WoHP Homepage    Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General » Announcements

Post subject: It's That Time Again!
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:10 pm 
Forum Troll King

A while ago, I did rounds for people to "test" the house elf scrolls. It was
something of a success, even if all the people who were given the scroll
wound up leaving the server shortly after.

If you'd like to apply for a house elf scroll, tag along why your character
should have one RPly onto this very thread.

Requirements;

You must be a good RPer.

You must RP your character as wealthy. I don't mean just now, but it has
to have been a part of your character's RP, even before hearing about
this offer.

You mustn't use your house elf too often. Abuse will get the scroll stripped
from you, no questions asked.

You must understand that no matter how well your application is, we'll
only let a few people have these scrolls at a time, much like with animage
and other such spells.

Happy beggin- I mean applying!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:21 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

Chance Ferrin:

Although Chance has no parent's anymore, his family left him with all they had. He is somewhat wealthy and he rarely uses his money. Chance doesn't really want to enslave a House Elf, he just thinks having a House Elf would be neat and he could at least have one person that listens to him....

If I RP'd having a House Elf I probably wouldn't be, cruel or anything to the House Elf, I just acknowledge it as a friend. It seems that there is not alot of RP that will go on with it, but I would like to give it a try. It would give me a chance to do something besides screw up my character by messing around. It just sounds very interesting. Thanks.

Question( don't have to answer if you don't want to):
Are we able to Dominate the House Elf?

[Edit- Sorry I didn't realize that what application Nik was going for, Thanks JB :wink: ]

Last edited by ChanceFerrin on Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:21 am 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

Jack's family is not wealthy and they never had a house elf. However, Jack also lost his owl in the owlery his first week of school and never bothered finding it. He had to befriend the kitchen house elves as a matter of survival, because he's a vegetarian and not willing to survive on chocolate alone. I've been RPing that for Jack since the first HP server. More recently, Jack actually gets one or more of his friends--especially the little guy that cleans the Ravenclaw House pool--to deliver messages for him on occasion, and now as a Seventh Year on holiday break--even to deliver some of his things to his parents' home. It might be fun to have the little guy actually show up sometimes, instead of always just RPing it purely in the Land of Make-Believe.

I remember when Kaz was working on the house elves for Voldy, and boy did that seem like a stupid idea to me at the time. They had a ridiculously unlimited store at that time, though. These are going to be new and improved, right? I could certainly handle limited RP, anyway, but I'm just saying....

Oh, and Chancey, notice the attempt to provide RP reasoning and support for getting the little bugger. It might help make your case stronger if you add some. ;) I don't know if Nik will allow you to have an elf just to carry a mirror around and help you look up girls' robes, though, so maybe it's best to be quiet about it, anyway. :P

I'm gonna name my little guy "Scratchy" and he can be my auto-biographer. Or maybe that's been done....

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:23 pm 
Forum Third Year
Forum Third Year

Well, Connor and his family are rich and arrogant. :D

I think that's enough reason to have a house elf :P His family probably owns quite a few, lol. :D

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:50 pm 
Azkaban Inmate
Azkaban Inmate

I really doubt any family would own more than one

Ravenclaw's Unofficial HP Trivia Champion.

Paul Millington - Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:03 pm 
Forum Troll King

adam_lister wrote:
I really doubt any family would own more than one

Agreed.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:26 pm 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

Of my characters there would be only two that would actually own a house elf.

Miriam's a muggle-born, and therefore not wealthy.

Melissa is a half-blood, and her daddy's an American Auror. Though, by marrying a muggle, her father was cut off from any family money, so her family is "middle class" at best. However, being American she would be very much against the concept of enslaving a sentient being, anyhow.

Terry is also American, but he's also not rich, and pretty much alone in the world except for Liss, Kalara, and his adopted "sisters" Sierra and Mariana. He's also pretty self reliant, though willing to allow the house elves of Hogwarts to take on tasks that he knows he can not do. Like cooking.

