WoHP Homepage    Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General » Out of Character

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Creativity
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:56 pm 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

Calan wrote:
Going just on memory, the quaffle may be in a chest on the pitch...

It is.

Sam McKinnon - 6th Year Ravenclaw

Jabari Nwosu * Joshua Tannerman * Lenora Hollings * Lillian Stewart * Maria Bonoa

Post Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:19 pm 
Azkaban Escapee
Azkaban Escapee

Calan wrote:
It was years ago that I messed with it, so I don't recall about the quaffle. The snitch and bludgers appear automatically. Going just on memory, the quaffle may be in a chest on the pitch...

I may have missed spotting the Snitch. Clearly none of my chars should play Seeker. XD The Quaffle wasn't in the chest when I looked, but somebody may have pinched it. I'll check the next time the server resets.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:53 pm 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

The snitch is almost impossible to see. You'll only see it if it happens to fly very near to you.

Liss Crest, Slytherin
Kalara Crest, Hufflepuff
Elizabeth Finley, The Moon

Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:07 pm 
Azkaban Escapee
Azkaban Escapee

Charity wrote:
Calan wrote:
It was years ago that I messed with it, so I don't recall about the quaffle. The snitch and bludgers appear automatically. Going just on memory, the quaffle may be in a chest on the pitch...

I may have missed spotting the Snitch. Clearly none of my chars should play Seeker. XD The Quaffle wasn't in the chest when I looked, but somebody may have pinched it. I'll check the next time the server resets.

Well I did find the Quaffle and the Snitch.

In other news, where is everybody? This is the second day in a row that only James and I have been on.

We really do need something to shake the server up.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:13 pm 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

I've been swamped with homework. It lightened up a little bit this past week, but it's going to get worse again soon. When I have had time to get on, I've just been too tired to log in. Or I log in and then forget I've done so, and end up taking a nap or whatever.

Sam McKinnon - 6th Year Ravenclaw

Jabari Nwosu * Joshua Tannerman * Lenora Hollings * Lillian Stewart * Maria Bonoa

Post Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:51 pm 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

Marie and I haven't been on due to a death in the family. Things will pick back up in a few days.

Liss Crest, Slytherin
Kalara Crest, Hufflepuff
Elizabeth Finley, The Moon

Post Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:17 pm 
Azkaban Warden
Azkaban Warden

I haven't been on due to keeping Ree and Calan busy. :D
Things will pick back up in a few days.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:33 pm 
Azkaban Escapee
Azkaban Escapee

Well it is proven that Liss attracts people. XD She comes on and suddenly everyone is on lol.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:13 pm 
Azkaban Escapee
Azkaban Escapee

Charity wrote:
everyone is on lol.

Don't do drugs!

I generally get on a little every day, but some times only five minutes, depending on how far my patience go.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:17 am 
Azkaban Escapee
Azkaban Escapee

There's actually a drug called 'lol'?

Post Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:45 am 
Azkaban Escapee
Azkaban Escapee

You're the one who said they're on lol. I don't know what it is, I figured it was a drug, based on your wording.

(In reality, I'm making fun of the way you typed it. There should, at the least, be a comma. Though it's complicated when dealing with words that aren't real words.)

Post Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:36 pm 
Azkaban Escapee
Azkaban Escapee

I think of lol as like a smiley, I guess :lol:. No comma needed for a smiley.

And yeah, time for a wild party!

Post Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:45 pm 
Azkaban Escapee
Azkaban Escapee

Charity wrote:
I think of lol as like a smiley, I guess :lol:. No comma needed for a smiley.

Ehehe, I know, I know, sorry. I just can't help read it as a word, thus it often looks quite funny to me.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:34 am 
Azkaban Inmate
Azkaban Inmate

What would be something really cool that could happen? Sort of like a big, grand finale for the year?

As everyone knows, JKR always had a main theme for the year in her books that was on-going and all involving. Of course, WoHP goes much, much faster (year wise) than would be realistic for the game (we'd have a massive event once a month, and while that seems cool, I think that it would make the plots somewhat substance-less, unless they all went into the main scope plot, but anyway, that would be way in the future from now and I'm rambling, so, I digress: ). What if (starting, say, 1/1/13) there was one big on-going story line that was ever changing based on player input/actions and DM administration that went on for one entire RL calendar year (unless it met a resolution much faster than that, but I kinda doubt it)? That way, there'd always be something up or to gossip about/prepare for? Heck - we may even adopt a "Harry Potter" character type out of one of the already playing characters if situations allowed for it! Seril comes to mind.

So, I totally understand (and agree) that all book-plots should be for the books only since most of the plots had something to do with Voldemort and to my knowledge he doesn't exist in game.

But what iiiiiiiif we created our own bad guy (or maybe even a PC who is 'bad'btw: not a subliminal plea for my PC!) who does something that throws the environment into turmoil slowly but surely?

I'm not sure what it was relating to but it was something RT wrote once (iirc some lady and guy with long white hair and it was really creepy and awesome, how she always do) about some (presumably) creepy characters skulking around somewhere (I read it a realllly long time ago so IDK where it is, exactly, or what it was about, but the main characters of her post stuck with me!)...Well, what if we made RT come back and design some super Voldemort types and tried to brainstorm something server and player friendly they could do?

Unfortunately, most of the ideas that I have about server plots inevitably have some super bad guy being crazy. But, hey! It leaves room for a resistance and stuff, so, I kinda think it'd be cool if it was sufficiently planned out.

Input? (Even if it's a "No that sucks!", just explain why it sucks or wouldn't work or whatever!)

P.S. The fact that we have a relatively small (but close knit <3) community probably works to our advantage!

P.S.S!
It was mentioned that a problem that could arise is a lack of a head DM (for this). Well, my retort (publicly as well incase anyone else has this concern) is that, at this phase, there isn't really room for a DM, and if all went how I envision it, it wouldn't really require a DM except here and there -- which, I guess could be handled by various DMs if a base character was developed. Kinda like how any DM can roleplay Snape, post notes about development in an elusive sub forum and move on! I (personally, anyway; and please don't take this as a whine that it must go my way, I'm just giving my perspective) would prefer it if the main plot was only fuel to get player interaction up with something behind it.

And, hey! If one DM (or player) did it better than other people and had the desire to stick with that character (like JBMT and Snape) then let 'em!

Post Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:05 pm 
Azkaban Escapee
Azkaban Escapee

IIRC Voldemort is currently in the hiding out, too weak to carry on stage on WoHP. We could have some Death Eaters trying to bring him back; they seem to have ignored his existence for long enough lol.

No Harry Potter type chars though, please. Having a 'Chosen One' kind of screws up the chance to make a difference for everyone else (you can't do that; you aren't the chosen one).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » General » Out of Character