WoHP Homepage    Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Server » The Daily Prophet

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 359 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: OOC -- A group to 'year' together...
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:12 am 
Azkaban Inmate
Azkaban Inmate

The only thing I don't want to happen is to need them to rely on each other to RP. You know what I mean? As in, you feel that your character won't be going anywhere if so and so isn't around.

Πάνω απ 'όλα, φύλακας καρδιά σου, επειδή είναι η ανεξάντλητη πηγή της ζωής. Παροιμίες 4:23

Post Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:09 am 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

ok um here shes sorted is that ok? its all ive done with her.

Charlotte Alexis Grey IV
Blood: Pure (raised in Muggle world)
http://forums.wohp.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3295

Shilo Carter - first year

Post Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:33 am 
Forum Third Year
Forum Third Year

This is a great idea and if timezones werent such a pain I would definitly make a char for it. Or rahter I have one in mind.

Nigel Precitt/Prewitt
A muggleborn Hufflepuff who is a bit of a geek but still a decent guy. Not in any way like my other two chars.

But good luck with this guys.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:57 am 
Forum Third Year
Forum Third Year

Wooh! Love that this is finally a reality. I'm gonna tentatively sign up, although I usually have trouble making it to scheduled events, as my work schedule usually coincides with these events. But hey, as long as things are scheduled, maybe I can get off work, who knows?

I like the idea of two separate houses, taking classes together and such. This way we could also do other events, like quidditch matches between the two groups, etc.

As for a character, I have used a Hufflepuff before (although I was constantly told he would have been a better Gryffindor. :lol: ) So I would prefer to go the Slytherin route, but I am perfectly willing to make a character for whichever side has less people.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:20 am 
Forum Third Year
Forum Third Year

I definitely have a character in mind, one that I've made but hasn't really gone anywhere (backseat to my other character).

Harvey Trent Downs
Either Hufflepuff or Gryffindor depending on which houses we pick.

I have an existing bio made for him that's floating around somewhere in the Bio forum. I'll delete and remake the PC on NWN. Sound good? I'm hoping to get away from my usual 'nut-job' characters.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:33 am 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

I propose that the term for this group starts on September first like the Hogwarts letters would specify. What do you guys think? This would give us roughly five weeks to get this figured out enough to get rolling with it.

Also, as far as sorting goes, I like the idea of an -actual- sorting, where you REALLY don't know what house your character will end up in. If there's a DM helping us with the Sorting Ceremony, which would be great if there was, perhaps a certain amount of randomness could be implemented. Sagira once rolled the dice to determine what house her character, Teddy, would be in. I thought that was a great idea. You could pick a couple of houses and let the Sorting Hat have the final say. That way, there'd be some genuine surprise in store for you at the Ceremony! Of course, if something like Slytherin absolutely wouldn't fit your character, the Sorting Hat has been known to take these factors into consideration.

This is exciting, guys! A pilot program like this, or just an experiment, or whatever you want to call it, is wonderful. It doesn't force the entire server to go at any certain pace, and it satisfies those of us who have always wanted more cohesion in our experience. Yay, go team!

Oh yeah, and what do you think of the September 1 idea? It's a Tuesday. For certain group events like that, if a weekend would be better, that's understandable.

(Jennie-Bear plays Samantha Hathaway, seventh-year Hufflepuff)

Post Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:37 am 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

I'm highly interested in this; CircusClown, this is a wonderful idea, and I support it.

In my return, that is if I do return, which may be near the new cirriculum, I will most likely provide a character for this.

I've had the idea to keep some groups together in years, and it would open up a lot more RP. We could do the train, as already mentioned, and then sorting ceremonies, and so forth all together.

I just need to think of a new character - Probably Ayin Mesmer.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:40 am 
Azkaban Inmate
Azkaban Inmate

I actually would have an issue with that day, it's my first day of high school as a Senior. ;)
Plus, I'd want to wait until a week or two into the new homework system. Whether or not that falls on somewhere before/after September First.

