WoHP Homepage    Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General » Out of Character

Post subject: To Justan!!
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:36 am 
Forum Fourth Year
Forum Fourth Year

I figured we could all say here what we can't say IC...

Justan was a substantial part of Saroph's growth as a character. But he was more than someone to hate. He had a fully three-dimensional quality about him, and I thank his player, Paycheckplaya, for bringing Justan to life the way he chose to. I'm sincerely glad for the RP I was fortunate enough to recieve, and it's a sad day that Justan had to leave us forever. Good luck behind the black veil.

To Justan.

Everything that you wanted I have done. You asked that the child be taken, I took him. You cowered before me, I was frightening. I have reordered time. I have turned the world upside down, and I have done it all for you! I am exhausted from living up to your expectations of me. Isn't that generous?

-Jareth, Labyrinth

-------------------------------

Saroph Wildanter- 6th Year Gryffindor
Vincent Dawn- 2nd Year Slytherin
Robert Strider- 1st Year Huffterpufft

Post subject: Re: To Justan!!
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:30 am 
Game Master
Game Master

It's been a long and rather bumpy road to where we are today. I've enjoyed working with PCP (as JB and I like to call him ;)) quite a bit. He's an excellent player, and a joy to play with. Justan was a great character, and it is a shame that things led him to where they did. I am, however, glad that he got his opportunity to be a hero, and to be called such by his peers. I think that would have made all the difference for Justan.

Shifty are the eyes of the gambler...

Post Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:54 am 
Forum Second Year
Forum Second Year

There will be an IC post to follow, but since Saroph so graciously stole my thunder in starting an OOC thread on this, I'll just post some ramblings here ;) (*hugs*, love ya man)

I've loved rping Justan. I really did feel connected to him and "inside his head". He had some very deep, complicated relationships with many of the other characters here, and, difficult as they may have been at times the rp was always rewarding.

It was my hope that his death would add depth and some sense of a "human element" to the dangers from an event that was a very long time in the making; I hope all that participated got something out of it with their characters. I personally felt very moved by both IC and OOC responses I had received from players last night, and thank you all for that.

I'm going to miss Justan's interactions with you guys and gals; it's this mixed feeling of sadness over what I've lost and curiosity as to what comes next as I start fresh with someone else. It will likely take some time for me to move on and really get inside a new character, but as I did with Justan, I'll just see what naturally develops from here.

-PCP

Post Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:54 pm 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

Can't say I knew Justan Blake the PC very well. However, I do recognize the sacrifice you've made.
All in all, Thanks for playing!

"Up yours Hogwarts, Scotty the man!" - ASoL to RT on Porting

Last edited by A_Shadow_of_Life on Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:57 pm 
Azkaban Inmate
Azkaban Inmate

"No one likes a girl crying in the closet."

Thank you.

Πάνω απ 'όλα, φύλακας καρδιά σου, επειδή είναι η ανεξάντλητη πηγή της ζωής. Παροιμίες 4:23

Post Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:13 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

I did wish Matt had more RP with him, but what I did have was just awesome. It was sad to see that happen to him last night, and if I wasn't sleep deprived, I probably would have started crying myself! I do hope this isn't the last of you on the server.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:09 pm 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

Justan and Liss have always had a rocky relationship. Powerful moments of respect, powerful moments of loathing. It is amazing that even seems to drag on into the afterlife- it was something that I wasn't expecting, but it speaks volumes about how real the effects of their interactions were. The flood of overwhelming emotions that hit Liss once it finally sunk in last night, everything from mourning to detest, from regret to anger, from respect to disappointment, all directed straight at Justan- there was actually a moment that I teared up and "cried" (as much as I do, anyway) with Liss for Justan.

Liss Crest, Slytherin
Kalara Crest, Hufflepuff
Elizabeth Finley, The Moon

Post Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:35 am 
Azkaban Inmate
Azkaban Inmate

When Tom stood there, in front of Justan's picture in the hall, I caught him thinking of how he hadn't known him as well as he might have liked. They only had casual interactions for the most part, and he remembered them fondly. But there was a deeper level of trust as well, a form of "brothers in arms" situation during the whole ordeal...and he remembers the discussion in the dungeons very well. He did the right thing...something most could only aspire to.

So thank you, PCP, for the level of realism that you've allowed to coat the event, which was already outstanding. The roleplay with the professors and fellow students after the LAM was mopped up was both very saddening and real. Thank you for that. The "human element" was very much present then as well, thanks to Justan's heroic sacrifice.

Looking forward to what your creativity will spawn next!

~Bedankt, Skull

Board index » General » Out of Character