WoHP Homepage    Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General » Out of Character

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Behind the Characters
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:05 am 
Azkaban Warden
Azkaban Warden

Feargus wrote:
It's okay, I'm 27 *chuckles*. And there's a few more of us "old people" on here. I think Calan's 62..... :-D

I'm 78 and a half.

Zimarra wrote:
Hi, you guys can call me Zim

I AM ZIIIM!

Post Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:43 am 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

I love Invader Zim :)

Post Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:47 am 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

I'm 35. >.>

<.<

So don't feel alone.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:17 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

CloakedSchemer wrote:
I live in Canada(Winnipeg, Manitoba)

Yay! Someone else from western Canada! (I'm in Edmonton)

And Calan's not actually 62.... He just feels like it sometimes from having to deal with you lot. :P

Post Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:03 pm 
Plant Talker
Plant Talker

Figured it's about time I get around to this >.>

I'm Russell. 21 year old liberal arts college student in Idaho. I'm a singer, mostly because music is the only thing that my memory doesn't filter out. I'm an Aries, though I fit the profile of a Pisces more. My interests include paranormal activities, and gaming. I've been roleplaying since I was...probably around 7. I love fighting, and I'm pretty damn good at it, I just don't get much chance to do it. I give really, really cheap tarot readings. I also have antisocial tendencies, and often prefer to be by myself and think rather than talk to people.

[Edited for content. -RT]

Post Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:11 am 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

Heya all. Really glad to have finally made it to the forums. :) So, to introduce myself... My name is Melissa, 25 years old. I currently live in Edmonton, Alberta where I work for a Game Development company, you may've all heard of them. Just maybe though... ;) Currently working on a game...something about Dragons, or something. I recently re-installed NWN after getting a new PC, and found you all here.

Other than video games, reading, and writing...I adore metal music. \m/-.-\m/

So I also wanted to add that I've had such an awesome time so far and have had the pleasure of interacting with some really talented and creative people. Thank you all! :)

JBMT wrote:
And am I the only one who fears the whole monkey-tiger thing will end badly?
It's like Ravenclaws dating Slytherins.

"If you don't like me, remember that it's mind over matter. I don't mind, and you don't matter."
-Dr. Suess

Post Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:05 am 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

*pounce!*

We have to go for coffee sometime!

Edit - Err.... sometime when I'm not seeming like some crazy stalker chick, I mean. :D :oops:

Post Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:06 am 
Forum Fourth Year
Forum Fourth Year

Sagira wrote:
Edit - Err.... sometime when I'm not seeming like some crazy stalker chick, I mean. :D :oops:

But it's amusing. :P

Post Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:40 am 
Forum Third Year
Forum Third Year

I suppose I could finally do this... <_<

Well, hello, I am a 21 year old male from boring old Missouri, USA. I am just recently a college grad from Missouri State University and I plan on going on to law school. (I noticed several of you have the same ambition, woot!) Um, what else... I will have been married for exactly 1 year on the 28th of this month, which is awesome! Unlike most of you, I have never done any of that nerdy tabletop RP stuff. Lol. :roll: I have been RP'ing on forums for 5 years or so.

My brother actually got me into NWN, he bought it and got me to try it many years ago. I actually didn't think all that much of the game, but when he moved away and I somehow got to keep his copy of the game, I still messed around on it some. I found my way onto the HP server back when it was still run by JBMT, and it died shortly after I joined. I was extremely excited about a year later when I found it up and running with Calan at the helm, and I have been an off and on addict ever since then.

Lets see... A little more about me, I read pretty much all of the time. Most of the books on my bookshelf are falling apart because I have read them so many times. If you ever see my character in-server just sitting around, I am probably RL reading a book, waiting for something to happen. :lol: I also, (obviously) enjoy gaming, although you people are lucky to have me here because MMOs and really even RPGs are not really my thing. I enjoy movies, I do some web programming in my spare time, I am the Head Server at an awesome Italian restaurant, and I am a sucker for Love. No really. :mrgreen:

I suppose the last (or first) thing about me is my faith. I am not a very religious person at all, but I am a pretty avid follower of Jesus. I grew up in a *very* Christian home, where I was a sheltered homeschooler up until I went to college. You will probably notice that I tend to automatically put most of my personal values into my characters, if not necessarily my beliefs.

I should probably stop now. Apparently I can talk about myself for long periods of time. 8O

Post Posted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:55 am 
Azkaban Inmate
Azkaban Inmate

Woohoo for the young'uns! Or however you spell it. :P

I am CHELSEA! :D
Banana Pancakes are one of the most delicious things I have evr tasted, and for those I have to give thanks to Jack Johnson. <3

I LOVE making friends, though a lot of people intimidate me.
Born and raised in the big city of Dublin! :D

I dye my hair every couple of weeks.
I can't remember what the natural colour is because I dye my eyebrows too.

I do not have a mic! >_< And I need one!
I've played NWN for YEARS, like '05, but not until recently have I actually gone into the RP side of things.

