WoHP Homepage    Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General » Out of Character

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: I Dream of Harry Potter
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:45 am 
Game Master
Game Master

Heh. I'm not sure if I could manage something of that magnitude. Right not I'm perfectly comfortable putting my creativity into RP, creative writing, art, plots and adventures. :)

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:26 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

Ok so I had two weird dreams of HP back to back! I swear NONE of this was made up....I totally dreamed ALL of this, which kinda scares me....

First it was sort of an awkward one, I cant remember how it started but I remember that the setting was Xander's Castle or something but it looked like it was made of legos...it was all black and red ((i dunno why Red since hes a snakey Slytherin but!)) and it looked very Gothic. It was a towering castle, composed of turrets and stain glass over every window, each with the image of a snake on them. The chamber where Xander was in seemed like it was a throne room, large with pillars encased in ivy lining the length of the hall. Red carpet traveled from doorway to the seat which Xander was sitting in. His "Throne" was a high backed chair of black and red with spikes jutting out of the top of it and its arms had snake heads on the end. Mai was on his right side, sitting on the floor, playing with a yellow snake wrapped around her arm. Several different characters from the server were there, although I dont know why some of them were there cause they dont get along with Xander, like Liss, Feargus, Rowan, and Lisa. And at first it was from the view of me and my computer and being Mai....then it was first person as Mai....then it was first person but we were ourselves, physically, but our characters mentally....it was crazy....

I woke up and went back to sleep and....

Then I was in my old house from when I was like in elementary up to 6th grade. We were watching TV and flipping through the sports channels and all of a sudden I'm flipping out cause I see theres a Quidditch channel and I'm begging to watch it and hoping that my Kenmare Kestrels were gonna win! then I was suddenly -AT- the game and soon after the Kestrels won ((against a team I cant remember)) we started playing as Hogwarts houses. I was of course a Hufflepuff. I dont remember playing much but then I do remember that after, it was like the houses were clubs and we were performing something and I was nervous and next and somehow I was Mai again. so I ran, started flying on my own down some hills and in the end I was brought back by Liss and Lisa and Mai ended up being the best performance ^.^....then before I could figure out what they were gonna give Mai for performing I woke up!

Crazy huh? Imma start keeping a dream diary and writing out all the dreams I can remember! Especially ones about HP and the Server!

Post Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:15 am 
Game Master
Game Master

Haha, maybe my forum avatar inspired that dream about Xander? Though why all those other people were in it is beyond me. ...and legos? Have you been playing Lego HP lately or something? :P

Post Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:57 pm 
Game Master
Game Master

Nikblade wrote:
Insanity wrote:
I've had a fair share, but I don't remember most. I had one once where I/my character (I'm not sure which. Might've been some hybrid) was sitting in the EH with another player, though not a character. It was very much like the server, 'cause nothing really happened until Priggo came. I think he danced too.

I worry about you guys.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:32 pm 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

I had a dream last night that I was chatting with some people from the server. I don't remember what we were talking about, though. The only thing I remember is that whatever steven walker was saying was incorrect. :P Sorry, man...I can't control what I dream!

Sam McKinnon - 6th Year Ravenclaw

Jabari Nwosu * Joshua Tannerman * Lenora Hollings * Lillian Stewart * Maria Bonoa

Post Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:28 pm 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

So just a warning I have very realistic dreams to where I seriously feel like I am there

I had a dream that I was Steven chilling out in the Entrance Hall but like it was Legit (Non-PC Students and everything) and snape comes up from the dungeons and starts talking to me about some class stuff and was congratulating me on "Being the only competant Gryffindor in his class" and then he walks away and someone cast the charm that removes their clothes on him so I was staring at Snape Butt Naked and I look at Lance, Greg, Rowan, and Drogo and all of us have the same "Oh S*** someone is going to die look." Snape found the student and the kid ended up expelled. And then I seriously went through the rest of an IG day ,Actually went to classes, helped Pomfrey in the Wing, practiced Quidditch (Which was awesome) and then went to bed and when I fell asleep I woke up irl.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:25 am 
Azkaban Escapee
Azkaban Escapee

Damn, wish I had dreams like that.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:29 am 
Azkaban Inmate
Azkaban Inmate

Lucid dreaming much? Awesomesauce of +10 tastyness! :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:51 pm 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

I had this one dream where me/Wesley, Harry, Ron, Hermione and alot of others were getting ready for a battle against Voldemort and we all flew on our brooms to the scene, though when flyin it felt so real it was really fun, and the last i remember is I was helping out Harry with Voldemort to make sure nothing happens to him and all I know is i shout Harry's name and turn facing Voldemort, then he hits me with the killin curse and i wake up, it was awesome, i seen all the movies so many times its hard not too dream about them

