WoHP Homepage    Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Server » The Daily Prophet

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Daily Prophet Articles
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:35 pm 
Game Master
Game Master

Attack on the Ministry

Once thought dead and gone, the infamous cult known only as the “Men in Orange” appears to have resurfaced once more. According to a statement made by the head Auror, only a few casualties were suffered from defending the Ministry along with the Men in Orange making off with a priceless object. Not much else is being released on the matter though the cult member who led the attack has been identified as none other than John Dranco. If you see this man, please avoid him at all costs and report any incidents to the Magical Law Enforcement Agency.

*a small sketch of John sits at the bottom of the article*

~~~~~

*following the next page...*

Murder in Pinboria

Yesterday afternoon a young witch’s body was found floating face-down in the water underneath Pinboria’s docks. Thanks to the thorough investigation of the Aurors, the body was identified as Lenna Allam, a 4th year student of Hogwarts: School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Cause of death is currently unknown.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:55 am 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

MINISTRY COMBATS WEREWOLF MENACE

Department of Werewolf Safety Officially Instituted
—Director is Dolores Umbridge

A Multitude of New Regulations Are Issued
Ministry Issues A Call for Cooperation and Order
Aurors Still Active

Deputy Minister of Magic and London Academy of Magic Professor Dolores Umbridge was today officially named the Director of Werewolf Safety for the newly instituted branch of the Ministry of Magic. As a first act immediately upon her appointment, the Director began signing new Ministry decrees. "These new Ministry decrees are primarily regulations intended to protect loyal, patriotic, law-abiding wizards and witches everywhere who do not wish to live in constant fear of imminent attack by their radical and subversive Lycan neighbors," Umbridge said.

One of the first decrees makes illegal any aiding or protecting of known or suspected werewolves. All tools, conveyances, habitats, and substances for the purpose of aiding or facilitating werewolves are also outlawed. The production, possession, distribution, or use of wolfsbane, or aconite, or any form of A. lycoctonum will command a sentence of no less than one year in Azkaban Prison.

Under another decree, local Wardens for the Department of Werewolf Safety are being named in every town and region of the nation today. Wardens will coordinate the search for Lycan radicals and pass information from lawful and healthful wizards and witches to the Ministry and Director Umbridge.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:46 pm 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

Werewolf Attacks in Hogsmead

Seventeen Slain—No Witnesses

Known Werewolves Disavow Connection
of Terrible Events—Form New Movement

Concerned Hogsmead citizens are up-in-arms today following attacks by werewolves. Several men—said to be upwards of seventeen to thirty-seven innocent victims were either killed or dangerously frightened by a "completely unprovoked and sudden onslaught" by an uncountable number of frenzied werewolves, according to sources. Most of the victims were innocent visitors to Hogsmead, and not even residents of the peaceful mountainside village of wizards and witches.

A group of prominent and well-known werewolves have filed a protest with the Ministry of Magic. These individuals—many of whom would be familiar to you, our readers—have furthermore formed a new movement, a political party to protect the supposed rights of werewolves. They have disbanded the existing Council on Werewolf Rights and are now calling themselves the Werewolf Liberation Front (WLF)—although some at the Ministry are already referring to them as the Werewolf Proliferation Front.

Ministry officials are recommending caution until the details of these events can be sorted out. However, unofficially, many within the Ministry are already calling for action to be taken immediately by the Minister of Magic in combating these threats.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:25 am 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

FIVE MEN SENT TO AZKABAN

For Examination Before Ministry Officials—Bail Is Refused

Others Arrested Here in
Clean-up Are Released
Aurors Still Active

Five London wizards, said to be actively connected with the local branch of the newly formed Werewolf Liberation Front, were taken to Azkaban Prison on a specially prepared train this afternoon by Ministry Aurors for examination by the Directory of Werewolf Safety—a new post Ministry Chief Auror Henderson tells us is to be filled by the Deputy Minister of Magic, Dolores Umbridge, herself. This effort is the latest result of the nation-wide round-up of "Lycans."