My type of music is the acoustic stuff. Play me some Jason Mraz/Jack Johnson and you'll have basically won my heart.

My favourite colour is yellow, you should see my room. I think I practically live inside Tweety's head. :P

Family is very important to me, unless they crash my car in a ditch!!! >_<

I love me some onion rings.

Oh, and I'm not funny. I try very hard to be funny, but for some reason my level of humour is just plain old not funny. xD

Erm, this may get editted later in case I forgot anything. <_<

Πάνω απ 'όλα, φύλακας καρδιά σου, επειδή είναι η ανεξάντλητη πηγή της ζωής. Παροιμίες 4:23

Post Posted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:21 am 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

I've been afraid of this thread for a while; I guess I'll just get it over with.

I played Peter Willow first, before I decided he was a loser and needed to die, but Calan wouldn't let me kill him. I threw him in the crazyhouse instead. I now play Patrick Quigley and Reuben Pumpkin.

I am a fourteen-year-old Freshman male in a small town a few miles from Rochester, Minnesota. I don't exactly remember how long I've been on WoHP or NWN, but it's been a while. I've been doing tabletop DnD for less than a year, but I've been doing DnD related stuff for years, and Roleplayed for longer.

When I first came in contact with NWN, I thought it was the greatest thing ever, but stayed off the Multiplayer portion, thinking it was just like the Baldur's Gate Multiplayer, where nobody was really on, and it was exactly the same as the OC.

I eventually found out about Multiplayer NWN, finding WoHP eventually, but I was afraid it was a closed server between friends and was too scared to go on. After reading the description to the mod several times, I finally got the courage to go on, and was impressed and afraid at the same time, but nobody yelled at me for being on it.

After a while, I learned that it had forums, too. It took me a while and a forum mod to actually get on, though I was hesitant to post on it. Instead of people like Tsu, who seriously seemed to leap into it, it took a long time for me to actually trust you people to post on threads without being afraid of being flamed to death.

I still don't tell people I'm on WoHP, because I'm honestly afraid of what people would do if they knew about it. I'm not putting my name down, because I'm afraid of the WoHP denizens of knowing who I am, not that someone will track me with it. Still, I do WoHP sometimes, though I always minimize the chat boxes before anyone can realize what the dialogue is when they pass. I access the forums on a laptop for the sole reason that I can hide behind its screen in a corner, rather than on a big computer in the middle of everything.

My bookmarks on the top of the screen are, in order: Facebook, Harry Potter Neverwinter Nights, and the Order of the Stick comic list (which I learned about through WoHP [thanks guys]).

I don't have very many friends, on the server or in real life, probably because I'm afraid of how people would react if I tried to talk to them. I feel like people think I'm being overenthusiastic when I talk to people, so I usually just don't, until I feel safe with the person, and I've known them long enough, that I feel safe to talk to them.

Yeah. I'm not a terribly interesting person.

Patrick Quigley, Seventh Year
Hufflepuff.
Reuben Pumpkin, First Year Gryffindor.

I wrote:
I'm always the stupid loser who should just leave the mod and die.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:21 am 
Azkaban Warden
Azkaban Warden

Peter Willow wrote:
After a while, I learned that it had forums, too. It took me a while and a forum mod to actually get on, though I was hesitant to post on it. Instead of people like Tsu, who seriously seemed to leap into it

Live fast, get banned even faster. I'm surprised I'm still here; my forum style is a bit more rough-and-tumble than this place. :D

Post Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:27 am 
Forum Fourth Year
Forum Fourth Year

My name is Braiden, and I am a 19 year old law student from Australia. When I'm not pulling the strings of my Maxwell Stone marionette, I'm probably just waiting for people to come online due to my God-awful time zone. I started playing here at about the same time as Seril, I think, whenever that may have been (edit: forums say it was over two years ago--bloody hell!). Haven't been able to play with anything resembling regularity for quite some time, though, and I'm glad to be back.

Although I'm studying law, I considered making a career out of my acting and singing not so long ago. While my performance style ranges from ballads to light opera (baritone), I enjoy most types of music. With any luck, I'll eventually become a barrister or a stage performer; perhaps both, if I'm mad enough.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:57 am 
Azkaban Warden
Azkaban Warden

--Phantom-- wrote:
I started playing here at about the same time as Seril, I think, whenever that may have been (edit: forums say it was over two years ago--bloody hell!).

Haha, yep, I started early June of 2007! *High fives*

Post Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:32 am 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

Wow ok since i been away for soo long and lots of folks don't know me let me say then.

My name is Pedro, i come from Portugal in Europe, I have 24 years old, and i'm a civil Engineer. My hobbies are NWN, and dance hip hop, I'm part of a hip hop dancing group we did a few shows already, in where i'm the only guy, and yes sometimes its scary O.o At least i can gather some valuable information in a environment like this ;)
I'm actually single too, have recently got out of a nasty relationship. And hope to get to know most of you folks, and have great rp, cheers.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » General » Out of Character