WoHP Homepage    Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General » Out of Character

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1657 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 107, 108, 109, 110, 111  Next
 Post subject: Re: I'm Going/I'm Back
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:58 pm 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

I'm suspicious that this is actually a plan to stalk Necro... >_>

Sam McKinnon - 6th Year Ravenclaw

Jabari Nwosu * Joshua Tannerman * Lenora Hollings * Lillian Stewart * Maria Bonoa

Post Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:00 pm 
Azkaban Escapee
Azkaban Escapee

Hey, him coming anywhere in Europe is pretty much more akin to him stalking me, than me stalking him by moving near to where he's visiting. :D Besides I'll be there for close to a year, I'm pretty sure he'll be going back to the colonies much sooner than that.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:00 am 
Forum First Year
Forum First Year

Hey Guys, Bradleymee here! I probably should have posted here since i was gone for a while. (Sorry Pip!) I havent been on as much because of lots of things going on. I'll try to be on as much as i can. I Should probably make a schedule or something to make time for being on. :) Anyway. I'm back for now.

Damien Jackson ~ First Year Ravenclaw
Anna Reed ~ First Year Slytherin

Post Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:52 pm 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

I will be less available than I have been for a month starting the night of 10/31, because I'm participating in NaNoWriMo this year and will have a writing goal every day. If I have not achieved my writing goal that day, I will not be on the server, because I will be writing. If I'm not on the server at night, I am either having a very good writing day(in which case I'm going to take advantage of the momentum and not stop) or a very bad writing day(in which case I'm staring at the word document ripping my hair out in frustration). If you see me on the server and I have not yet achieved 1,667 words that day, yell at me until I get off please. Thank you.

Jabari Nwosu * Joshua Tannerman * Lenora Hollings * Lillian Stewart * Maria Bonoa

Post Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:29 pm 
Game Master
Game Master

Due to traveling and RL, my play time has been been cut drastically. My appearances will be sporadic for the next couple weeks. Feel free to get in contact with me via PM if there is any RP you want to schedule or whatever.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:36 am 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

I found a thing, that might be a helpful thing. You might need to refresh the thing if it appears to be stuck on a previous day, but the color indicates whether I'm good to be on the server or whether I'm going to be trying to catch up to my goal. Green = good.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:35 pm 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

Progress report time! Act 1(of 3) is about half finished I think. You might think this means I'm 1/6 of the way done, but I expect Acts 2 and 3 to be longer, so we might be looking at more like 1/10 of the way done. If I keep going at the rate I'm going, though, this puts the story at completion a week or two into December, which isn't bad, all things considered. It's certainly better than what I thought I was looking at yesterday, before I sorted my outline out.

Miss you guys, but it's really hard to switch between NaNoWriMo mindset and WoHP mindset, much more so than I'd anticipated or experienced in past projects. The character clashes(Alex vs Sam and Maddie/Niven vs Matsuko mainly) aren't helping at all, either. I'm going to try to be on occasionally when I can, but I think it's better to just get all this out ASAP so I can focus on WoHP entirely, instead of having to worry about characters being upset or intimidated by each other. I'll be back for real before you know it, though!

Post Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:00 am 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

Update #2: finished act 1 last night, at a bit over 18k words. Had been intending to get on the server as a reward if I finished early, but Friday was a bad day and between that and the rush to get finished I had very little creative energy left(to the point where I spent almost an hour just reading a book to recharge), so that wasn't a thing that happened. Still miss you guys, still looking for times I'll be able to get on, but I'm not going to be interrupting the flow unless I have to. Maybe when I get deeper into act 2 I'll be able to find some good milestones to reward myself for reaching.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:49 pm 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

Update #3: Meant to post this last night, but was emotionally distraught due to something I'd just written and couldn't. I'm not talking dainty, ladylike tears, I'm talking full-on, snotty sobbing. The kind even a box of tissues can barely hold at bay. Anyway, doing slightly better now, so I can update. I'm sitting a little ways into the middle of the middle of the story. See the visual representation for a general idea of what that means.
I'm at a little over 42,000 words right now. I expect the story to come in somewhere in the realm of 90,000-100,000, though it might surprise me by wrapping up earlier or dragging on later. We'll have to see. I am slightly behind my goals, unfortunately, but that is what it is.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:00 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

Yendys wrote:
I'm not talking dainty, ladylike tears, I'm talking full-on, snotty sobbing.

That just makes me -really- want to read what you wrote.

I should be back Tuesday night! :) Hopefully whatever fun stuff my dad wants to greet me with won't last too late and I'll be able to hop on.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:28 pm 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

Update #4: I passed 50k on Tuesday night. By planned chapter count, I'm exactly halfway finished Act 2, which puts me on target for an expected finish date in the first week of December. In theory. "No plan survives first contact with the enemy players a novel."

Post Posted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:04 pm 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

Update #5: Finally finished Act 2, after a major setback this past weekend involving my entire household becoming accident-prone. I managed to avoid all hot and sharp things and have retained the use of both of my hands so far. Anyway, so far this monstrosity is clocking in at 82,688 words, which is an absolutely preposterous amount of words. I will leave you guys with a "Nanoism," which is something really silly that you type by accident while under the pressures of noveling hard, and a concept art teaser of a character costume.

Art teaser - I guess this is sort of a spoiler technically? But I figure if you haven't read the source material I'm writing from, then you won't have any idea what it is, and if you have read the source material, then it's not very much of a spoiler as you will know what's coming. Basically, the costume that was in canon was unsuitable for a female character(if you're curious, might want to avoid clicking at work and in front of your grandma), so I had to design my own.

Nanoism - This is courtesy of Alex's inner monologue, which is always charming: "[...] oh, that badturd. That smug f***ing badturd of a Mage [...]" The impressive part is that I typed it not once, but twice. It's kind of hilarious, but Alex almost certainly meant "bastard" both times, so I had to fix it.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:20 am 
Azkaban Escapee
Azkaban Escapee

Did you know that Sam is apparently the king of gossipmongering? The Latest Rumours thread has barely been touched since you went on hiatus. XD

Post Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:04 pm 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

Just because I post it doesn't mean Sam says it. I do agree with you that many people on the server do not post to that thread enough, hoping that word will spread organically, when we don't really have the population to support that. Either that, or legitimately nothing is happening.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:07 pm 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

Update #6: So, in a fit of insanity, I have decided to attempt to properly finish this thing in November. I believe I have 5 chapters of actual story left, plus an epilogue. I believe it's doable, though be warned, it might lead to an inability to type, think or otherwise function for some days afterwards. I'd just feel so bad if I hit midnight on the 1st and had something like 2 chapters remaining. That would majorly suck, coming so close and then not making it, you know?

Stats right now, going into the last 48 hours:
32 Chapters
199 Pages
97,043 Words

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1657 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 107, 108, 109, 110, 111  Next

Board index » General » Out of Character