WoHP Homepage    Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General » Announcements

Post subject: GM Team Restructure
 Post Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 1:38 am 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

Please be aware that there will be significant changes with the DM team over this weekend. I'm simply announcing this so that as these changes occur, you all know that what is going on is intentional and planned and not some sort of internal implosion. :)

Liss Crest, Slytherin
Kalara Crest, Hufflepuff
Elizabeth Finley, The Moon

Post subject: Re: DM Team restructure
 Post Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 4:29 am 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

Calan wrote:
Please be aware that there will be significant changes with the DM team over this weekend. I'm simply announcing this so that as these changes occur, you all know that what is going on is intentional and planned and not some sort of internal implosion. :)

thank you for the warning. i hope everything works out well

Shilo Carter - first year

Post subject: Re: GM Team Restructure
 Post Posted: Sat May 02, 2009 5:02 pm 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

Alright it's time to tell everyone what's going on with the team, so that people know what to expect over the rest of this weekend and the upcoming weeks.

In order to better facilitate the needs of the server, Drado has moved full-time to the build team. His skills are extremely needed in that area, and I am very much looking forward to a more dedicated build team that will be able to focus their energy specifically toward building.

RT, who has been acting as assistant Head DM, is taking over the Head DM position. It will be her role, as it was Drado's, to oversee all major IC matters and approvals.

As the core leadership of the team has changed (this is nearly akin to a host change), the team is being rebuilt from scratch. All DM's will need to be voted back into the team, according to pre-established policies. At the time of this post, RT and myself are the only active DMs. We hope to have a minimal team worked out by the end of the weekend, but it will take several weeks to get things finalized.

Please bear with us during this transition, we'll try to make it as smooth as possible! If you have a plot that you have been active in with a specific DM, please contact me or RT with any questions. We may not have solid answers for a couple days, but we still would like to hear the questions so that we know they need answering.

Liss Crest, Slytherin
Kalara Crest, Hufflepuff

Post Posted: Sun May 03, 2009 11:35 pm 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

We are accepting applications for GM positions at this time, please send a PM to myself or to Tonic. In addition, we are also accepting nominations of other people that you believe would make a good GM, again please send a PM. The PM may contain information but a simple statement that you are interested, or interested in nominating another player, is perfectly sufficient.

Positions are limited.

Liss Crest, Slytherin
Kalara Crest, Hufflepuff

Post Posted: Tue May 05, 2009 1:37 pm 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

Thank you everyone for your applications and nominations, they are all being considered. Needless to say there are more applications/nominations than positions, so we are going to be considering carefully.

We now have four full-time DM's on staff which we are comfortable can keep the server running strong, so are going to slow down a little on our pace of adding more so that we can consider carefully. The process will likely take several weeks.

Please continue to apply/nominate during this process. Also, while I usually make a strong effort to reply to all PM's, know that we will not individually reply to all applications/nominations.

Thanks everyone!

Liss Crest, Slytherin
Kalara Crest, Hufflepuff

Board index » General » Announcements