WoHP Homepage    Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Server » The Daily Prophet

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 359 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: A Group to 'Year' Together
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:36 pm 
Azkaban Inmate
Azkaban Inmate

Apologies for putting this in the Roleplay forum, but honestly I think it fits here best out of all the other forums considering the OOC forum is for things not IC, which this ultimately is. [Now moved to this thread instead, since it's an ongoing event and this discussion is OOC. -JB]

Now, to get started. I have had the idea for a while, and Jennie just brought it up in a different thread, about starting a group of characters that are always in the same year. I have a new character in the works that I plan on bringing around sometime after the new curriculum is introduced and it would be awesome if we could get a group going before then. We can keep track of it all in this thread, and even play with character ideas: getting input, if you want to play a twin combo, cousins, close friends etc.

Each IG year with us would span a few months, open for discussion. Sign below if you want to join, toss out your ideas, anything that you think will help. I'll have my character name below just so it's started up, but don't feel pressured to have anything made up already!

------------------------------

Members:
CircusClown as: Trenten Andras Hughes
Nikblade as: Theodore Pope
Banana Pancakes as: Gwendolyn Linette Hughes
BSMCG as: Ayin Mesmer
theJester as: Nella Sophia de'Medic
ShacadiaShay as: Charlotte Alexis Grey IV
celticxfaerie as: Ashlee Dawn Gardner
Pwncess as: Desiree Silvaris Muse
Suriell as: Brian Audrey
Rakashak as: Abigail Feltz
Rolan Colt as: Alex Alorian (( No Bio, Free Sorting ))
CloakedSchemer as: Celine Emmette
thelastmoment as: Harvey Trent Downs
Earaldor as: Ryan Maddock (( Mini-Bio in this thread, Free Sorting ))
xrere as: Brandon Raine
Zimarra as: Aurora Lynn Gardner
Arinu as: Zephyrus Syden
Jennie-Bear as:
Misty as:
West as: Jacob York

Last edited by CircusClown on Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:30 am, edited 24 times in total.

Post subject: Re: OOC -- A group to 'year' together...
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:00 pm 
Azkaban Inmate
Azkaban Inmate

Meeeeee! :D But I already told you that I would do this with you, so. :D

Πάνω απ 'όλα, φύλακας καρδιά σου, επειδή είναι η ανεξάντλητη πηγή της ζωής. Παροιμίες 4:23

Post Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:04 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

hmmmm thats kind of like what Caitlyn, Matthew, Rowan, and I started doing...waiting to year up when everyone else did....I think its a great Idea and if I have to make a new character for the group to year I will!

Post Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:09 pm 
Forum Troll King

Hey. I'm interested in joining the RP group and am open to different character types as well as pre-established relationships that anyone wants to make (family members, friends, etc). I'll play a character of any house (leaning towards Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff) except Slytherin; already trod that ground too much with my main PC. I'd preferably like to make a character sharing houses with other players in the group (being alone at curfew sucks).

Just as a starter for this, I'll throw a character idea out there. Willing to change it for the purposes of the group or whatever.

Name: Theodore "Theo" Pope
Quick descriptor: Theo's a muggleborn Hufflepuff boy with a penchant for electronics. From the start he'll be frustrated at the failings of things like his mp3 music player and portable gaming systems. As time passes he'll start dabbling in the creation of his own minor magical electronic devices, like watches with letters instead of numbers that can communicate with each other (just as an example).

Hit me up with proposals, requests or ideas.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:13 pm 
Azkaban Inmate
Azkaban Inmate

First order of business! How do we handle the group? Will it be purely a group that is just always in the same year and whatever RP that forms friendships happens based on how you design your character, or will we force the hand a little bit and try to make a group that works well together thus having some instant RP.

I rather prefer the former suggestion, but with a little DM intervention to actually let the characters from different houses get to know each other. Perhaps seating arrangements in the classes that the professors would actually care, like Flitwick? Or if not seating arrangements, partners with the work, that aren't necessarily who you're sitting next to.

