WoHP Homepage    Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General » Out of Character

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pottermore!
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:12 pm 
Forum Troll King

Kingsean12 wrote:
I'd only have a problem with an HP MMORPG if it had a monthly subscription fee.

ha

haha

hahahahaha

Post Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:07 am 
Azkaban Inmate
Azkaban Inmate

"The Hufflepuffs are the ones that wind up making all the small differences that keep the world running while the Ravenclaws are too busy thinking about it, the Slytherins are too busy rushing it and screwing it up, and the Gryffindors are off getting themselves killed." -SleepingSun7

"Friends don't let friends RP OOCly distracted."

Post Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:18 am 
Forum Troll King

The Telegraph with Rowling:
Quote:
''I hope fans and those new to Harry will have as much fun helping to shape Pottermore as I have.

''Just as I have contributed to the website, everyone else will be able to join in by submitting their own comments, drawings and other content in a safe and friendly environment - Pottermore has been designed as a place to share the stories with your friends as you journey through the site.''

Fans will be able to work their way through the books and follow Harry to Hogwarts where they are sorted into one of the school's rival houses and become student wizards themselves.

The website, which is part social-networking forum and part computer game, allows fans to access material cut from the original books and read insights from the author along the way.

Rowling said the idea partly came because of the demand for eBooks of the novels.
She said: ''I wanted to pull it back to reading, I wanted to pull it back to the literary experience, the story experience and this is what emerged.''

She said some of the material for the website had been ''literally'' dug out of boxes.
She said: ''The world has kind of out-stripped me in the sense that back in 1998 I knew I was generating a lot more material than would ever appear in the books.

''To me at the time I thought 'Who would ever want to know the significance of all these different wand woods?'

''This was all in my head. So at that time the only way I could imagine ever putting that material out there was in the form of a printed book.''

She added fans might still see the publication of a Harry Potter encyclopedia, with all profits going to charity, but she would not publish another novel.

She said: ''This was about the give-back. The technology now existed to do something outside the books and the films for existing fans.''

Fans will be able to register from today for an online challenge on the website on July 31 with one million people who successfully beat the challenge being invited to join Pottermore early.

The website will open to all in October.

There will also be an online store where fans can buy eBooks and digital audio books of the teenage wizard's adventures.

Rowling admitted that working on the website, which has been in development for several years, had allowed her to "stay in touch" with the part of her life when she was writing the stories.

She said: "It is true to say that finishing writing Harry, I have only cried that much, ever in my life, when my mum died.

"I've never cried for a man like I've cried for Harry Potter."

The site, which will be free to register for, will eventually include all links and material from all the Harry Potter novels.

So it's an MMO Facebook with an online choose-your-own-adventure picture book and a gift store?

Post Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:59 am 
Azkaban Warden
Azkaban Warden

I don't...get it...

Post Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:01 am 
Azkaban Escapee
Azkaban Escapee

RT wrote:
I don't...get it...

Neither do I but I don't like it I think.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:32 am 
Forum Fifth Year
Forum Fifth Year

Sounds to me like someone is trying to prolong her series... :S

Amélie Le'Rouche

Adrian Palicki

Alejandro Garcia

Post Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:45 am 
Azkaban Escapee
Azkaban Escapee

Well, I'll try it out in October! Not -as- exciting as I had been hoping for... but hey, any additional information she has is welcomed.

"I sense a costume opportunity!"

Post Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:07 am 
Azkaban Inmate
Azkaban Inmate

Methinks half of the stuff that she'll put in her little encyclopedia will no longer correspond to what we had to decide on, given her inaccuracies and contradictions.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:14 am 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

TheSilvernight wrote:
RT wrote:
I don't...get it...

Neither do I but I don't like it I think.

Yeah I think I do but I am not sure.....

Post Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:54 am 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

I am just going to wait til October. I just sorta wish it was a book where the words did what they did in the video. I want spider words crawling around my house lol.

But it really was a big dissapointment only for the fact its not really detailed and we still gotta wait more.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:18 pm 
Game Master
Game Master

Harrybook!!!!! It is going to be the books but with my under standing the readers can tell about their interptations. I am saying I am regerstering for it and will try to get in early, then If I make it I will be sharing the information.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:56 am 
Azkaban Inmate
Azkaban Inmate

PirenBlackheart wrote:
If I make it I will be sharing the information.

Assuming there isn't an NDA. :P

"The Hufflepuffs are the ones that wind up making all the small differences that keep the world running while the Ravenclaws are too busy thinking about it, the Slytherins are too busy rushing it and screwing it up, and the Gryffindors are off getting themselves killed." -SleepingSun7

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:21 am 
Forum Troll King

PirenBlackheart wrote:
Harrybook!!!!! It is going to be the books but with my under standing the readers can tell about their interptations. I am saying I am regerstering for it and will try to get in early, then If I make it I will be sharing the information.

While I'm sure we all appreciate this you can be sure that as soon as the first wave of public testers get in it's going to be as freely available on the 'net as "Snape kills Dumbledore!"

Post Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:41 pm 
Azkaban Inmate
Azkaban Inmate

So... at LeakyCon2011 we got a very special sneak peek of Pottermore and all I can say is being lore-nerds as the majority, if not all, of us are... you should all be excited. :)

Post Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:54 am 
Forum Fourth Year
Forum Fourth Year

Did anyone early register?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » General » Out of Character