WoHP Homepage    Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Server » The Daily Prophet

Post subject: Crimson and Geist
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:23 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

//This thread is not to be used by anyone but myself and others that may later be allowed. Also it is important to understand that this will only work with PC's that have Wizarding wirelesses. Also if you feel inclined it's fun to listen to the music that will usually be posted within the post

//Also PM me with IC letters that may be collected at the Post

The beeping subsides as it is pressed and and a light static over takes the radio before clearing. Followed by a loud gong "Good evening Hogwarts and Hogsmeade. How are you all doing in the glorious night? The stars high and the life..." Pauses. "...Beautiful."

"Some of you may have already guessed exactly who I am."

"I am Crimson the lord of the wire and gaurdian of all. Fiend of the night and angel of day. However, I am your friend so sit tight and listen closely. Before we get to far ahead of ourselves, let me introduce you to.... Geist. Take it away."

"Greetings to you all at Hogwarts, and Hogsmeade. I am Geist, the Spirit of Peace."

"So now, you may be wondering who are these people? We're esentially your very first radio station."

"So let me explain what we are all about."
He pauses. "The biggest mistakes have seemed to begun around this fine established town and school. Unfortunate events taking over - Men in Orange, Exploding Cats, Werewolves, and Polymorphic beasts"

"More recently we have focus'd to bring about this ideal due to a certain Hogsmeade Event. Yes, sir. The full moon of two months past."

"All you kids wanted to be hero's or so it seems and all went south and managed to do nothing but freak and entire society to pieces. Now I ask.... what were you all thinking?"

"A true man tries not to combat the world directly. A true woman does not stand blindly against her foes. No, no. They work as a team, in a society. A society that has rules and levels."

"Now, I am not saying that you shouldn't break the rules for the greater good... or that you should accept rules you don't like. So maybe you have a problem with these werewolves."

"Maybe they seem like they are doing no harm at all, then again... Maybe these rules are going to help. Who knows not I."

*A few seconds pass.*

"Let me put it this way, we are here for you to listen... we are here for you to talk and to let you know that you are heard."

"So if you have a problem with a Ministry law, we advise you to write a letter. I am sure the Ministry is more than happy to read any complaints or upsets. This may also help you get what you want changed."

"So now...let me ask you."

"Get up and off you rear. Then walk to the nearest window and look at the nights sky, illuminated by the stars and the moon."

"And have a listen....to this."

Silence over comes the radio followed by light shufflng as live music appears to take over the radio.

"What did you think? What did you really, really think?"

"Has light been brough to your eyes through Geists rendition of the Moonlight Sonata?"

"With your soul and heart soothed. I and Geist leave you tonight with one last sentence."

"The world is full of demons, chaos, darkness, and hell - but that does not mean life is at its end, it of course means we are at the begining of new wave, a new light. This is Crimson and Geist and we are more than happy to bring you the news, music, and fun."

"Signing off. Sleeptight, Hogsmeade. Sleeptight, Hogwarts."

"Ah, one more thing our owl Molly would loooooove to hear from you. We have a small basket at the Hogsmeade post office that she will be picking up daily. Anything you want addressed or say to us. Please do!"

A light gong is sounded and the static returns momentarily allowing an eerie feeling that the moonlight sonata may have left imprinted on them. Then silence.

Post subject: Re: Crimson and Geist
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:37 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

The beeping resides into a low hum, "Greetings, Hogsmeade and Hogwarts." A gong is sounded. "It is I, Crimson. Along with me is the ghost who knows the most --Geist."

"Now we've noticed already that we've gotten some attention from Hogsmeade already. Only one letter to be addressed today," the sound of a letter tearing into the microphone. "From a Mister M. Dear Mister Crimson, aw isn't that sweet... well... Dear Mister Crimson, Many of Hogsmeade still has some trouble grasping at why Hogwarts students were being so wreckless and causing trouble. We've finally come to a relaxed state where we can feel welcoming to them once more, but we still are kind of nervous about them." He pauses and sighs.

"Did you hear that out there? Man, times are really bad if a town has to fear a school... but you know what!? We actually were planning on talking about something similar, but first... I'd like you to listen to a song sang by yours truely, Crimson... and played by the pianopuppeteer Geist."

The sound quiets as music starts to enter the scene.

"Hello again, Hogwarts and Hogsmeade. Children, adults, and elders alike. I am Geist, and I am pleased to be here with you all tonight." He takes a moment to pause before continuing, "There is much to be said about the world today. Everything seems so difficult, does it not? --- However, hope is not lost. Hope is a beacon of light amongst an ocean of darkness, and it shines out like a star for all who seek peace and unity."

"Oh boy, Geist, isn't that the truth."