Something like that! Discuss! Form other questions to be discussed, etc!

Also, to touch on Nik's character idea :: It wouldn't be magical electronic devices, since technically electricity doesn't work around magic. Devices of the sort run strictly on magical energy... if I'm not mistaken. Almost positive though, I had done a little research on it a month or so back.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:21 pm 
Azkaban Inmate
Azkaban Inmate

I kind of like the idea of having them all be in the same House. It helps to foster the friendship/rivalry that may happen.

Πάνω απ 'όλα, φύλακας καρδιά σου, επειδή είναι η ανεξάντλητη πηγή της ζωής. Παροιμίες 4:23

Post Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:22 pm 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

I believe that's why Nik said his PC would be frustrated, Zach.

And I'll be happy to support this grand experiment with classes and such, so long as we can swing it alongside all our other duties and current projects. And I'd be keen to have CnE throwing in our current ideas for the new curric, even if it's not ready, yet.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:23 pm 
Game Master
Game Master

As an unofficial attache to this group, I'd like to mention my potential part in the workings. In addition to the yearing up together, I'd like to run some events for these students that we generally don't get to do in our server. Some specific ones being the Hogwarts Express ride to school (inviting a bunch of other students willing to RP going back to school to fill the train up with the variety of years of students it would have). An actual Sorting, again with the GH filled with other students watching the Sorting Hat deliberate (got a few ideas for this one). Perhaps a class or two here and there just for them, that would make sense. A flying class, for example, in their first year. Perhaps a closing feast of some kind for their years ending.

Lots of stuff like this is possible, and would all have to be scheduled. The benefit of keeping your old characters is that you'll have something else to do while your characters in this group are tied up with something (if they end up tied up - for example, if we RP the Express ride, but can' get to the Sorting for a few days or a week, you can leave these characters sit).

Shifty are the eyes of the gambler...

Post Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:28 pm 
Forum Third Year
Forum Third Year

If I can find where I put my discs, I'd love to make a new character for this group. Sign me up! ^-^

Post Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:29 pm 
Azkaban Inmate
Azkaban Inmate

I understood that JB, but then he went on with "creation of his own minor magical electronic devices" which wouldn't be electronic at all, technically, if they were to work. :P

Post Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:12 pm 
Forum Troll King

CircusClown wrote:
I understood that JB, but then he went on with "creation of his own minor magical electronic devices" which wouldn't be electronic at all, technically, if they were to work. :P

I meant magical versions of electronic devices, which I was sure people would understand. =P

I'd prefer us all being held together by something. Maybe a group of friends, maybe something else. Otherwise it'd be the same as me RPing any other PC, except that I just so happen to be the same year as your characters. I very much like the idea of us all being from the same house and sharing classes. It'd have a very similar feel to the group that formed in the books. Which is a good thing.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:15 pm 
Azkaban Inmate
Azkaban Inmate

I thought you may have, I just wanted to make sure it was clear. >_>;

I like the same house idea, but I think we could stray a bit from it. Maybe pick two specific houses? (Considering in the books they -did- do classes like that.)

I'm set on my character being a Slytherin though, no matter what we choose. ^^;

Post Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:34 pm 
Azkaban Inmate
Azkaban Inmate

Hufflepuff. :D Since I already have a Ravenclaw and Slytherins are so standoffish. Gryffindors seem to have this idiocy stigma. So, Hufflepuff it is for me. Though, I don't know how well that'll transcribe over from Hufflepuff to Slytherin. It doesn't happen in friendly terms very often.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:38 pm 
Azkaban Inmate
Azkaban Inmate

That can make it even more interesting. :)

Post Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:58 am 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

Okay maybe i will make a slytherin too then, maybe a son of a famous quiditch player, he will be crazy about quiditch, a bit proud and cocky, maybe will make fun of some hufflepuff nerd :p maybe interesting.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 359 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next

Board index » Server » The Daily Prophet