WoHP Homepage    Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General » Out of Character

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: I Dream of Harry Potter
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:27 pm 
Game Master
Game Master

I figure we've all (or most) have had dreams that involved HP, his universe, or the server and its inhabitants (IC and/or OOC) at one time or another. Myself, on many strange occasions... I figure I'd start this thread and see if anyone else is willing and able to post their HP dreams that they can remember.

I'll go first since this dream happened to me last night and still fresh in my mind for the most part.

Last night, I had dreamed that HP and Xander Black (me) were running and dancing around my old elementary school. All the while they were also trying to stop all the Smurfs from exploding into gravitational singularities and apologizing to Hermione for something I can't remember. All I remember is that she was mad/flustered at Xander and HP for something. Possibly something to do with the Smurfs? lol

Post subject: Re: I Dream of Harry Potter
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:49 pm 
Azkaban Escapee
Azkaban Escapee

I've had a fair share, but I don't remember most. I had one once where I/my character (I'm not sure which. Might've been some hybrid) was sitting in the EH with another player, though not a character. It was very much like the server, 'cause nothing really happened until Priggo came. I think he danced too.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:13 pm 
Azkaban Warden
Azkaban Warden

One that always stands out for me was a dream where Joki met Liss in some burnt-out cathedral ruins. The whole dream was post-apocalyptic and had a heavy sense of decay and ruin, with all the colors gray and bleached out. Joki had been trying to raise her father from the dead, and Liss told her that the reason she failed was because of the curse. It was one of the most detail-oriented dreams I've ever had, and it was cool to "see" my character live and breathe and move like that.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:39 pm 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

Oddly enough, I very rarely dream about Liss or HP. It's surprising, to be honest. I've had a couple dreams that stand out:

One dream I was Liss, but I worked for the telescope company that I work for in RL. I had to go to Europa (Jupiter's moon) to work on a telescope they had there. Since it was a several month trip, Nina (who Liss was with at the time) was allowed to go too. There was a beautiful telescope building on Europa, very homey and comfortable. I'm sure this is from one of the RL telescopes I visit often. The place felt like a house, but was really built to withstand the elements of Jupiter's moon. For brief periods of time, we could walk around outside of the telescope building, but the air was very thin and the radiation only permitted maybe 15 minutes outside. (Again probably from RL, as the top of the mountain at 10,000 feet almost feels like a different planet, and you don't stay out long if you can help it) It was beautiful, rocky landscape with Jupiter in the sky. I (Liss) got some great photos, I was very upset when I woke up and didn't have any of them. And this dream is why I added Europa into the mod. Of course, the one in the mod is a tad more realistic. Europa has no atmosphere and is a block of ice.

Another dream I had was also at my work, but I was Liss again. I was fixing computers or something, and Angel showed up and kept trying to hold my hand. I kept trying to work, but then my (RL) father showed up. Angel kept being very affectionate but I (Liss) was freaking out because my father would never approve of Liss-me dating another girl. I don't remember how it ended.

I know I've also had some more NWN type dreams, where the look and feel of the dream is very NWN-ish. I also know I've had dreams about totally unrelated things, where I'm wondering if there's a DM logged in to help me with something. People "logging in and out" of my dreams has happened on occasion.

Liss Crest, Slytherin
Kalara Crest, Hufflepuff
Elizabeth Finley, The Moon

Post Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:44 pm 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

Double post ftw, but this one's worth it...

Not my dream, but Ree's apparently. I was late getting to bed one night and I climbed into bed and started to cuddle and she sort of woke up and asked me "Are you Creed?"

(This was shortly after a dinner we went on once that cost over $100 and her reply to it was "This would have been perfect if you were black...")

Liss Crest, Slytherin
Kalara Crest, Hufflepuff

Post Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:57 pm 
Azkaban Escapee
Azkaban Escapee

Har-har!

I mostly dream of toolsetting. Like I'll often have to step on a field of blue to pass from area to area in my dreams. :D

"I sense a costume opportunity!"

Post Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:05 pm 
Game Master
Game Master

Tool set dreams are nothing compared to hex editing dreams I had during my NWN hacking days. Ugh. Those were more like nightmares.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:59 am 
Azkaban Escapee
Azkaban Escapee

I have had many dreams involving my character, that is how I am inspired for some rp posts. :) But I remember two very vividly.

I was in Red, and she was in Bordeaux, where I was at a time, and she was with her friend Samantha. There was a gloomy atmosphere people where afraid and Red seemed to know why. Some black cloaked wizards with a red band around their arm (like the nazis) were gathering Muggles and muggle borns in the tram. Cramming them in there treating them like vermine. It was a grey cold day, it seemed like dementors were floating above the tram draining all hope to flee to escape... to live.
Red and Sam dashed towards the tram and got in unseen (donno how), the ram went under a very dark tunnel ( there are no tunnels in Bordeaux) That is when the tram stopped. Red/me took out her wand along with Samantha and opened the doors and tried to get some Muggles out. Red Stupefy'd many nazi/wizards and had to use her patronus. Everything seemed to get darker and Red's fears where growing; Dementors. One grabbed her by the neck and opened it's mouth sucking the very life away from her. Sam's patronus: a buffalo came charging at it and then I awoke.

Crazy dream, and this was before seeing HP 7 :P

Aaaaand the other vivid dream involved Red and Tom... but that is a secret :wink:

Post Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:18 pm 
Game Master
Game Master

TheSilvernight wrote:
Aaaaand the other vivid dream involved Red and Tom... but that is a secret :wink:

Ooo la la. ;)

Post Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:22 pm 
Azkaban Escapee
Azkaban Escapee

It's rated R. There are innocent kids on this server. :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:29 pm 
Game Master
Game Master

TheSilvernight wrote:
It's rated R. There are innocent kids on this server. :mrgreen:

That's debatable in this day and age. But we'll leave it for another time and place on the probability that that statement is true. ;)

Post Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:42 pm 
Azkaban Inmate
Azkaban Inmate

I had a dream I was playing on this server and then I went through an area transition and a bunch of zergs rushed John and he killed them all with a fireball and then I got a tell and then I minimized the game to read something from MSN and oh wait he already told me that wtf why is my background black ohey im awake.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:22 am 
Azkaban Inmate
Azkaban Inmate

I just woke up from a dream where I got a text from Calan saying, "Xander's a girl who got her picture taken in the Entrance Hall" or something to that effect.

Πάνω απ 'όλα, φύλακας καρδιά σου, επειδή είναι η ανεξάντλητη πηγή της ζωής. Παροιμίες 4:23

Post Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:44 am 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

Dude, that wasn't a dream.

Liss Crest, Slytherin
Kalara Crest, Hufflepuff

Post Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:20 pm 
Game Master
Game Master

Banana Pancakes wrote:
I just woke up from a dream where I got a text from Calan saying, "Xander's a girl who got her picture taken in the Entrance Hall" or something to that effect.

I would like this post removed because I find it offensive and know as a fact that it is just another childish BP snipe at Xander and nothing to actually do with a dream. One of his favourite Skype snipes I may add.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

Board index » General » Out of Character