"The world is a difficult place to exist in, but those who keep hope, and strive for peace and unity, will find that it grows easier with time. Especially in these trying times, where everyone seems to see nothing but faults in others, unity is key to anything. Not just among those of you listening tonight, no. Among all of Wizard-kind."

"So to those lovely little Hogwarts kids, how can they make that difference matter and become well known as one of the -best- schools in the world?"

"All you students out there, who wish to make a difference...this is how you can. Work together, stop arguing and fighting amongst yourselves, and work -with- others to make the world better. Do some community projects in run down areas. Set up a park for children to play in. Do activities that help to foster friendship and unity, and learn to live and work together." Geist falls silent.

"Man, wasn't that beautiful." The slight static appears over the wireless before fading, "People, I'm going to tone it down and let you know what i'd like to do. I'm going to keep my owl waiting to pick up messages at Hogsmeade post office with questions, comments, concerns....and more importantly --- if you have any ideas or events you'd like to do, to protect this beautiful world. Thanks alot, people... signing off."
The static returns.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:49 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

The beeping ceases static immediately taking over. Then suddenly a piano appears to start playing.

(Do your best to ignore the claping :-p pain finding a good one.)

"Good evening, beautiful London. You can finally hear us too! Why is that? --- because we have our friends at the LiveWire shop in Diagon Alley. Oh and by the way that was me, Crimson, singing and playing another muggle song called Werewolves of London." *He pauses.* "I want to be honest today, I want to talk about the Werewolves that everyone is freaking out over, worried for sure that they may be attacked tonight. So ol' Crimson is just gonna tell you what you need to do. Stay inside, keep a friend close, and don't get any ideas on running outside to play hero for anyone else, unless you really honestly have no choice."

"Now, I'm not saying let people die. I'm saying help yourself survive. There is no need for more suffering if it can be avoided. So all you kiddies at the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, please -stay inside. London and London Academy if you are listening out there, you all do the same keep safe at all costs. You kids are the future and we need everyone of you. The rest of London, Hogsmeade and anywhere else this broadcast touches --- Please, watch out for yourselves. Be careful tonight."

"Unfortunately it's about time for me to get to safety as well. So please, by all means... don't do anything irrational tonight. Remember, If you do see a werewolf... they are people too. Don't go aiming your wand and just start shooting whatever you can... you could hurt or kill somebody. Somebodies Aunt, somebodies Uncle, neice, nephew, son, daughter, mother, father, grandmother, grandfather... You don't want to have to live with that, so all you werewolf hunters out there. Please, don't."

"Have a nice night."

*A loud howl appears over the wireless.*

*The sound cuts out very suddenly.*

Post Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:36 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

The beeping ceases with static taking over, afterwards. A guitar begining to play after a few seconds.

"Good morning, all those who are listening. I, Geist, will be speaking with you today. For those wondering, that song was 'Hurt', which brings up the issue at question today...Suffering." He pauses briefly, a contemplative silence stretching a span of a few seconds.

"Everyone suffers to an extent...but some choose to cause suffering. I'm sure everyone listening knows at least one person who causes suffering, and enjoys it. These people are the lowest of the low, folks. They deserve nothing except pity and disgust at what they are."

"Suffering comes in many forms. Some say suffering makes you stronger...maybe that is so, but not all suffering does." A brief pause, letting the statement sink in, before continuing. "You learn and suffer as you grow, and you grow as you learn...this is true for life, love, and for anything else. However, some suffering simply ruins the quality of life for those enduring it. It attempts to snuff out Hope, and keep these people downtrodden and depressed."

"Those inflicting and causing the suffering are people who deserve both disdain and pity. Disdain, because they willingly choose to inflict suffering upon others, and make others have worse lives. Pity, because they are so low that that is the only thing that they know to do to make themselves happy."

"So those suffering under these individuals...Band together. Don't let them push and get away with it. Get together, and make it stop." His tone stressing sincerity, as he continues. "I'm not telling you to make them suffer, people...I'm telling you that these people usually try to isolate individuals, and don't target groups. By banding together, by showing that you are not alone, you force these people to stop."

"And to those causing suffering...reconsider your actions. Wake up, and realize that what you are doing is disgusting, and harming the world and the quality of life everyone can have."

"Everything that is wrong in the world is caused by people who inflict suffering on others. These actions lower the quality of life for everyone, not just those directly suffering, but those indirectly suffering because it is a friend, a brother, a sister, an aunt, an uncle, a mother, a father, or any other connection that is suffering."

"I leave you, this morning, with this last message..." A very brief pause. "Live, love, hope, grow, forgive, and unify. Good day people, and Peace be with you."

The sound cuts off, and the static returns.

Board index » Server » The Daily Prophet