WoHP Homepage    Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General » Out of Character

Post subject: Going to be gone for a few days.
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:04 pm 
Azkaban Inmate
Azkaban Inmate

Not that anyone really cares, but just to let you all know, I'm going to be gone from the 29th, to the 2nd of July. An SCA (The Society for Creative Anachronism) event is being held in Nova Scotia, and I'm actually going to it. I guess this means I actually have a life! :gonk:

Then again, It's the Ruantallan War Camp, and since I don't really do any sort of combat (Heavy, Throwing, Fencing, Youth or Archery), I don't have much to do other then help with chores, cook, and flirt with anybody I see. (They already told me that pretending to be an angel won't work, so I may as well go as a devil with a low neckline :whee: )

Anyways, I hope you all have fun. I know I will except for the whole camping bit, and the fact they are actually going to try to stop underage drinking this year, teehee. ;) Much love to you all. Byes.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:24 pm 
Azkaban Inmate
Azkaban Inmate

Have fun. :)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:58 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

I would do archery and fencing =/

Have fun.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:13 am 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

(I care.) And the SCA is cool. Have a great time. See you when you get back.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:41 pm 
Azkaban Warden
Azkaban Warden

Well, have fun. See you mondayish

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:25 pm 
Azkaban Inmate
Azkaban Inmate

OMFG! I'M BACK.. AND MOSTLY ALIVE! XD

The war camp was interesting to say the least. When we arrived at the area, they had torrential rains in the area for the past week or so. So, to put it lightly, it was a muddy swamp. After spending several hours getting everything set up in the mud (Which was not fun to say the least), let's just say I didn't stay in garb long.. I went to bed around 7 pm, I think. Unfortunately, as the Newfies who set up camp not far from us had apparently brewed some really good mead that they were sharing with anyone who dropped by Teehee X3

Saturday, by the end of it, wasn't that great of a day, although it had started out well. Early in the morning, I recieved a mehndi decoration (aka henna 'tattoo') for fun. The rest of the day I spent being very anti-social until it was time for court. The King and Queen were at the war camp, because they have been debating on dissolving the Barony of Ruantallan for a while now, due to some complaints they had recieved from a few people. Although their highnesses chose to keep the barony alive, they did something very stupid and thoughtless that has just increased the rifts between the numourus factions beginning to grow within the area.

Since the Barony was to be kept alive, the question of who the new Baron and Baroness was to be considered. Many did not even think of it as a question, as elections were held before, and a couple had been selected. However, only five minutes before the court began, one of the two couples that had lost in the elections, were informed that they were to take over. The couple that had won were never informed until the the new baron and baroness had been called forth. As you can imagine, many people were outraged at this, and a large group of them simply left (Most of which was made up of the pirates, who were more angered at how the new baron and baroness picked, not because of who.). Shortly after, the court was paused due to a sudden onslaught of rain. Ironically enough, rolls of thunder could be heard even before the court began.

Even the awards that were handed out after court had once again began, didn't uplift the mood of the people watching. No one but their Highnesses seemed okay with the desicion. Even the new baroness burst out into tears during a discussion that took place after court. I, on the other hand, unlike many of the people drinking, singing and making one really big fire that night, just went to bed completely disgusted.

Sunday, however, was a fair bit better. I was actually social for once. ( Several people decided to pretend to have heart attacks when they noticed -.-; ) I met and made friends with several of the pirates, and even got into the meeting they held that day with some help from one of the cute guys who was a member. Didn't get to stay there the entire time, but apparently one of the guys saluted cleavage after I had left. Can't say he didn't do it for no reason.. <_< >_>

Not much happened after that, other then a few games of Munchkin Impossible, lots of rain and a bit of cuddling after that. (And packing stuff up in the mud *Twitch*)

All around, ignoring a few incidents, missed ferries and the fact it was a camping event.. it was a pretty good weekend :D

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:08 pm 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

Welcome back, Alex. Thanks for the eye-witness, on-the-spot reporting.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:12 am 
Azkaban Inmate
Azkaban Inmate

Teehee. :P Not very well done.. I was sorta tired last night... Lugging really heavy things around in the mud for several hours can do that to you. :?

Post subject: Fourth of July holiday
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:42 am 
Forum Second Year
Forum Second Year

I'll be gone a few days as well. Leaving today and probably won't be back until Friday. I won't have internet access where I'll be going to.

Everyone have fun! Will miss you and will be thinking about you all!

Jenee

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:01 am 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

Have a great Fourth, Jen. Hope it's not muddy. :)

Board index » General » Out of Character