WoHP Homepage    Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General » Out of Character

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Creativity
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:58 am 
Azkaban Escapee
Azkaban Escapee

Yeah, I see the problem with matches, I guess practices are easier to do.

But are the bludgers and the quaffle only spawnable by team captains? If they are then can we please get that changed. Then anyone could hold an impromptu game.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:26 am 
Azkaban Inmate
Azkaban Inmate

Skully & Calan - Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhush. Eye roll at one another on MSN, please. :D

Charity - I love your enthusiasm! If I recall correctly (though it has been years since I've gone to the quiddich pitch) you just pull a lever to start a game. It'd be interesting to see one play out fully. If I were you and I wanted that sort of roleplay I'd find out whose captain of your houses team and if they aren't active kinda sorta ask to steal it from them (I don't remember any sort of election process ever going on for it, or teachers coming out and saying "Ah, you're captain now." So that could be the total wrong way to do it but, hey!) and make it more active. Hold events! :D Challenge opposing houses on a friendly basis (only cuz, hey, right now? 14 players would be a miracle, and 14 all who want to roleplay quiddich? get outta here. That'd mean you'd need about 20ish people just to hold a game with spectators!) and eventually build up to those huge shows!

Anyone else have any neat ideas or brainstormy stuff?!

Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:22 am 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

I think I remember reading somewhere that you had to be 5th year to be quidditch captain(after Wood graduated, they had to stall quidditch for a book so that Harry could take the position). But beyond that, anyone who has enthusiasm should be able to do it. Probably not if they're failing their classes and the like(they probably wouldn't even be allowed on the team if that was the case) but it should be open to the majority of students.

Sam McKinnon - 6th Year Ravenclaw

Jabari Nwosu * Joshua Tannerman * Lenora Hollings * Lillian Stewart * Maria Bonoa

Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:40 am 
Azkaban Warden
Azkaban Warden

The Bludgers spawn automatically when anyone gets onto the Pitch.

The Quaffle and Snitch need to be spawned by a Quidditch Captain, but they only disappear if the Snitch is caught. If a Quaffle is spawned but the Snitch is never caught (or spawned to begin with), the Quaffle will stick around. Unless of course someone steals it off of the Pitch.

And it's not hard at all to spawn them for a Captain. If I'm on with Seril and not busy with RP, I will gladly spawn a Quaffle and/or Snitch when needed.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:34 pm 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

That doesn't constitute a working system, just having a few models. Also, if you remember, feeding my family was just a little higher on my list of priorities at the time. If I do have them, they are still in a state that I can't actually do anything with them yet. Then you expressed that you were disinterested in continuing work on it, so what could I do? You weren't "stonewalled," that's ridiculous. We've had that conversation for hours before already. But this is getting very off topic for the thread, we're hijacking it.

Liss Crest, Slytherin
Kalara Crest, Hufflepuff
Elizabeth Finley, The Moon

Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:13 pm 
Azkaban Escapee
Azkaban Escapee

Yendys wrote:
I think I remember reading somewhere that you had to be 5th year to be quidditch captain(after Wood graduated, they had to stall quidditch for a book so that Harry could take the position). But beyond that, anyone who has enthusiasm should be able to do it. Probably not if they're failing their classes and the like(they probably wouldn't even be allowed on the team if that was the case) but it should be open to the majority of students.

But Harry didn't get Quidditch Captain until his sixth year. I think Angelina took over after Wood.

All of my chars are currently stuck at first year until the curriculum updates, unfortunately.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:46 pm 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

Charity wrote:
Yendys wrote:

But Harry didn't get Quidditch Captain until his sixth year. I think Angelina took over after Wood.

All of my chars are currently stuck at first year until the curriculum updates, unfortunately.

I thought that was due to Umbridge, Harry not being allowed to Quidditch that is.

And you can year up while the curriculum is under construction. Just complete all the assignments for year 1, then go to the afk room ooc shop and pick up the yearing up token for your year, and take it to Pince.

Sam McKinnon - 6th Year Ravenclaw

Jabari Nwosu * Joshua Tannerman * Lenora Hollings * Lillian Stewart * Maria Bonoa

Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:22 pm 
Azkaban Escapee
Azkaban Escapee

Yendys wrote:
Charity wrote:
Yendys wrote:

I thought that was due to Umbridge, Harry not being allowed to Quidditch that is.

And you can year up while the curriculum is under construction. Just complete all the assignments for year 1, then go to the afk room ooc shop and pick up the yearing up token for your year, and take it to Pince.

Umbridge didn't ban Harry from Quidditch until partway through the year. The Quidditch Captain announcements come with the Prefect Badge announcements with the letters with school supply requirements for the year. Maybe he could have got it in 5th year though; it's just that Angelina had seniority so he had to wait until she left.

And yeah, I know I can year up OOC, but I want to do it IC.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:30 pm 
Azkaban Warden
Azkaban Warden

You can do the technical aspect of yearing up OOC, and then RP it IC.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:13 am 
Azkaban Inmate
Azkaban Inmate

C'mon, peeps.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:32 pm 
Azkaban Escapee
Azkaban Escapee

I checked Quidditch. The bludgers spawn automatically, but there's no way to get the Quaffle or the Snitch. There is an equipment chest on the field with Bludger bats in it. Would it be possible to get a Quaffle and a Snitch in there too, please?

Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:45 pm 
Azkaban Warden
Azkaban Warden

RaginCajun wrote:
The Bludgers spawn automatically when anyone gets onto the Pitch.

The Quaffle and Snitch need to be spawned by a Quidditch Captain, but they only disappear if the Snitch is caught. If a Quaffle is spawned but the Snitch is never caught (or spawned to begin with), the Quaffle will stick around. Unless of course someone steals it off of the Pitch.

Like I said, the Quaffle disappears when the Snitch is caught. Even if it's in the chest. And the Snitch is not an item, it's a little invisi-fairy that floats around the Pitch, waiting to get pounded on.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:52 pm 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

Quidditch was changed a while back, I -think- that all requirements for a captain to be there were removed.

Liss Crest, Slytherin
Kalara Crest, Hufflepuff

Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:25 pm 
Azkaban Escapee
Azkaban Escapee

Calan wrote:
Quidditch was changed a while back, I -think- that all requirements for a captain to be there were removed.

How do you get the Quaffle and Snitch then?

Post Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:35 pm 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

It was years ago that I messed with it, so I don't recall about the quaffle. The snitch and bludgers appear automatically. Going just on memory, the quaffle may be in a chest on the pitch...

Liss Crest, Slytherin
Kalara Crest, Hufflepuff

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » General » Out of Character