WoHP Homepage    Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Server » The Daily Prophet

Post subject: Wiz World
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:17 am 
Game Master
Game Master

NOTE: This thread pertains to anyone who may own a magical wireless (radio), knows someone who owns one and listens via that, or some other reasonable RP reason.

*While channel surfing on a wizard wireless, a mysterious voice appears on one of the channels that was once unused*

Greetings chil-dren, I am your host Specter and you're listening to the newly founded channel, Wiz World. Here on Wiz World, I your most gracious host, Specter, will be delivering folks with the latest and greatest news, opinions, gossip, etc.

This may be old news for some and new to others but we all eventually heard about the young cultist kid caught at Hogwarts last year right? ...or at least that's what the Aurors tell us. Well, it appears someone made a boo boo in their judgment. Word around the grape vine is some young chap has found some things faulty with the trial... Uh-Oh... Looks like someone messed up. I wonder who it is? Only time will tell.

Also I got a couple belated shout outs to everyone... Happy Halloween and all that jazz. Sorry its so late but as you can put together, Wiz World wasn't quite ready for you when the holiday came. Another shout out goes to all my listeners of muggle decent. Sorry kids, I flunked muggle studies but apparently you had yourself a holiday yesterday. Sounds fantastic. Bonfires, sweets, partying. Now that sounds like a great holiday if you ask me.

Speaking of holidays, Christmas is just around the corner. Make sure to dress warmly, if not ask good ol' St. Nick for something warm. I'm sure he'll donate. Also try and get your shopping done. Its always a bummer to be a last minute shopper.

Not sure how many of you cats read the Daily Prophet but there has been some articles coming out by a new writer. Goes by the name John Dranco. Not much I can say except that he writes like any other Prophet writer. Apparently the last couple articles he's done have been about a certain professor at a local school. Is it just me or does Mr. Dranco have a personal vendetta against this professor.

Yours truly, has also come across rumors that said professor is also involved in some kind of scandal in the small wizarding town of Pinboria. Not quite sure what's going on there. Could be fact, could be fiction. The world may never know.

But don't worry kids. Specter's here to help find facts in that big pile of fiction. So until next time chil-dren. This is Specter and I'm outta here...

*The channel goes dead and returns to its white noise.*

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:46 pm 
Game Master
Game Master

*While channel surfing on a wizard wireless, a mysterious voice appears on one of the channels that was once unused*

Greetings chil-dren, it is I Specter. Your informant from the beyond. Now listen up kiddies because Specter has a bit of news. It appears the little village of Hogsmead and Hogwarts were exploding with excitement yesterday. Quite literally I might add.

According to reports white tigers were seen running around the area. Sure a pack of blood thirsty tigers can be crazy folks, but that's not the kicker. These tigers apparently explode with with magical energy when provoked.

So kiddies, if you see stray white tigers, I suggest you get away immediately. Besides them eating your face off, they could explode on you.

For those curious about that school of witchcraft and wizardry, it apparently fared well. Only a couple injuries from the initial surprise attack of these exploding tigers. But luckily the all wise Headmaster, Dumbledore, along with the staff were able to safely put the school in a state of lock-down as the remaining tigers were dealt with.

This is just speculation here kiddies but you remember what Specter reported about that Professor, right? Could it be the workings of him? ...or perhaps some strange attack by those Men in Orange? *coughs* I'm sorry, I forgot... Our Ministry says they don't exist anymore... BWAHAHAHAHAHA!! Children, I try not to scare you but try and recall how many times they've been wrong about these Men in Orange...

Anyways... That's all the time Specter has so until next time chil-dren...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:42 pm 
Game Master
Game Master

Duh-na-na-nuh! It's news time chil-dren.

For those who read the Daily Prophet, you may have noticed that a articles from the Prophet's newest employee aren't showing up anymore. Kind of strange, no? One can only guess as to what happened to this journalist. Could have been demoted, fired, or even out there looking for that big hit that would put the paper on the map. Who knows... The poor bastard probably stumbled across some Men in Orange and now has his body laying in a ditch somewhere...

Here's something interesting for you kiddies... According to some sources, that cultists kid from a year ago, well he had his trial the other day... Apparently the person defending him had some really hard evidence clearing his name because he's back on the streets. I must say that Mr. Black and his attourney did a smashing good job. If you're listening Mr. Black, good luck with the future and enjoy the fresh air.