Mitchel Mercury - First year Slytherin
Jericho Vice - First year Hufflepuff
Channing McIntosh - First year Hufflepuff
Whitlock Tsunami - First year Slytherin

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:34 am 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

Had a bizarre dream last night. The first thing I remember is being Karen in the great hall, when somebody was going to perform a stand up comedy act. I don't remember the student, but I know they were from Slytherin, and it involved making fun of all the other student's accents. Then, we all decided to take a trip to Durmstrang! So we got there, and we did some stuff, then we decided we were bored and wanted to go explore. So a group of four of us went down to this cave - I want to say it was me, Liss, Steven Walker, and some younger year girl that I'm not sure about(might have been Kell, or...yeah, not sure), but it got all switched up later. We go into the cave, and are attacked by these weird bat things with faces. Then we realize that they're the faces of anyone(player character or npc) who's ever died during a plot on the server. We can't fight them off, so we go to run away, but one of them chases us(he was humanoid, not batty, and looked like a cross between Jafar and the human with dog form of Prisoner Zero from the last season of Doctor Who), and starts casting spells. So we split up, me running with Steven and Liss running with the other girl. We eventually meet up back at Durmstrang, but the other girl is missing. Liss swore that she just ran ahead, and that she didn't toss her to the ghost thing so that the rest of us could get away...right. :|

So then, in a weird continuity shift, I was on a bus going to Durmstrang. I was in a 4-wide backseat with Steven, Matt, and a fourth person who kept changing between Mai and either Liss or Angel, but I don't remember who. We were discussing that guy that chased us, and deciding who was going to room with who to stay safe. Matt and Mai decided to room together(>_> lol), and I was going to room with either Liss or Angel(whichever one was on the bus, the other wasn't going to come to Durmstrang at all), but we were having a hard time figuring out who Steven was going to room with. Then I accidentally offended him by reminding him of something horrible that happened(and, in a bizarre Firefly crossover, apologized that I'd forgotten it was Unification Day o_O). Then we'd arrived at Durmstrang, and we got out, and the dream sort of dissolved from there.

There was also a scene that I don't remember where it fit in, that involved me asking Liss about (a different, I think) ghost that was bothering me, and her telling me it was Professor Blott. 8O

EDIT: Blott. Not Briggs. I knew who I meant...

Sam McKinnon - 6th Year Ravenclaw

Jabari Nwosu * Joshua Tannerman * Lenora Hollings * Lillian Stewart * Maria Bonoa

Last edited by Yendys on Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:40 pm 
Azkaban Escapee
Azkaban Escapee

I had a dream that someone was trying to replace me by transfiguring his face and stuff to look like me.
I took out my wand very pissed off, "Finite Incantatum!" and then, "Bracia immendo!" but I used this spell on hios legs and his bones poofed, and as if that was not enough, I used "Petrificus Totalus" and " incendio" to burn his hair off.... and then kicked him in the face.
And woke up. 8O

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:30 am 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

Yendys wrote:
Had a bizarre dream last night. The first thing I remember is being Karen in the great hall, when somebody was going to perform a stand up comedy act. I don't remember the student, but I know they were from Slytherin, and it involved making fun of all the other student's accents. Then, we all decided to take a trip to Durmstrang! So we got there, and we did some stuff, then we decided we were bored and wanted to go explore. So a group of four of us went down to this cave - I want to say it was me, Liss, Steven Walker, and some younger year girl that I'm not sure about(might have been Kell, or...yeah, not sure), but it got all switched up later. We go into the cave, and are attacked by these weird bat things with faces. Then we realize that they're the faces of anyone(player character or npc) who's ever died during a plot on the server. We can't fight them off, so we go to run away, but one of them chases us(he was humanoid, not batty, and looked like a cross between Jafar and the human with dog form of Prisoner Zero from the last season of Doctor Who), and starts casting spells. So we split up, me running with Steven and Liss running with the other girl. We eventually meet up back at Durmstrang, but the other girl is missing. Liss swore that she just ran ahead, and that she didn't toss her to the ghost thing so that the rest of us could get away...right. :|

So then, in a weird continuity shift, I was on a bus going to Durmstrang. I was in a 4-wide backseat with Steven, Matt, and a fourth person who kept changing between Mai and either Liss or Angel, but I don't remember who. We were discussing that guy that chased us, and deciding who was going to room with who to stay safe. Matt and Mai decided to room together(>_> lol), and I was going to room with either Liss or Angel(whichever one was on the bus, the other wasn't going to come to Durmstrang at all), but we were having a hard time figuring out who Steven was going to room with. Then I accidentally offended him by reminding him of something horrible that happened(and, in a bizarre Firefly crossover, apologized that I'd forgotten it was Unification Day o_O). Then we'd arrived at Durmstrang, and we got out, and the dream sort of dissolved from there.