Cordelia, and her cousin Antonio, are from an old pure-blood family from Tuscany. Tony has, arrogantly, claimed that the Gallianos were taming both the landscape and the magical creatures of Italy before the muggles had even began to crawl out of their caves. So any of the Gallianos would be one to have a house elf, but probably won't, because Carmine would probably keep them in Italy, and make Cordie rely on human servants, and because Tony's still in school. (And mainly because I really don't play Tony enough to earn one.)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:12 am 
Forum First Year
Forum First Year

Azar comes from a lot of money, as both her parents grew up in rich families. Azar's house elf was more of a nanny to her, since her parents are always busy. They would prefer that she take her house elf with her to school to keep an eye on her and be sure she is doing her studies. Azar fought with her parents to go to school alone at first, but now, due to falling behind and multiple occasions in the near future that Azar will have to make home visits to help her mother with work her parents want her to take her house elf to school.

((figured this would be the best way to apply and explain the reason for Azar to have a house elf.))

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:26 pm 
Game Master
Game Master

D_Black wrote:
Xander Black comes from a long line of pure-blood wizards and witches. Something he really doesn't care much about. The Black family has always held prestigious jobs in the wizarding world. Most of them being in the Ministry. So the family pretty much has lived an easy, luxurious life with their income. Though usually Xander and his elder brother Durious tend to be the oddballs of the family with their haphazard actions...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:09 am 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

John Dranco is the heir to a wealthy family, which originates from Sweden.

character bio wrote:
History: John Dranco was born in Sweden but his family moved to Britain at the wish of his Grandfather in order to expand their family. John was named as Heir to his family resulting in status-markings being placed upon him, which are applied magically, marking him as one of the Elite among his family. The Dranco family does not buy into the 'pure-blood' stigma that runs rampant throughout Britain's magical community, and as such has no reason to not participate in some muggle activities, or live in a muggle neighbourhood. However, at the same time, they tend to have a very 'Elitist' attitude, when dealing with others.

Basically John's family is pure-blooded, even if they don't care about that, and they're fairly well loaded. However family policy dictates that 'you make do with what you earn' so the family vault is actually for business matters, not personal. As such any house-elf would open up whole new worlds of RPing capabilities on John and I'm sure I could take it and run with it in a very creative direction...maybe give the house elf some butterbeer and watch what happens...hehe....

// on a side note: Its Dranco, not Drancor(i think...the Sorcerer one, not the Cleric). I had to remake cause i picked the wrong house and class >.>

Last edited by Anyndur on Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue May 27, 2008 7:36 pm 
Forum Third Year
Forum Third Year

Shanna Datten is a half-blooded rich person. She is arrogant, thinks she's better than everyone else, and only gets her fortune because her mother only had her 9 months after having a desperate grief purge, which involved one Allen Datten, and a bed... Her mother's husband gives her money too, because her mum married the guy a couple nights later, so he thinks he's the father. In other words her mum is a typical pure blooded woman, married to another typical pure blooded man, a few nights after an affair with Shanna's and Verita's father. Shanna would treat the elf like dirt, and would punish it just to watch it in pain (She has no morals). The purebloods that she call mother and father are loaded, but live in a small manor, so only need one house elf (which Shanna only gets to call once a week at most, for only one task). The house elf is one they got recently, because the old one died, and it was too old to come to Shanna every week for one task at most. The house elf would be named Swirly, and if she doesn't get it, then she'll do something real bad that'll get her house elf priveleges revoked, which would solve the rp problem.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 9:19 am 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

// And Verita wins the 'Thread Necromancer of the Month!' Title.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 9:24 am 
Plant Talker
Plant Talker

//bonus points since it was posted by the old host!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 12:59 pm 
Forum First Year
Forum First Year

I would like to apply for one for Austin. He is very big on his family lineage and plays the rich boy thing to the fullest. All he has know before coming to Hogwarts was the rich lifestyle so it would make sense for him. During my first year I kept making in game comments about how I thought I ought to have a servant doing the mundane things.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 5:35 pm 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

// Wow, kids, read the posts before yours. This topic is /ancient/ and not even under the current host. This is what we like to call a /dead topic/.

Board index » General » Announcements