The wizards follow:
Joseph Leighton, operative, 2410 Moody Street.
Randall Chortwood, operative, 530 Crosby Street.
David Everton, shoe charmer, 610 Granger Street.
Stephen Arnovitch, shoe charmer, 720 Beacon Street.
William Matchmaker, unemployed, address unknown.

Two other persons, one a witch, the wife of Leighton, had been detained, but were released just before the other five were taken to the train.

Ministry Aurors combed the city last night and today, searching out wizards and witches of alleged werewolf proclivities and connections, as a part of the greatest round-up of Lycan radicals in the history of the nation, and as the result of raids upon a Lycan hall at 22 Middle Street and visits to a number of homes. Approximately 40 wizards and witches were taken to the Ministry for temporary detention and investigation.

Two wizards came to the Ministry this morning offering bail for the release of friends, but the Ministry officer informed them that he had been ordered not to consider bail and that the persons being detained would be held until further orders came to him.

Whether the round-up was for the purpose of securing passengers for the next special transport train to Azkaban or part of a well-orchestrated propaganda campaign intended to instill fear into the hearts of the wizards detained is not known, but it is said that deportation may be in store for those who are not approved by our Ministry of Magic's new Director of Werewolf Safety and who are found to have been active in spreading or adhering to the doctrines of radicalism in all its forms.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:37 pm 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

MINISTER DECLARES NATIONAL ALERT!
MORE WEREWOLVES ARRESTED, OTHERS AT LARGE

Cooperative Werewolves To Be Returned
to Their Families Until the Next Full Moon

Ministry Lycan Protection Camps
Hold Arrested Lycan Radicals,
Others Returned to Their Families

Ministry Wardens have arrested a handful of radical Lycans in the recent days after being thwarted by violent and unprovoked attacks during attempts to return them to their families after safeguarding their well-being and the well-being of those around them in Ministry-secured Lycan Protection Camps.

The Lycan Protection Camps, safe and secure locations for werewolves to roam on the night of the full moon together and away from innocent human victims, were established in time for the recent full moon under the direct supervision of the newly established Director of Werewolf Safety, Dolores Umbridge.

Werewolves were gathered several nights before the full moon to be transported to the camps. Riotous and violent behavior by a few of these dangerous radical Lycans delayed the return of werewolves to their families. Delays only served to cause further minor rebellions within the camps. "The belligerence we have seen thus far only serves to prove the danger that these radicals are to the public. The delays are regrettable, but the subsequent arrest of the radicals who chose to show their true colors through gratuitous violence is well-worth the extra effort. And although the heaviest burden of this great task falls squarely upon my little shoulders and fair brow, I promise these radicals will no longer pose a threat to proper humanity," Umbridge said, "and by that I mean upstanding wizards and witches, of course."

The Deputy Minister, Director Umbridge, and the Minister of Magic himself have both assured the press that the temporarily released werewolves would be kept under constant surveillance and supervision for their own protection and for that of the public.

In addition to the hostiles, arrests were also made for possession of Wolfsbane potion, six cases, all within one camp.

Director Umbrige has recently stated plans to organize a Radical Lycan Sanctuary within a few of the lower floors of Azkaban Prison. Umbridge continued, "This sanctuary will protect the rest of the prisoners from the very serious threat of the arrested radicals. Even convicted felons within Azkaban should not be subjected to the dangers these... 'individuals' represent."

