WoHP Homepage    Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General » Announcements

Post subject: Spring Break Mod-O-Rama
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:12 pm 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

Hello, and attention, everyone!

We're going to try something different with the server for a short time before a relaunching of HP on NWN.

We already have a new mod up and running on the server. It's a classic D&D mod called "Citadel by the Sea" and is a conversion of a classic D&D module published in Dragon magazine in 1983. We intend for it to be the first in a string of increasingly-challenging modules for persistent server-based characters to inhabit. That means that once a number of players have advanced through the mod, we'll move on to the next selection.

Also, Kaz and I are going to be DMing adventurer groups in the classic AD&D fashion. This means that players will be able to create their own adventuring parties with friends and play through the mods as continuous, ongoing events. At least, that's the theory. Obviously we haven't tested that plan, yet, and we cannot be completely sure how well NWN will serve as a platform for traditional play. But I think it's worth a shot. And anyway, it's just for fun.

Before long, we will be launching a new mod based on Kaz's former version, with the incorporation of some of Sho's and my ideas as well, but not requiring HAKs. We will be calling it "World of Harry Potter."

The HAK-enhanced version of HP on NWN will be set aside for now, but hopefully not shelved permanently. We'll see how things go, and collect more player feedback, and go from there.

Please use this section to give us your thoughts, and also feel free to create posts for the purpose of arranging play times and partners for your adventuring parties for the Mod-O-Rama.

Thanks!
-JBMT

Last edited by JBMT on Thu May 03, 2007 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:38 pm 
Azkaban Warden
Azkaban Warden

Sign me up :) I'll play whatever is needed. Within reason ;)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:04 pm 
Forum First Year
Forum First Year

So.. Does this mean the .hak enhanced version of HPNWN will be down for awhile....? :cry: Oh, and when do you think the "World of Harry Potter" server going to be up? :scream:

House: Ravenclaw

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:47 pm 
Azkaban Inmate
Azkaban Inmate

D&D...? <3

A chance to play even more of it, without having to leave my home or scramble to find my character sheets all the time.. I like it.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:36 am 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

spring break is over for me atleast tomorrow.

There was not alot of "activity" on the D&D mod, it seems everyone would rather go to Castlevenia for that kinda action. Not saying that I am mad, hey cant beat em Join in.. I'm larry Levii now :)

I have put up the original HP mod, as changed By Kaz. Kaz, I dont want to step on your toes here, Just going with the flow. As World of HP is Kaz's Project, and has been since Dravack was hosting it.
It is upto her, and JB if they want to bring in your old characters from Dravacks (if you saved them that is) or not. you can now go to 6th year.

I want to thank all that DL and made characters on the HPinNWN mod, (the one I haked the crap out of) your characters are available for World of Harry Potter. I just dont feel we have the numbers that justify keeping it going. Therefore, I am going to stop hosting it for now. I do have plans to release it as a solo play mod, sometime after the last book is released.
So you may want to keep all the extra haks.

Game on...
SHO

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:53 am 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

Yeah, as Sho says, we sort of moved Spring Break to Castlevania. Those poor suckers have been flooded by insane HPers. We will still be reviving HP soon. Many of us are eager to play in our own home again.

And the HAK'd mod is being carefully preserved in a temperature-controlled vault deep underground. It may yet rise again... when the stars are right.

Ludo Fore Putavimus
JBMT

Board index » General » Announcements