, my first RP server/experience. Used to play on various Action servers.

Into Anime, manga, various music, and now, Dofus. Still have a liking for NWN and Star Craft, despite not having played those in awhile. Also have come to dislike or at least be disappointed at NWN2, after getting the game+expansion for $20.

For those who care, I have a MAL (MyAnimeList.net) profile. *random plugin*

In terms of music, I prefer classical and J-rock/pop (this one due to my anime... hobbies), but mostly anything will do.

[/randominput]

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:35 pm 
Forum Third Year
Forum Third Year

Hi, I'm Sam and I'm a Alcoholic. *Gets whispered too* OH! Wrong place.. well yeah, I'm Sam, I'm 21 currently employed with the Government picking up dead bodies. If you need someone taken care of, I'm the guy. I've been playing NWN ever since it first came out. I started immediately on RP servers. I was inspired by the game after many years playing PnP with friends just for fun. No I'm not a stereotypical DnD Nerd, it's just something I enjoy to pass time and escape the real world. I live currently in Maryland, and for those who don't know where that is it's on the Eastern Coast of the United States. I am not Married, but I do have a lovely lady friend who I adore most dearly. I like all kinds of music, I don't have a specific Genre that I enjoy most, just as long as it catches my interest. I'm into all sorts of Hobbies, Football, Video Games, Beating up small children for lunch money; The usual. Umm, well.. yeah, that's about it.

Oh and on a final note. I've never read any of the Harry Potter Books, so sue me. :D

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:10 am 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

30 years old, married to Reebober for 9 years, have 2 boys (3 on the 29th)
I met Reebober in Jordan.
I live in Tucson, AZ.
I'm an Electrical Engineer that works on telescopes and military weapon systems
I ride a 2000 Ninja 750
I typically carry two handguns on me when I'm out of the house.
I have a "heart condition" called Neurocardiogenic Syncope.
I smoke cigars and a pipe, strictly tobacco only, and I like rum (which I actually acquired from Liss, not the other way around).
I have been programming since I was 6.
I learned to program in C by scripting in NWN
I have used NWN for simulations at work
I was building NWN modules before NWN even came out
I run another server called Romand that takes seven server computers, which was a PnP campaign that I started when I was about ten. That server used to run one weekend a month or so until I took HP, and has only run a couple times since then. :(
My major hobbies include NWN, robotics and electronics, shooting, RC aircraft, motorcycles (stunting), magic (illusion, hypnosis), music
All of my hobbies other than NWN are in recession.

Oh yeah, and Reebober read most of the HP books to me bacause I have a language processing disorder that makes it very difficult for me to read for any length of time.

Liss Crest, Slytherin
Kalara Crest, Hufflepuff
Elizabeth Finley, The Moon

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:17 am 
Azkaban Warden
Azkaban Warden

I was about to say I'm 26 years old, but I just realized I'm 27. Argh.

Anyways. From Oslo, Norway. Musician with ambitions to actually live off my work one day. I play the guitar mainly, but I can get by on a bass, piano, and I sing a bit. Basically, I live and breathe music.

My star sign is Libra. Translation = Indecisive, avoidant bastard.

Been roleplaying for as long as I can remember, really. What started out as child's play, had at the age of 10 developed into a serious free-form diceless RPG. We didn't actually know RPGs existed then. At 16, someone introduced me to PnP, which I've played ever since. At 21, I bought NWN, which was a dreadful mistake. Few games have been such a drain on my time, but it's been worth it.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:08 am 
Forum Fourth Year
Forum Fourth Year

Me? Well since you ask...

20 year old student studying geography at Royal Holloway, University of London. Started playing NwN back in Jan 2003, after having been tempted to buy it for quite a while before (but tbh, the pics on the back of the box weren't particularly good) when I got it in Singapore for £24 (bargain) and joined HPNWN in early July that year after getting SoU (I'd seen it in the server list but couldn't join it untill I got SoU)... that was back in the days when there was only the first year available and the whole layout of the school was rather different. My first character was Jon Weasley (a Gryffindor sorcerer) who won quite a few dueling tournements (possibly the first ever one, I can't remember)... then I created Eothain since no-one from Hufflepuff ever joined so I thought I'd join them. My first love has been Hufflepuff since that time. Not long afterwards I created his sister Freya who became my main character untill the server died some time back. Used to dominate the dueling tournements with healing spells (thank you, healing domain!) untill they were banned. Then I kinda stopped playing for a while and then returned as Alex May... Which I've been playing ever since, on and off.

I've played loads of decent servers over the time... Anphillia (I think that's what it was called), MERPUK (first time I ever got an epic character... level 24 bard, oh yeah!) and SFBay many have come and gone, but HPNWN has always been there in some form or another, and I love it for it.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:06 am 
Azkaban Warden
Azkaban Warden

Quote:
I've played loads of decent servers over the time... Anphillia (I think that's what it was called), MERPUK (first time I ever got an epic character... level 24 bard, oh yeah!)

High level characters are for suckers. Mary is the highest level char I've -ever- played. Counting hundreds of tabletop characters. :D

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:13 am 
Forum Fourth Year
Forum Fourth Year

Quote:
High level characters are for suckers

Well duh, that's why Alex has been level 8 for about the last two (real life) years! ;)

Plus, back in the day when we only had years one and two, you really learnt to appreciate being a low level character. Melf's acid arrow and ghostly visage were you two best friends! And there weren't any spells which killed an entire room of people instantaneously...

I sorta miss it back then, at least everyone was equal!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:12 am 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

Well I'm Pedro, got 23 years i think, hmm i'm a Civil Engineer. My passion is dancing hip hop, I am part of a hip hop dancing group, in what i'm the only man, there are like 12 girls in my group, and no I'm not gay, I'm straight actually, it seems i'm the only guy in the university with big enough balls to dance hip hop with alot of girls. I play on two servers, HP and SN, been taking a break of HP showing up from time to time, but been mostly on SN latelly.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:20 am 
Azkaban Escapee
Azkaban Escapee

I feel horribly young. :(

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:34 pm 
Game Master
Game Master

I'm just glad I dont feel horribly old!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:12 pm 
Azkaban Warden
Azkaban Warden

Quote:
I'm just glad I dont feel horribly old!

I do. I feel ancient. Something tells me that I'll feel younger when I'm 31. Being in my late 20s is horrible.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:13 pm 
Game Master
Game Master

Meh, I was pretty busy in my early 20's. It's nice to be in my late ones and be able to chill a bit.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:30 pm 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

Always enjoy where you are in life right now. You will always look back and wish that when you were in your late 20's you were actually enjoying it rather than wishing you were in your early 20's. Or when you look back at your 30's, you'll wish you were enjoying it rather than wishing you were in your late 20's. Or when you are in your 70's looking back at your 60's, you'll wish you were enjoying it rather than wishing you were 17 again.

Besides, nothing says you can't be 70 years old and play a 17 year old at Hogwarts. Even if it -is- a little creepy.

Liss Crest, Slytherin
Kalara Crest, Hufflepuff
Elizabeth Finley, The Moon

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Board index » General » Out of Character