Post Posted: Thu May 14, 2009 9:52 pm 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

HOGWARTS STUDENTS SHOW TRUE COLORS
STUDENTS BEHIND ATTACKS ON HOGSMEADE RESIDENTS

ImageHogwarts Students Impersonate
Werewolves, Possibly in League
with Lycan Radicals

Students of all Hogwarts Houses Riot,
Headmaster Albus Dumbledore Present,
Daily Prophet Reporter Assaulted

In a stunning and remarkable series of events, the students of Hogwarts declared war on the peaceful village of Hogsmead, and perhaps on the Wizarding World itself. Not only do we have first-hand accounts of this brazen and violent rioting by Hogwarts students, but thanks to the tremendous efforts of helpful students from the London Academy of Magic—who were staying in Hogsmead for a school research project at the time—we also have photographs of the night's events unfolding.*

Hogsmead Warden Vorenus Hawthorne, by authority of his recently granted position of authority, had organized a group of volunteers to defend the town on the night of the full moon after the unpleasant and unfortunate events of last month. Volunteer patrolman Harold Tandey witnessed several strangers invading the town. "I was doing the rounds when several of us noticed howling students impersonating werewolves. One of them was an animage. It was clear they intended us harm." [Full interview on page two!]

The animage Tandey mentions is none other than accused murderer and Hogwarts student Brennan Brask. The Daily Prophet has in previous articles gone on record saying Brask is a danger and should be expelled from Hogwarts and incarcerated at Azkaban Prison where he will no longer pose a threat to the wizards and witches of proper society.

ImageYours truly, Daily Prophet reporter Jake Johnson was myself attacked, detained, and threatened with torture by several smarmy-looking Hogwarts seventh years. It was by the skin of my teeth and through sheer good fortune, it seems, that I am here and able to write for you, dear readers. Thankfully, the skilled and determined volunteers of the Hogsmeade town guard were able to quell the student riot and restore order. Just as a dedicated London Academy student was taking the photograph shown at left, my abductors were distracted, and I was able to make my escape. My wand was stolen by the Hogwarts miscreants, however, and remains unaccounted for even as I write this.

The Hogsmeade mayor, Frederick Woodruff, has agreed under pressure from Albus Dumbledore not to press any legal charges against individual students so long as the ones responsible for this attack are all expelled. Some, including Mayor Woodruff, Warden Hawthorne, and in fact most of the residents of Hogsmeade, are saying that Hogwarts is too out of control and should be shut down. Most of Hogsmeade, including the Three Broomsticks, the Hog's Head, Madam Puddifoot's Teas House, and Honeyduke's Candy Shop are all planning on closing their doors to Hogwarts students. Students of the London Academy of Magic will still be welcomed, of course, Warden Hawthorne was quick to clarify. One professor of Hogwarts School is also said to be supporting the shutting down of the school, and it has been reported he is promising to see that any and all members of his House who were involved in the riots are expelled.

Deputy Minister of Magic and Director of Werewolf Safety, Dolores Umbridge has issued an official statement. "The Minister of Magic and I are in complete agreement with law-abiding wizards and witches everywhere when we say something must be done about the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and its rapidly deteriorating standards for education and conduct. I am shocked and horrified by the egregious actions of Hogwarts students and staff members. Albus Dumbledore must finally admit that he cannot or will not control his students and he must take responsibility for his profound failures and step down officially from his position at the erstwhile and so-called school so that things can be set to rights." A representative of the newly commissioned and prestigious London Academy of Magic has stepped forward to suggest that Hogwarts be placed under the jurisdiction of that school's governors.

Albus Dumbledore himself has made no comment thus far, and in fact attempted to exert his influence as a former Chief Warlock of the Wizengamot to suppress this story. Rest assured, dear reader, the Daily Prophet will never be silenced in our efforts to bring you the truth—however disturbing and terrible it may be.

* [//Note: The photographs in this article would be moving, wizard photographs, particularly showcasing the open hostilities and aggressive behavior of Hogwarts students.]

(Page 2 of the Daily Prophet article above)

Hogsmeade Victim of Hogwarts Student Riots Interviewed
by Jake Johnson, Daily Prophet Reporter

JJ: "Mister Tallow, clearly--"

BT: "Ay, call me Barney."

JJ: "Right, then. Barney,... It is highly regrettable you were injured by the Hogwarts students--"

BT: "Ay, you di'n't fare so well yerself, either, Mister."

