WoHP Homepage    Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General » Announcements

Post subject: A New WoHP
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:38 am 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

Alright everyone, I for one am not enjoying the way things are on the server. Furthermore, I am not beyond admitting that I am the one that screwed it up. Misconceptions from an overly complex set of server and DM rules have squashed the RP and overworked the DMs. An overly complex and never-ending main plot has sucked the enjoyment out of the server.

So... Here is what is going to happen. I am currently working on a complete rewrite of both server rules, and DM rules. It may take some time to complete the details needed for day to day functioning, but here is the gist:

This is a role play server. To hell with approvals. Role play. GMs may overrule unfair or inconsistent RP, and GM rulings are final. But the habits formed by the approvals got so bad that even a GM was trying to get approval for glowing flowers. I won't mention that it was Seril, I don't think he could handle it if I did. If you want to RP something, go for it. Uber abilities should still be run by DMs for obvious reasons.

The way plots are run is about to drastically change. I'm absolutely psyched about this change. The details are not necessary to explain, just enjoy the new WoHP.

Cardinal Rule: Respect others, and use common sense. Role play, and have fun!

That's about it. Day to day details are going to need to be written, and as they are, feedback will be encouraged by the players and DMs alike.

Liss Crest, Slytherin
Kalara Crest, Hufflepuff
Elizabeth Finley, The Moon

Post subject: Re: A New WoHP
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:40 am 
Azkaban Warden
Azkaban Warden

Jarky Jarkerson wrote:
Seril

*Emologs*

Post Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:51 am 
Azkaban Escapee
Azkaban Escapee

I, for one, am excited about this. :)

We've got a good home here, and there's no reason for things to stagnate - ever... it's a freakin' magical environment!

Post Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:00 pm 
Azkaban Inmate
Azkaban Inmate

Okay...whauw...speachless here. Seems like quite the change. But in the interest of fun, let's have a blast, people! :mrgreen:

~Looking forward to it, Skull

Post Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:36 pm 
Azkaban Escapee
Azkaban Escapee

I have very little to say aside from... Well done. A good decision, I'm all for it.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:18 pm 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

Just to answer a couple questions...

No, please don't just go around RPing the Unforgivables.... we are trying to keep some realism, and that will still get your character pwned if caught anyway. I would also call it an "uber ability" anyway. This would be one of those rules that is needed for day to day operation that we'll work on.

The "use common sense" thing there in the the "Cardinal Rule" should help to determine what is appropriate to RP and what is not. The intention isn't to be a free-for-all, just not nearly as (artificially) restricted as things have been. Do still expect IC consequences for IC actions. Without that, it's not really role play.

Just keep our heads about us, chaos isn't going to help either. :) Until we really figure out specifics of what's going on, let's default to at least the basics of the way things have worked, just as a base instead of chaos. I.E. please RP humans, please RP your character is a student, don't metagame, familiars are still pets... order is needed, and those kinds of rules are likely to remain very very similar anyway.

Expect a new OOC book and a new Welcome Center in the next update. The new welcome center is going to replace the signs with an interactive NPC that explains the bare basics of the server to the new players, instead of hitting them with intense detail. The OOC book is an interactive conversaion that explains the full rules and guidelines of the server. But here's the best part... the book can be edited on the fly, without a server reset, and read out directly to the forums, both updating instantly upon a change. So we can work on this together.

Liss Crest, Slytherin
Kalara Crest, Hufflepuff

Post Posted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:48 pm 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

This last update added the new player rules to the OOC Book. The rules that are there now are all subject to change, per discussion here. Please review and discuss.

I do apologize in advance for the buggy conversation. I do hope to figure out what is going on and have it fixed soon.

Discussion and ideas are welcome. Heavy debate is discouraged.

Liss Crest, Slytherin
Kalara Crest, Hufflepuff

Board index » General » Announcements