WoHP Homepage    Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General » Out of Character

Post subject: Favorite HP Quotes
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:13 am 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

So I was doing a read through recently of the books and watching the movies and I thought... What truly is my favorite quote? I have so many... But I found one part of the book that truly hits me. Maybe it's because I want to find a girl like Fleur who doesn't care what I look like, she just knows she loves me. But here it goes. My facebook post, you can sorta decipher it from there...

"You theenk Bill will not wish to marry me anymore?" demanded Fleur. "You theenk, because of these bites, he will not love me?"
"No, that's not what I --"
"Because 'e will!" said Fleur, drawing herself up to her full height and throwing back her long mane of silver hair. "It would take more zan a werewolf to stop Bill loving me!"
"Well, yes, I'm sure," said Mrs. Weasley, "but I thought perhaps -- given how-- how he--"
"You thought I would not weesh to marry him? Or per'aps you hoped?" said Fleur, her nostrils flaring. "What do I care how he looks? I am good-looking enough for both of us, I theenk! All these scars show is zat my husband is brave! And I shall do zat!" she added fiercely, pushing Mrs. Weasley aside and snatching the ointment from her.

I must say, this is probably one of my favorite parts of any of the books. Neither of the characters were very huge parts of the story but the defining moment of even their love shone through.

Which leads me to this quote
"That which Voldemort does not value, he takes no trouble to comprehend. Of house-elves and childrens tales, of love, loyalty, and innocence, Voldemort knows and understands nothing. Nothing. That they all have a power beyond his own, a power beyond the reach of any magic, is a truth he has never grasped. "

And that my friends... When you can grasp that... I believe, you have truely learned the meaning of life...

So yeah... WHat's your favorite quote or part of the book?

Board index » General » Out of Character