[pause]

JJ: "Right, then. Mister... Barney, could you tell us exactly what happened?"

BT: ""Was doin' my rounds, wa'n't I? Me an' the rest of us night watchers was on patrol. Then I sees some Lycans—least we thought they was Lycans. One 'a them nice London Academy students who was stayin' at the Three Brooms starts a-cryin', and we notice one 'a them Lycans is already transformed. They was howlin' and growlin' somethin' terrible at us. Then next thing we know they's throwin' dung bombs and the like and attackin' us with all the strangest manner we ever did see from werefolk before. They weren't usin' no real, good hexes an' di'n't seem too skilled, see. An' when's the last you seen a werewolf throwin' a dungbomb, ay? When they came close enough, we notice that transformed Lycan ain't no wolf at all, but more a cat—like a lioness maybe."

JJ: "AH, yes, Brask. The animage."

BT: "As you say."

JJ: "But you and the other volunteers managed to wound the notorious Brask?"

BT: "Tha's right. We got 'im good. Once we knew they's only students, we got 'em all bottled up and handled."

JJ: "Brilliant. Can you tell us exactly what happened when the Headmaster, school nurse, and head girl arrived on the--?"

BT: "Say, I'm a bit thirsty."

[pause]

JJ: "Ah. Right. ...Rosmerta! Another round, please!"

[a shorter pause]

JJ: "So, Barney, you were being helped by your fellow volunteers and were able to see the Headmaster and his minions?"

BT: "'At's right. Dumbledore an' that nurse, an' that girl seemin' bein' with 'em... She sure looked mean an' fierce. He was angry his plans di'n't go off as expected, is what I think."

JJ: "Mister Tallow, are you suggesting that Headmaster Albus Dumbledore was behind the whole sordid business??"

BT: "Well, I ain't in the know, now, am I? All I says is if he's so powerful an' what, ain't no way he's letting them kids run riot without his knowin'. Ay?"

JJ: "Stunning. Simply marvelous. I mean terrible, of course. Thank you for your time, Barney."

BT: "Ay? Who was you, agin?"

Post Posted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:42 pm 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

HOGWARTS HEADMASTER RESIGNS

Hogwarts Headmaster Albus
Dumbledore Resigns, Hogwarts
Students Expelled, Suspended

Minerva McGonagall Replaces Dumbledore
As New Headmistress of Hogwarts

Albus Dumbledore has officially resigned his position as Headmaster following student riots in the peaceful town of Hogsmeade, near the school for Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Replacing Dumbledore is former Vice Headmistress Minerva McGonagall, who is already drawing attention as many are concerned that her failure as Vice Headmistress under Dumbledore will only be brought to her new post as Headmistress.

Replacing McGonagall as Head of Gryffindor House is ex-Auror Alabaster Moody, Professor for the Defense against the Dark Arts.

Along with Dumbledore's departure, students involved in the attacks on Hogsmeade are reportedly following his lead, after several expulsions and suspensions.

Reportedly among those expelled is suspected killer Brennan Brask, the animage who posed as a Lycan to provoke the volunteer guard formed by Warden Hawthorne of Hogsmeade.

"Many will see this as justice served," said Hawthorne. "This is the bare minimum. Hogwarts is a continuing threat to our peaceful town, and should be shut down."

Post subject: A Random News Article in Magical Papers
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:06 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

*In the "News Blotter" section of the paper*

Auror Slain
By: Rudolf Crosby

London, England (Prophet)- Off-Duty Auror Henry Goodrich was killed yesterday at his flat in London. Subsidary reports indicate that his fiance Catherine McGuiness; who was pregnant two months, was also injured in the attack. The details of the case have been with-held from the media pending a full investigation.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:02 pm 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

Daily Prophet, Page 3

Violence Still Reigns At Hogwarts

Visiting Academy Student the Latest Victim

Young Boy Suffers Unprovoked Attack
Possibly at the Hands of the Same Perpetrators
of Previous Acts Against Wizarding Society

Jake Johnson, London.