There was also a scene that I don't remember where it fit in, that involved me asking Liss about (a different, I think) ghost that was bothering me, and her telling me it was Professor Blott. 8O

EDIT: Blott. Not Briggs. I knew who I meant...
Aww my character was dreamed about <3 and he doesn't seem different as if someone else RP'ed him either! Oh, I still occasionally have dreams about the LAM event as if it was actually in a movie. But one that wasn't soiled by Harry Potter :P

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:41 pm 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

I had this other dream of HP where I walked into this room and i saw this magical area for practicing spells and it was as if I was chosen to do a quest (not chosen like in the half-blood prince way tho), and I had to learn to defend myself and I didn't know I had a wand till I reached into my pocket and pulled it out, then I casted at everything, it was awesome, then when I was done, I was slowly backing away and woke up

Mitchel Mercury - First year Slytherin
Jericho Vice - First year Hufflepuff
Channing McIntosh - First year Hufflepuff
Whitlock Tsunami - First year Slytherin

Post Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:26 am 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

So it's vague, but I did dream of the server.

It was realistic, not like NWN. Characters looked like people and not avatars. I was Liss, but there was still the IC/OOC disconnect, it was still RP, and I as myself was sort of possessing, sort of like what happens on the DM client when an NPC is possessed. I remember several OOC conversations happened throughout the dream, through the realistic-looking characters. It was always just done in hushed tones, and the character seemed to just be the player instead. I wouldn't say there was anything sudden about it, it just was- almost as like the character stopped being seen and the player was seen, rather than some sort of transformation.

So "ICly," unfortunately, I don't remember a whole lot. There were a lot of students on some sort of trip to a futuristic place of some sort. There was a lot that happened before that I don't remember, but I do remember some sort of music device that would magically direct music in a specific direction. It was used as a "weapon" of sorts to break a curse on the masses of students, as when they heard the music at ear-crushing volume it would break the curse. It was swept across the crowd and the curse was broken! I remember as they were escaping from the large room they were in, it was pointed at the ceiling so it would echo and everyone could hear it, even though it wasn't as loud that way.

In the end there was a space ship type thing that Liss seemed to remember from before, as a trap. She briefly freaked out about it and wanted to save all the students from the trap, but (and I don't remember how) she was reassured that it was different this time, and it was just their way back to Hogwarts. At about that point, several students got into the ship, followed by Priggo, who closed the door and locked everyone else out. Liss decided that she was going to find him and punch him in the face, once she found a way in. There was a side door and Liss got in and opened the door for everyone else, and then went Priggo-hunting but he seemed to be lost in the crowd.

I remember just then a new player "logged in." Ree was in a character near by and I remember discussing OOC with her about how odd it's going to be for a new player to go to Hogwarts on a space ship instead of the train, and just to explain to him that this is a DM event and not usual, and hope it goes well. The character was just outside the ship, with his parents there with him urging him on board. There were a few other students still chatting outside the ship... but it was too late for them and the newb... the door shut and the ship took off.

I think I woke up briefly at that point, but I sort of picked up again on the theme. Liss was outside the castle, there were picnic tables set up with benches and several students were relaxing in the area. Liss entered the area, I remember she was in conversation with no one at all.. but I -think- it was actually a transition from another dream (something about a cabin in the snow at night, Ree, Ree's sister, a deer that hated me and liked Ree's sister, and taking photos of someone dressed like a dementor with my cell phone), and the conversation no longer made sense... she lay down on a bench and kept talking, and I OOC went to another player and he asked me who Liss was talking to, and I explained it by saying she was talking on a bluetooth headset. It wasn't a lie... it was more that my mind just didn't have a better explanation for why she would be holding a conversation with no one. His character came over to talk to Liss, and somehow I myself seemed to be an IC character as well, which was who Liss was talking to. My mind wasn't happy with the bluetooth explanation, so obviously, she was talking to -me.- :roll: Well now that I had two characters, I explained to the other player that I was going to hop to the DM client so that I could "character jump." This seemed to upset him, because I didn't have Liss' permission. I was all "Huh?" and trying to figure that out, but eventually we figured out that he thought I meant port Liss somewhere else while the player was AFK. That also made no sense, obviously, since I was right there, and he knew that... it was disruptive enough to the flow of the thought that I woke up.

Liss Crest, Slytherin
Kalara Crest, Hufflepuff
Elizabeth Finley, The Moon

Post Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:11 am 
Azkaban Inmate
Azkaban Inmate

Duuuude....stop hogging the joint and pass it already! You're tripping for three here! :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next

Board index » General » Out of Character