WoHP Homepage    Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General » Out of Character

Post subject: Re: Wizarding World of Harry Potter Map
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:37 pm 
Forum Third Year
Forum Third Year

Yeah, I was at Island of Adventure this summer when they first started building Hogwarts Castle and stuff... and I have to say, I had my doubts, but now that I've seen some updates--it's pretty freakin' awesome. :D

Post Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:12 am 
Azkaban Warden
Azkaban Warden

_Raferty_ wrote:
Yeah, I was at Island of Adventure this summer when they first started building Hogwarts Castle and stuff... and I have to say, I had my doubts, but now that I've seen some updates--it's pretty freakin' awesome. :D

I live like 30 minutes away from IoA! Let me know next time!

Post Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:53 pm 
Forum Third Year
Forum Third Year

For sure, dude!

Post Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:36 pm 
Azkaban Escapee
Azkaban Escapee

OMGosh... just tossin' more out for us to drool over! CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!

http://www.hulu.com/watch/154415/the-ma ... rry-potter

"I sense a costume opportunity!"

Post Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:33 am 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

Okay, Just spent all day yesterday at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando. A couple of tips:

Get there early! Park opens at 9 am, if you get there much later than that, you might have to wait to get in. They were handing out passes to get into Hogsmeade (The Wizarding World), telling you what time to come back later.

Lines, lines, lines...

The line for Olivanders was over two hours long. In the sun. In the heat. In the steam-room that is Orlando. BRING OR BUY A MISTING FAN. They sell these as you enter Islands of Adventure (the Universal Studios park that has The Wizarding World in it). They do not sell these inside TWW.

What to do first? Olivanders, if you have your heart set on a wand, or the interactive experience that goes along with purchasing one. I was talking with a girl while I was in line for The Three Broomsticks (lines, lines, lines, there are lines to get in every store), and she told me that she was there for opening day (she showed me pictures on her digital camera that she took of the actors who played the Weasley twins and Ron,as well as Daniel Radcliffe all riding the Hippogriff). Anyway, she told me that they would let about 20 people into Olivanders and pick ONE of them at random to have the interactive experience. I'm sure they change that depending on business and store capacity, etc. Another reason to do Olivanders first is that they DO run out of wands. I thought this was a bit like Disney running out of Ears, but at any rate, by the end of the day yesterday,they only had two remaining models of character wands, Voldemort and Draco Malfoy. What they DID have that was very cool, was a selection of wands based off of the Celtic calender. You tell them your birthday, and they give you the wand that is "for you." I loved this. However, they do run out of some of these wands, as well, so again,if you have your heart set on a wand, definitely get there early (to avoid lines) and hit Olivander's first.

Okay, I'm checking out of my hotel and heading to visit some family, but I'll try to log on tonight to the forums and answer any questions about TWW and post another tip or two. Cheers!

(Jennie-Bear plays Samantha Hathaway, seventh-year Hufflepuff)

Post Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:42 am 
Forum Third Year
Forum Third Year

Quote:
definitely get there early (to avoid lines)

TEE HEE HEE

Your tardy for Umbridge's class so you have to do lines

(Rome Ledak)

Kevin Kadel 5th Year Hufflepuff
Jula Lanner 5th year Ravenclaw
Ben Lanner 3rd year Gryffindor
Leiden Von Schmerz 1st year Slytherin
Robert E. Robison 1st year Hufflepuff
Eve Petrova 1st Year Hufflepuff

Post Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:31 pm 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

RT wrote:
Double post ftw! From the official website:

Quote:
Specifically, the area will include the following: Hogsmeade station/Hogwarts Express, the Owlrey, the Owl Post, Ollivanders, Dervish and Banges, Zonko's, Honeydukes, Three Broomsticks, HOGS HEAD, Filch's Emporium of Confiscated Goods, Dragon Challenge, Flight of the Hippogriff and Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey.

Zonko's and Honeydukes are combined, so although there are two different lines to get in, once you're in, you can go from one to the other. Same with Dervish and Banges, it's connected to Olivanders. And once you're off of The Forbidden Journey, you exit through Filch's Emporium of confiscated items.

Anyway, hope everyone who is going has a wonderful time!

Post Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:26 pm 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

Okay, just asking myself what I wish I'd known before I went, and thought a couple of other things.

As I entered Islands of Adventure, there were Universal Studios employees with megaphones telling people to "go to the left!" to get to Harry Potter World. So I did. And proceeded to go allllll the way around IoA. Eventually getting a map to the place, I realized it was much closer to go to the right. I have no idea why they were sending people all the way around. If I went back, I'd just go right, through Dr. Seuss land, and ignore the megaphone people lol.

The tables at The Three Broomsticks are reserved for customers with food, drinks don't count. So if you're going to buy some Butterbeer (or a yummy Pumpkin Fizz), make sure you get a bite of something (their fish and chips are good!) or they'll make you sit outside. :-( And there's no sign telling you this rule, so I ended up getting back in line and buying a chocolate trifle just so they wouldn't kick me back outside into the sauna lol!

So my Top Tips:
Buy one of those blue misty-fans as you enter Islands of Adventure, they make a nice souvenir and will totally be worth their weight in gold throughout the day. I'd probably even pack extra batteries.

Visit Ollivander's first if you want to make sure they still have plenty of wands.

Get a butterbeer (frozen).
Go on The Forbidden Journey.
Go on it again.
Get a Pumpkin Fizz.
Go on The Forbidden Journey a couple more times.
I figure a ratio of about two frozen butterbeers to one Pumpkin Fizz should keep you hydrated if you ingest them steadily throughout the day. (That was my excuse for drinking so many of them!)
You'll probably have time to check out another attraction or two at another area of the park, but make sure you get back to ride The Forbidden Journey again at night! It's nice to see how they light things up, and it's a great way to end the day.
Hogwarts' choir is worth listening to, but I missed the Triwizard spirit rally! Someone let me know how it is!

Have a blast! :-)

Board index » General » Out of Character