Appalled wizards and witches across the nation are once again reminded of the reasons for continuing review of the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry's charter. A certain official Ministry spokesperson, requesting anonymity, has assured the Daily Prophet and our faithful readers of the seriousness of the case building against the Scottish school. The Minister of Magic himself is said to be preparing to intervene, and has been holding high-level meetings with all relevant persons of note, including the full Hogwarts Board of Directors, London Academy of Magic Headmaster Moriarty Redwake, the beautiful and ever sharply attired Vice Headmistress Sabine Silverhawk, and the victim of the latest atrocities conducted by students of Hogwarts upon innocents, Theodore Jameson. The brave young London Academy boy appeared in person, despite his serious injuries, in order to give testimony.

Theodore, affectionately called Teddy by his many close friends at the London Academy of Magic where he is a student of good standing with excellent marks, was visiting the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry for his studies at school. "I wanted to write an essay for my History of Magic class on Hogwarts, seeing as how it's such an ancient old school and all, and how it used to have such significance in the wizarding world. It was for extra credit," the inquisitive little scholar confided, his poor, bruised face drooping with sadness after his traumatic ordeal. Young Mister Jameson had become separated from his escort and was chased from the Hogwarts castle by several crazed belligerents who trapped him out on the grounds, stripped him of his wand and cast it into the lake, and then pummeled and beat him with their fists and heavy boots, Muggle fashion. With a brutality undeserved even by Lycans and other radical elements, defenseless Teddy was severely injured and humiliated. Several other Hogwarts students looked on and did nothing, Theodore said in his statement.

ImageHogwarts Warden Severus Snape, also a noted professor of considerable reputation and Hogwarts Potions Master, arrived in London to return young Mister Jameson's wand in person and was thanked by the Minister of Magic and London Academy officials, as well as by the grateful boy.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:15 pm 
Azkaban Warden
Azkaban Warden

Page 6, Weather

Bizarre Autumn Snowstorm
by Isabella Stormfront

As reported in numerous broadcasts by the Wizarding Wireless Network yesterday, an early snowstorm struck the Scottish countryside, blanketing the land in nearly a foot of snow. Muggles are attributing it to a new weather pattern, but many on our side claim there are sinister forces at work...

Post Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:25 pm 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

ST. MUNGO'S HOSPITAL TO BE EXPANDED

Entire New Wing to be Added to Existing Structure

New Wing Will Be Dedicated to the
Eradication of Cross-Societal Diseases

by Piers Pearsome, London

St. Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries has officially announced the planned expansion of the venerable institution—the first of its kind since the hospital was founded in 1600. One man, the renowned alchemist and wealthy philanthropist, Aleksanteri Talonen will fund the entire project.

St. Mungo's remains the only institution of its kind in Wizarding Britain. St. Mungo's was of course founded by the famous Healer, Mungo Bonham, traditionally said to be named after Saint Mungo, aka Saint Kentigern, the patron saint of Glasgow who was considered the first Bishop of Scotland. Local Muggle-Scottish tradition also tells that Saint Mungo baptized a bard named Merlin on a large boulder near Stobo. Of course, historically astute wizards and witches know Merlin was actually a druid. Lord Bonham also gave the wizarding hospital its famous emblem: a wand crossed with a bone.

Reception will remain in its current location—through the enchanted portal in the window of the apparently condemned muggle department store, Purge and Dowse, Ltd. For hundreds of years, and through the considerable precautions of the Ministry of Magic and the tireless efforts of the enchanted gatekeeper—a dummy dressed in muggle styles which only allows self-declaring witches and wizards into the hospital, muggles have believed the advert on the glass window front telling them the red brick building is "closed for refurbishment." A spokeswitch for St. Mungo's stated the hope that additional funds might be procured to update the reception area, which currently also doubles as the visitors' entrance and emergency room waiting area. "If we're really lucky, we might even be able to afford an updated subscription to Witch Weekly," she added.

