WoHP Homepage    Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General » Out of Character

Post subject: Brains
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:20 pm 
Azkaban Escapee
Azkaban Escapee

Ok, ever since I read the title of the Accio Brain post, despite it not actually having anything to do with brains, I have had this (somewhat disgusting) question stuck in my brain.

What would happen if you tried to Accio someone's brain/other internal organs? Would it not work because of the bones and skin in the way or if the spell was strong enough would it actually rip the brain out of someone's head? DX

Why does my brain torture me with such wonderings?

Post subject: Re: Brains
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:30 am 
Azkaban Inmate
Azkaban Inmate

"The Hufflepuffs are the ones that wind up making all the small differences that keep the world running while the Ravenclaws are too busy thinking about it, the Slytherins are too busy rushing it and screwing it up, and the Gryffindors are off getting themselves killed." -SleepingSun7

"Friends don't let friends RP OOCly distracted."

Post Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:51 am 
Forum Troll King

It would either:

1.) Give the target a concussion and that'd be the end of it.
2.) Give the target a concussion and then drag their body, head-first, towards you, likely very slowly.
3.) Simply accio the person.
Or;
4.) Do nothing at all.

Logically I'd guess 1 or 2. But because it's MAAAGIC I guess 3 and 4 are more likely.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:10 am 
Azkaban Inmate
Azkaban Inmate

It's always fun to consider the offensive/'darkmagicz' possibilities of utility spells. ^^

Post Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:57 am 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

Nikblade wrote:
Logically I'd guess 1 or 2. But because it's MAAAGIC I guess 3 and 4 are more likely.

I'd say 4. Because Nik's right, magic /= logic.

Liss Crest, Slytherin
Kalara Crest, Hufflepuff
Elizabeth Finley, The Moon

Post Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:07 am 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

It would probably depend on the caster, and the intent. Which also means likely it wouldn't do anything. Few wizards or witches, let alone students, should be cut out to actually use Unforgivables (and Accio-Brains would probably qualify as serious dark magic), even if they're capable of learning them. And also, if the desired effects were anything so significant as most of those options, it would be more than just a simple Summoning charm.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:10 am 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

Zach makes a good point, too. In theory, you could blind someone by casting Lumos in their eye. It still comes down to intent on top of capability, though.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:10 am 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

CircusClown wrote:
It's always fun to consider the offensive/'darkmagicz' possibilities of utility spells. ^^

Yes! Yes it is! :D
One of my characters does so ICly. >_>

JBMT wrote:
Few wizards or witches, let alone students, should be cut out to actually use Unforgivables (and Accio-Brains would probably qualify as serious dark magic), even if they're capable of learning them.

But what about all the ebul slytherins? If you take away their srs dark magic, they've got nothing left! Seriously though, I actually think the character of mine that's -most- likely to pop an unforgivable(as opposed to simply learning them because they -exist-...yes, I'm looking at you, karen >_>) is my huffle. And it definitely really does depend on the character. There has to be a certain...something...there. Either in the character's personality, or in the situation they've found themselves in.

Sam McKinnon - 6th Year Ravenclaw

Jabari Nwosu * Joshua Tannerman * Lenora Hollings * Lillian Stewart * Maria Bonoa

Post Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:17 am 
Forum Troll King

I'm determined to use "Accio Eyeball!" ICly.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:40 am 
Azkaban Inmate
Azkaban Inmate

JBMT wrote:
Zach makes a good point, too. In theory, you could blind someone by casting Lumos in their eye. It still comes down to intent on top of capability, though.

I guess, if your wand was close enough to them... but that's what conjunctivitis is for. ;D

"The Hufflepuffs are the ones that wind up making all the small differences that keep the world running while the Ravenclaws are too busy thinking about it, the Slytherins are too busy rushing it and screwing it up, and the Gryffindors are off getting themselves killed." -SleepingSun7

"Friends don't let friends RP OOCly distracted."

Post Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:37 am 
Azkaban Escapee
Azkaban Escapee

Nikblade wrote:
I'm determined to use "Accio Eyeball!" ICly.

Accio Eyeball might actually work because it's on the outside of the head. I dare someone to Accio Moody's glass eye. XD

As far as I remember summoning charms can't get something if it's behind a locked door/window/box, is that right? Does the item move until the door blocks it or not move at all in that case? I think I remember something being got from an unlocked cupboard, so the item puts some effort into coming to you. Of course it does depend on the Wizard or Witch's power as to how big an object/how far away an object you can successfully summon, if I recall correctly.

So if you count the head as a locked cupboard, then the brain either doesn't move, moves until it's stopped by the skull, or if the caster is very powerful moves the container (person) towards them.

Is there an actual Teleportation spell in HP? i.e. can you move something instantaneously from one place to another no matter what's in the way. I guess Apparition and Portkeys do that, but I can't remember an object being moved in such a way.

And yeah, heavy Dark magic and I'd imagine it's like an unforgiveable; you have to really mean it and have a lot of power behind it for it to work.

Board index » General » Out of Character