WoHP Homepage    Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General » Announcements

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: CEP 2.4 (And D20 Modern?)
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:09 pm 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

Not yet. But any moment, once I feel CEP has their act together enough to subject the server to it.

Liss Crest, Slytherin
Kalara Crest, Hufflepuff
Elizabeth Finley, The Moon

Post Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:48 pm 
What kind of act? A magic act?

I like the sleight of hand stuff better than stage magic. See if they'll do that.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:06 am 
Azkaban Escapee
Azkaban Escapee

I was wondering, is CEP 2.4 going to be put in with the new curriculum?

Post Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:32 am 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

Yes, it will be. Prepare yourselves.

Liss Crest, Slytherin
Kalara Crest, Hufflepuff

Post Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:26 pm 
Azkaban Escapee
Azkaban Escapee

Woohoo! Did we ever decide on D20 Modern?

Post Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:31 pm 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

Right now, it's still pending. There's not enough reason to add it. That may not be the case forever, please still feel free to discuss opinions on adding it.

Liss Crest, Slytherin
Kalara Crest, Hufflepuff

Post Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:44 pm 
Azkaban Escapee
Azkaban Escapee

Cool. Thanks for the update(s)!

Post subject: CEP 2.x (D20 Modern renovation)
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:25 pm 
Game Master
Game Master

Calan wrote:
I also wanted to run another idea by everyone... the idea of adding D20 Modern haks to the mod. D20 Modern is another set of standardized haks, similar to CEP. It adds modern tilesets, placeables, clothing, items, etc.

Thought I'd revive this thought to see where everyone's opinion lies now.

Personally I'd be down for it, but given we just went through one overhaul, I'm sure Calan doesn't want to jump into another so soon, which I understand. This is why, after some evaluation, I have considered a compromise. Just add the d20mm clothing haks. It would double if not triple the amount of personal customization and we could wear clothing closer to the times.

Thoughts? Opinions? I am interested to hear from the WoHP community.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:30 pm 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

As far as I'm concerned, the only reason for d20 modern would be to add more realistic clothing options...no more chainmail t-shirts. Well, except for the characters who are actually wearing chainmail. :P It would be interesting to see, around Hogwarts, who actually wore wizard clothes all the time and who was normally in muggle clothes. Right now, everyone looks a little wizardy.

Everything else is just extra, and can be approximated with what we have.

Sam McKinnon - 6th Year Ravenclaw

Jabari Nwosu * Joshua Tannerman * Lenora Hollings * Lillian Stewart * Maria Bonoa

Post Posted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:36 pm 
Forum First Year
Forum First Year

Personally I've been working a lot with d20 modern lately, sure theres a bunch of clothing but many of them are similar, the issue comes I think with if its been updated to be compatible with the servers version of CEP

Post Posted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:33 pm 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

We're on CEP 2.4 right now. An upgrade to 2.6 is in the future projects pile, but unfortunately that pile doesn't stop from getting taller. :|

Sam McKinnon - 6th Year Ravenclaw

Jabari Nwosu * Joshua Tannerman * Lenora Hollings * Lillian Stewart * Maria Bonoa

Post Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:52 am 
Forum First Year
Forum First Year

If we could add D20 along with standard CEP, it would add a ton of flair to many areas that lack it in form of building. However it would also mean that London and few other places would need (its not like they do not already need one) epic build overhaul. Also some of the clothing options from that pack would help make world feel more 2010+, since now you are lucky if you manage to make it past 1950+ type of attires.

Does it sound tedious to add? Yes. Would it bring server visual quality to whole new level? Absolutely.

Beitiris Thislethorn - Slytherin

Post Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:17 am 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

I'm still not opposed to the idea in general, but I share Vandal's concern. An upgrade to CEP 2.61 is in the near future, and we are holding off on some of the "city" rebuilds (London, Paris, even Luxor) until 2.61 is in. While visual flare is great and a positive thing, it's not necessary for a vibrant RP experience. In fact, the most visually vivid RP I've ever experienced has always consistently been when I turned off the graphics, or otherwise didn't have them available for what was being RP'd.

Don't take that as a plug for not putting in the modern haks, I'm for it if it's technically feasable in combination with CEP. I'm sure others have done it on other servers, but I have no idea how much modification it takes. Perhaps none, perhaps a lot.

I will absolutely consider it when CEP 2.61 goes in. Until then, I have one more question, probably something that should be discussed with the players:

CEP is already a pain in the [censored] to download and install. While I know that most people who already play on the server wouldn't mind adding in another hak, I'm personally concerned that one more barrier to log in for the first time would drive away some possible new players- who haven't logged in, and just wouldn't be bothered to download something else. That was a concern in the past, and in the present state of NWN it's even more of a concern. I'd like to hear thoughts on that.

Liss Crest, Slytherin
Kalara Crest, Hufflepuff

Post Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:50 am 
Game Master
Game Master

Calan wrote:
CEP is already a pain in the [censored] to download and install. While I know that most people who already play on the server wouldn't mind adding in another hak, I'm personally concerned that one more barrier to log in for the first time would drive away some possible new players- who haven't logged in, and just wouldn't be bothered to download something else. That was a concern in the past, and in the present state of NWN it's even more of a concern. I'd like to hear thoughts on that.

It may have been a noticeable barrier back when Neverwinter Nights was still supported by its developers and Gamespy was still a thing. During that time players could easily jump around to find something that fits their fancy. Now that Neverwinter Nights is purely community driven and left with advertising by word of mouth, many of the casual players have left the scene. From my experience the dedicated players which, IMO, is what the community is left with, are willing and able to go the extra mile. If what they read/hear about a server blows air up their skirt, they will spend their time and bandwidth to make it so.

Honestly, if you want a more accurate answer. I would suggest inquiring in a general Neverwinter Nights community. Such as the one on Facebook or some other forum.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:02 am 
Azkaban Escapee
Azkaban Escapee

D_Black wrote:
Calan wrote:

It may have been a noticeable barrier back when Neverwinter Nights was still supported by its developers and Gamespy was still a thing. During that time players could easily jump around to find something that fits their fancy. Now that Neverwinter Nights is purely community driven and left with advertising by word of mouth, many of the casual players have left the scene. From my experience the dedicated players which, IMO, is what the community is left with, are willing and able to go the extra mile. If what they read/hear about a server blows air up their skirt, they will spend their time and bandwidth to make it so.

Although I've never been a big fan of the idea of adding more haks myself, I think Xeph is right. Even I've come to the point where I'm perfectly willing to fiddle around with haks to try out a server. The important thing is to keep it easily accessible. Anyone who comes onto these forums the first time should be able to near instantly tell where to go to find the latest required hak download.

That's not me directly saying I'm in favour of adding more. I'm kind of on the fence, perhaps partly because I'm not actually sure what d20 modern adds. But I've seen some very nice clothing options in other hakpacks, and it would be pretty sweet to have something like that.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » General » Announcements