I like the idea of adding realism to it, but not that much realism. Whenever it fits us best. ;)

Πάνω απ 'όλα, φύλακας καρδιά σου, επειδή είναι η ανεξάντλητη πηγή της ζωής. Παροιμίες 4:23

Post Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:26 am 
Azkaban Inmate
Azkaban Inmate

The September thing is a cool idea Jennie, but as Chels said I plan on waiting for the new system to be in before I go anywhere with this.

Aaaaand, this is pretty awesome, so many people. ^_^

Edit: Also, by the looks of everyone so far, Hufflepuff and Slytherin seems the way to go, unless anyone has any objections or thoughts on the matter?

Post Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:37 am 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

No objections here! I'll be happy to make a character in whatever house, just to even it out a bit. I dont have a slytherin, but I'd be happy to make another hufflepuff if need be.

aaaaaaand hopefully by that time i'll have a job and stuff too soooooo i hope i can work it out so i can have time to RP with the group ^.^ College is taking up my mornings ((i think)) so afternoons will be the thing for me >.>

This really is a great idea guys! *hugs you all*

((Will create character later, is too lazy at the moment :p))

Post Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:48 am 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

Okay, could the curriculum team give us an estimated launch date for the new curriculum?

And I suggest we wait until we're a little closer to getting this rolling to narrow down the houses, to see how many people will be involved. Perhaps by fives? Ten people would mean two houses, 15 people would mean three houses....just a thought.

(Jennie-Bear plays Samantha Hathaway, seventh-year Hufflepuff)

Post Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:22 am 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

I'll be placing Ayin Mesmer into Gryffindor, as it suits his character to a tee.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:21 pm 
Forum First Year
Forum First Year

I may do this, any specific house I should be? I only have one character. xD

Post Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:28 pm 
Game Master
Game Master

Jennie-Bear wrote:
Also, as far as sorting goes, I like the idea of an -actual- sorting, where you REALLY don't know what house your character will end up in. If there's a DM helping us with the Sorting Ceremony, which would be great if there was, perhaps a certain amount of randomness could be implemented. Sagira once rolled the dice to determine what house her character, Teddy, would be in. I thought that was a great idea. You could pick a couple of houses and let the Sorting Hat have the final say. That way, there'd be some genuine surprise in store for you at the Ceremony! Of course, if something like Slytherin absolutely wouldn't fit your character, the Sorting Hat has been known to take these factors into consideration.

Jennie-Bear wrote:
...And I suggest we wait until we're a little closer to getting this rolling to narrow down the houses, to see how many people will be involved. Perhaps by fives? Ten people would mean two houses, 15 people would mean three houses....just a thought.

I propose that we follow this plan. Much like Harry had a conversation with the Hat when he was getting sorted, I think the students' feelings on the subject ought to have some say. But really, it makes the thing a lot more fun if you go into it having some of the trepidation your character would have. If I'm going to run a Sorting, I'd like to do it like this.

Jennie-Bear wrote:
Okay, could the curriculum team give us an estimated launch date for the new curriculum?

I'm going to wait for JB on this one, but I know we don't have an official ETA yet.

Shifty are the eyes of the gambler...

Post Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:34 pm 
Azkaban Inmate
Azkaban Inmate

I'm all for the second quoted idea there, but then the rolling idea is kinda thrown out in that sense, since we'll want a dictated amount of people per house. :P Also, while the rolling idea can be fun, you build your character with a certain personality, certain goals (even at year one), etc. And I use that to pick the house, since it's what fits the characters personality. Kinda like building your characters wand, instead of just taking something at random.

Basically what I'm saying is, you can fully RP your characters nervousness, etc. with the sorting, or even have them wonder why they got a certain type of wand (if that's something they'd look into) after you yourself have predetermined it for them. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 359 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next

Board index » Server » The Daily Prophet