WoHP Homepage    Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General » Out of Character

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Something needing to be said.
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:24 pm 
Azkaban Inmate
Azkaban Inmate

I have something to say, that honestly should have been said over a year ago. From the first day that I joined the server I have been putting up a false image of who I am. Not in the sense that I'm pretending to be something that I'm not. But in the way that I was pretending to be a whole nother person. I'm very sorry it was dragged out this far and I completely understand if I get hostility, or what have you. I couldn't step up and do this myself, it had to be done for me. But honestly, I'm almost glad and relieved that it was. As most of you know, I was saying that I was Chelsea Dickinson. When in reality, I'm not her. She is a close friend of mine. My name is Nich, or Nick. I take full responsibility for my own actions. It was my decision and my fault that it happened. It really shouldn't have, but that goes without saying.

I know that the trust that I've built up with you all as a community, and you all as people, is completely destroyed. However, if given the opportunity, I would like to wholeheartedly work to rebuild and salvage as much of that as I possibly can. I'm not going to give my reasons for why it happened, and why I did it, on the public forums. But I would be more than happy to explain to several of you whom I've made close friends with. The person you know is still the same, and yet completely different. I never faked any part of my personality. But I did put on a visage, if you will, of my physical identity.

This is both an apology and a confession. I am not Chelsea Dickinson. And for lying to you all, I'm truly sorry. It won't ever be enough to simply apologise, but it's a start. And if you'll all let me, I would love nothing more than to work towards fixing my errors. If not, then I understand completely. 18 months, or more, is a very long time to be lied to.

Lastly, my forum name is being changed from Kel-C to Banana Pancakes, for obvious reasons. I welcome any comments or questions and ask in return for the chance to salvage as much as I can.

Πάνω απ 'όλα, φύλακας καρδιά σου, επειδή είναι η ανεξάντλητη πηγή της ζωής. Παροιμίες 4:23

Post subject: Re: Something needing to be said.
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:01 pm 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

Hey, I think you're wonderful. You've been kind, and helpful. So pretty sure I've known the real you all along. :-)

(Jennie-Bear plays Samantha Hathaway, seventh-year Hufflepuff)

Post Posted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:24 am 
Azkaban Warden
Azkaban Warden

Haha, this reminds me of that delicious and sweet thread Greg put up.

"I gave a false name! I'm terrible!" "I'm not actually the profession I said I was! Can you ever forgive me?"

Stay as sweet and wonderfully naïve, WoHP. :)

Translation: We cool, G. We don't love your name, we love your personality.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:39 am 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

No one is under any obligation to give any information about their "real" lives. Period.

(Jennie-Bear plays Samantha Hathaway, seventh-year Hufflepuff)

Post Posted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:07 pm 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

The soul and mind are the true marks of character, the physical shell is temporal and meaningless, to dwell upon such temporary things is to be dragged down into existence and misconceptions, the curse and bane of humanity.

The internet is the realm of the cerebral and spirit. Anyway, saying that, my feelings on this subject are few and far between. We're not close, so I can't say this deeply effects me. As far as I see it, you are still the same cerebral being as before.

- ASoL

"Up yours Hogwarts, Scotty the man!" - ASoL to RT on Porting

Post Posted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:51 pm 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

Many people, including but not limited to Nich himself, have been deeply injured involving this issue. I have had multiple requests to lock this thread, and am doing so now out of respect for those who are closely involved in this.

Thank you Nich for the original post, and to those who have been supportive.

Liss Crest, Slytherin
Kalara Crest, Hufflepuff
Elizabeth Finley, The Moon

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 

Board index » General » Out of Character