WoHP Homepage    Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General » Announcements

Post subject: OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING SERVER WRAPUP
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:33 pm 
Azkaban Escapee
Azkaban Escapee

Some books are long sagas, while others are short poems or brief glimpses into another world. Many of us have been around for nearly a decade. We've made some lifelong friends and we've lost some along the way. In some sense an analogy can be made between our role play world and the Hogwarts Express. People come and go. Some stay for a while and others hop on for a quick ride, leaving at the next stop. All train rides, and books, whether long or short stories, must come to an end. Sometimes the stories have a hard ending, full stop. Others leave it open ended, so in our minds (and hearts) the characters get to continue existing out there somewhere.

This train stops sometime in mid June, 2016.

We wildly encourage those who have been gone for some time to pop back in and wrap up the final chapters of their characters stories, or if they wish their characters to continue existing, perhaps getting in some role play with other characters that are choosing to write the last chapter.

We will continue having a main plot going, and we will have an 'end of year feast' to IC send off the server in grand style. Many of us also plan a good old fashioned OOC party to say goodbye for the last time while in the familiar environment of the module.

Short or long, stories can be as meaty and gripping as you choose to make them. Instead of giving up now, thinking there's not enough time to get involved or connect to a good story, I hope you choose to spend the last few months available by creating the GREATEST role playing, character life-breathing stories we've ever seen.

"I sense a costume opportunity!"

Post subject: Re: OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING SERVER WRAPUP
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:51 pm 
Game Master
Game Master

While the server may be getting on that train to head towards Platform 9 3/4, we still have time to be together. I encourage everyone to try and be on if they have the time.

While stated above there is a main plot going, and we encourage you to get on and investigate it yourselves. I can say without a shadow of a doubt it involves your character, and you will not be left out of it if you do not wish to be.

As with all good stories, the book will end, you will hit the last word on that last page. This does not mean that the story is over, you will always be able to continue it in your own thoughts, in your own way. The same applies here. The server may be heading out but that does not mean that it is all over. You continue to have a life for your characters, while you may not physically be able to play them you will still be able to follow their lives. And if you find yourself unable to do this, then you can always keep the action alive by looking back upon all the memories you have made on the server. The good, the bad, the fun, the sad, the angry, the feared, and the happy.

The server has gone for many years, over a decade if I am correct. Some stories just need that last page, and this is the last page for the server.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:46 pm 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

Can I recommend a final graduation ceremony? I'd love to graduate Samantha. Officially. Maybe there are others who would like to graduate their characters.

Then we can all buy those awesome "Hogwarts Alumni" shirts they have at Hot Topic! :-D

On a nice note, I graduate from the University of Arizona in two weeks. It seems like a good time to wrap things up for Samantha, as well. On to bigger adventures!

(Jennie-Bear plays Samantha Hathaway, seventh-year Hufflepuff)

Post Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:25 pm 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

Jennie-Bear wrote:
Can I recommend a final graduation ceremony? I'd love to graduate Samantha. Officially. Maybe there are others who would like to graduate their characters.

Then we can all buy those awesome "Hogwarts Alumni" shirts they have at Hot Topic! :-D

On a nice note, I graduate from the University of Arizona in two weeks. It seems like a good time to wrap things up for Samantha, as well. On to bigger adventures!

A shame we were not able to do this. Kudos to those of you who I know were planning on joining me.

(Jennie-Bear plays Samantha Hathaway, seventh-year Hufflepuff)

Board index » General » Announcements