The new wing will explore "complementary" medicine such as cures drawn from ancient folklore, and perhaps even muggle science. For centuries, the welcoming sight of Healers clad in uniform lime green robes hurrying busily through the magically enlarged interior has been a reassurance to witches and wizards from all over Britain. In some exceptional cases, St. Mungo's Hospital has even treated muggles. Aleksanteri Talonen has specified that his endowment should go toward combatting plagues, illnesses, diseases, and all afflictions which may affect not only wizards and witches, but muggles as well.

ImageAleksanteri Talonen was once practically a household name. Talonen was himself a student at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. A confidante of former Hogwarts Headmaster Albus Dumbledore (current whereabouts unknown), Talonen, a Hufflepuff, is known to have looked up to the older Gryffindor. Though not close during their school years, Talonen and Dumbledore later became correspondents and, some say, good friends. Talonen is most famous for his explorations of micro-substantive Transfiguration, his numerous efforts expanding our understanding of Apparation, and later his many wonderful contributions to kitchen magic.

It turns out there are other, interesting connections between St. Mungo's and Hogwarts School. Dilys Derwent was a St. Mungo's Healer from 1722-1741 before becoming Headmistress of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry from 1741-1768. A famous former temporary resident of St. Mungo's Hospital on more than one occasion, acclaimed Hogwarts professor of Defense Against the Dark Arts Gilderoy Lockhart was enthusiastic for our interview, but was unfortunately too busy when the time came to give us any anecdotes about his experiences at and opinions of St. Mungo's and the planned changes.

Aleksanteri Talonen's enormously generous gift far outstrips any previous contributions to St. Mungo's Hospital, or indeed, perhaps to any such charitable efforts of any kind. Even the gracious support for St. Mungo's from Lucius Malfoy over the years pales in comparison.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:26 pm 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

Page 3

New Minister Appointed
by Ted Sneed

ImageMinister of Magic Cornelius Fudge has appointed a new Minister of Education, a press briefing from the Ministry of Magic Press Office announced today. Bentley Clayworth of Hampstead, formerly a local representative and liaison with the Ministry's Department of Education and then an independent consultant and lobbyist, is the newly appointed Minister of Education. The new Minister has already assumed his duties and his office is expected to announce staff changes and a new, re-focused agenda later this afternoon.

Bentley Clayworth is not new to the Ministry. In addition to his previous work with the Department of Education, Clayworth has also served on several important committees. For two years, Mr. Clayworth served as a consultant for the prestigious lobbying firm of Newton, Worlington, & Ord.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:33 pm 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

HOGWARTS BEHEADED AGAIN

Hogwarts Headmistress Minerva
McGonagall Arrested As A Lycan

Warden Snape to Take Up Mantle
As New Hogwarts Headmaster

by Jake Johnson

ImageOnce again our worst fears have been confirmed where Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry is concerned. Yesterday afternoon, on the very day of a full moon, aurors were dispatched by the Department of Magical Law Enforcement for a surprise raid on that wretched hive of radicalism and violence. The Headmistress herself, Minerva McGonagall, registered shapechanger and a lifelong supporter of liberal and radical approaches to the education of our children blessed by the gift of magical abilities, has been taken into custody.

Deputy Minister Martin Purdue of the Ministry of Safety announced that McGonagall is in detention by the Department of Magical Law Enforcement under direction of the newly mandated Ministry of Safety and Welfare. Minister Umbridge herself came forward to comment on the grim news. "I never thought I should have to see the day when one like her, that is—one so entrusted with such terribly misplaced authority over our children and their little minds...." Here, Deputy Minister Perdue seemed to provide a gentle correction in Minister Umbridge's ear before she continued, revising her statement. "...yes, yes, children and their young, impressionable minds...err, that a werewolf should teach in our schools! You can be certain such things will not be the case since I am Safety Ministress."