That's all for today's show. This is Specter, bringing you the new and true from the great beyond, and I'm outta here.

Post subject: Re: Wiz World
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:27 pm 
Game Master
Game Master

Greetings chil-dren, it is I, Specter. Your informant from the beyond. For those who enjoy our broadcast, we're sorry that we've been missing. But we're back and we have some hot topics for you...

A couple weeks ago it was reported that the Men in Orange made an attack on the Ministry once again... I'm not usually one for saying "I told you so..." Well, maybe I am, but "I told you so." Perhaps the Ministry can think of something smarter than denying the undeniable truth.

Oh, speaking of that incident kiddies, apparently the ring leader of that attack was none other than that Daily Prophet writer I was talking about awhile back. According to some old reports I dug up, this John Dranco had dealings with the Men in Orange before, supposedly trying to defeat them but ultimately failing. I guess like that old saying "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em." Though in ol' Specter's opinion, that's a piss poor organization to join...

On another note, our latest topic are these werewolf regulations recently placed. "Protection from Lycanthrope neighbors." That excuse is lamer than FDR's legs. To those whom don't know him, he was a famous American Muggle whom was confined to a wheel chair. This bigot is as ignorant as they come. Besides the fact that werewolves are people too, you're telling us to destroy everything that stops them from becoming our fears. Your regulations are doing nothing but inciting werewolf attacks due to them lacking the means to help themselves.

Children, if you choose not to listen, that's fine with me. But I urge you to use your mind and think this through. This is nothing more than a half-assed law created by a bigot. This law will harm you and our furry friends. So do what's right and fight the good fight.

Anyways... That's all the time Specter has for today kiddies... Remember, chin-up and keep fighting the good fight.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:10 pm 
Game Master
Game Master

Greetings Chil-dren, it is I, Specter. Your informant from the beyond. Seems like ol' Specter here has a bit of news for ya kiddies. But be warned this content is not for the faint of heart...

According to some inside sources, the Queen of Mean, the poster child of bigotry, Miss Dolores Umbridge was found torturing students at Hogwarts. According to reports they were forced to wear vests made of these fliers that have been choking the magical community. Get this kiddies, these "vests" are magically enchanted to cause rash, boils, and give the wearer a sense of their skin peeling off...

Horrific and monstrous, I know... A mundane form of that dreaded spell, Crucio, if you ask me. Maybe I'm a softy but Crucio on a child for having an opinion? Is this what you people want? Having your own flesh and blood Crucio'ed behind your back, without your consent, without trial!? Your babies are being tortured!! Speak up!!

It saddens me children that we have entered such dark times... Especially after the 'Men in Orange' activity had just started quieting down...

Though fear not chil-dren! Darkness always comes before the dawn! So live on and one day that light will shine!!

Post Posted: Sat May 16, 2009 8:58 pm 
Game Master
Game Master

Children children children... Have we not learned anything? Fighting fire with fire only makes a bigger fire... That's right, I'm talking about you kiddies down at Hogwarts. They threw a punch and you hit back... Like the saying goes, the one who throws the second punch is the one to get punished... I'll give it to ya Hogwarts students, you may have a good hearts and good intentions, but the way you go about it is doing nothing for you but darkening you path...

That is why I, Specter, your informant from the beyond, is here to shine some light on the path you travel.

In latest news, pretty much all our furry friends have been tagged and bagged. So if you hear howling, its most likely a ruse. To weed out any shortsighted opposition of the Ministry. ...and to all our strays still roaming the streets, god's speed to you all when the dog catcher's come.

A quick friendly reminder to you kiddies... Every time a bell rings, an angel gets its wings.

Last but not least, Wiz World has a public service announcement...
The venison in Southampton, Scotland, London and the Highlands has gone bad. So if you're enjoy the scenery or camping in that area. I suggest staying clear.

That's all for today's show. This has been Specter, bringing you the truth, and not a truth. ...and I am outta here.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:38 pm 
Game Master
Game Master

Greetings Chil-dren, it is I, Specter. Your informant from the beyond. Just thought I would give y'all a friendly reminder. To stay in doors tomorrow evening. The dog catchers will be out and in force to put chains on all those that try and start anything. Those who narrowly escaped chains last month, just bend the knee for now. Ol' Specter will keep you informed.

That's all for today's show. This has been Specter, bringing you the new and true from the great beyond, and I'm outta here.

Board index » Server » The Daily Prophet