WoHP Homepage    Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General » Out of Character

Post subject: Topics of Conversation
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:36 am 
Azkaban Escapee
Azkaban Escapee

I'm sure everyone has at least once been sitting in the Entrance Hall with someone they don't know very well in total silence, RPing reading a book or something.

I'm awful at small talk (in RL as well) and I've spent ages sitting there racking my brains for something to break the ice with.

What do people tend to do in that situation? Just sit there and wait for someone you know to log on? The silence always feels awkward to me but I might be the only one feeling that. XD

Does anyone have any ideas on what to say to start up a conversation or keep one going when you run out of things to say? Good topics of conversation? Useful things to talk about?

Even with people my char knows I sometimes run out of stuff to talk about and end up feeling boring. DX

Even if your char is shy they must have a few things to talk about. XD What do you do to break the ice?

Post subject: Re: Topics of Conversation
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:56 am 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

It's Hogwarts, there's always something you could talk about. Even if it's something simple like classes, it could make new friends. Sometimes I'm a little guilty of just sitting there lately, out of tired/laziness, but I should really work on that and stop!

Ana Celine - Took her revenge and vanished into the night.
Space Dog - Some say it still roams the halls of Hogwarts in search of petting.

Post subject: Re: Topics of Conversation
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:14 am 
Forum Second Year
Forum Second Year

Yeah I often try to break the ice, especially with 1st-2nd years (who are often times new players) by asking them if they're lost or need help with something at school, and it kinda snowballs from there. I just got back from vacation. If I see you in game Ill strike up a chat :)

Board index » General » Out of Character