Assuming the post of Hogwarts Headmaster will fall upon Potions Master Severus Snape, who also retains the title and duties of Ministry of Safety and Welfare Warden for Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Professor Snape is an accomplished and experienced educator with a wide range of skills and knowledge from which to draw in running the operation of Hogwarts School. Perhaps this will result in an improvement of the deplorable situation there for these past few years. The ever-resplendent Vice Headmistress Sabine Silverhawk arrived in person at the Daily Prophet offices shortly before this edition went to print with an official statement of support for Headmaster Snape from London Academy Headmaster Redwake and his staff.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:34 pm 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

Ministry of Magic Redefines Education

New Ministry of Education and Enlightenment

ImageMinister Bentley Clayworth to Spearhead Efforts
—Now Minster of Education and Enlightenment

by Ted Sneed, London

Minister of Magic Cornelius Fudge's office confirmed the announcement by the Ministry Press Office earlier today that the Department of Education will now officially be called the Ministry of Education and Enlightenment. Minister Clayworth gains the new ministerial title and his duties will be expanded.

Minister Clayworth and his recently vetted staff will oversee all education efforts, determine policies, and develop curricula for wizards and witches nationally. Both major institutions of magical learning—the prestigious and progressive London Academy of Magic and of course also Hogwarts School—will fall directly under the Ministry's purview and jurisdiction. Additionally, all independent organizations of magical learning, and even home schools will now be required to report to the Ministry of Education and Enlightenment and follow that distinguished body's recommendations and requirements without exception. Violators will be immediately held accountable and the Ministry of Education and Enlightenment has been empowered to practice wand removal upon summary judgment, without trial.

Minister Clayworth followed the announcement by giving a brief, heartfelt statement of his own in person. "As I am certain is abundantly clear, the Ministry of Education and Enlightenment is not intended to be an institution for the enacting of punitive or retributive measures. The Ministry's agenda is one of expert correction, in answer to the flagging efforts currently experienced in certain corners of the wizarding world, through pristine example and no tolerance whatsoever for any failure to comply with our striving toward the goal of providing the best possible environs for the shaping of our future generations."

When questioned about the recent events at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, the rapidly declining reputation of the once respected institution, and the latest arrest of Hogwarts' headmistress, Minister Clayworth deigned not to comment at this time.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:36 pm 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

Ministry of Safety and Welfare Established

New Ministry to Oversee Law Enforcement Efforts

Formerly Director of Werewolf Safety Dolores
Umbridge Now Minister of Safety and Welfare

Minister of Magic Cornelius Fudge has issued yet another bold decree, announcing via this morning's press briefing the renaming of the Department of Werewolf Safety and expanding its scope and mission. The former Ministry department will now be the Ministry of Safety and Welfare. Director Dolores Umbridge will remain at the head of the new Ministry with a promotion to Minister of Safety and Welfare. Assistant Director Martin Perdue will also continue on as Deputy Minister of Safety and Welfare.

The overriding and urgent mission of the Ministry of Safety and Welfare will be to lead the unified national effort to secure the country and preserve our freedoms. While the Department is being created to secure our country against those who seek to disrupt the wizarding way of life, its charter also includes preparation for and response to all hazards and disasters. Wizards and witches throughout the nation will have the utmost confidence that the Ministry can execute both of these missions.

The Ministry of Safety and Welfare will act to secure our wizarding world nation and protect it against conventional and unconventional attacks by radicals and subversives. It will pursue its crucial mission of ensuring that our people are protected and prepared by pushing resources from the backrooms to the front lines, coordinating Ministry efforts, and allocating resources to meet the greatest vulnerabilities. Simultaneously, the Ministry of Safety and Welfare will work to streamline and improve human resources for the entire spectrum of magical law enforcement. The Ministry will also accomplish the difficult task of merging all disparate security agencies and programs into an effective, efficient organization that minimizes unnecessary redundancy and promotes accountability.

The system and structure of safety wardens across the nation will remain largely unchanged. All wardens will now report directly to Deputy Minister Perdue.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » Server » The Daily Prophet