WoHP Homepage    Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General » Announcements

How intrigued / likely are you to partake in this revival?
I'm super excited and I can't wait to relive the magic! *nostalgia goggles* 40%  40%  [ 6 ]
I'm intrigued and looking forward in partaking. 33%  33%  [ 5 ]
I'm intrigued but not looking to commit, dabble if you may (due to RL or previous history) 27%  27%  [ 4 ]
Meh (I might pop in but unlikely) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Zero interest, just lurking like a creeper. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 15

Post subject: Something Wicked This Way Comes
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:20 pm 
Game Master
Game Master

Alright, now that that is out of the way. Who here loves magic?

Good, goooood!

Now I know we were all upset when the server was taken away from us like Sirius Black...

And it left most of us sad, having something we loved yet took for granted stripped away from our lives.

But--

After some lengthy discussions with Calan over the past year and volunteered assistance from one of the server's former Head DMs, Drado, we have decided it's time to let the phoenix go through its rebirth.

Yes, I know this will leave many of you with questions...

But I'll do my best to answer them.

Q: Will we be returning to Hogwarts as our adventurous, trouble-making students?

Q: If we're not returning to Hogwarts, then what?

Post-grad

Q: But...

Well--
We adore this server just as much as you. If anything this but a new chapter in your character's life.

Q: You said a new chapter in my character's life, does that mean that we can continue playing our old characters, and if so, how much of our character remains intact?

A: Since Calan has graciously donated the resources to get this new setting up and running, that includes the player vault, your old characters will be available to continue if you so choose.

Q: Calan donated resources? Is he no longer the figure head?

A: We offered Calan a sock and he graciously accepted. He is now a free elf.

Q: If Calan isn't heading operations, who is?

The previously mentioned Drado and myself.

Q: We heard you both favor the dark arts.

But honestly, we just prefer the tone set in Harry Potter books 4-7. We believe books 1-3 had more of a "Disneyland" tone (bad stuff doesn't happen).

Q: So expect death and despair?

Not quite. Just expect consequences, good and bad, to occur through the course of your RP, not just good things.

Q: Alright, alright, but I heard not so great stories about post-grad, what will be different?

A: Well I don't want to give too much away, but we're looking into developing systems to help players and characters progress...

Q: What sort of stuff can we do/be?

A: The world is your oyster. You can be whatever you want. No longer are you shackled down, forced to live eternity as an insufferable youth that gets no respect from adults. Want to be a Magizoologist like your new favorite Hufflepuff alumni? Sure. Do you want to be a Wandcrafter apprentice that eventually works their way into competing with Olivander, why not?

Q: Will career options be scripted or is it purely RPed.

A: We will provide some career options with added functions, but that should not stop you or your characters from pursuing other careers and/or hobbies. After all, there are sooooo many options, we can't possibly attach functions to everything. Hell, you may even think of careers we ourselves did not think of. Do not limit yourselves to a hand holding service.

Q: Big question, when do you expect to launch?

A: Well we have a lot of building ahead of us--

--as well as updating. But we plan to have something available come Summer 2017. So bare with us for a few months longer and wait--

--Yes, yes we know, but what's another few months? Anyways that's all I have for now. Feel free to comment and/or question and we'll try to get back to you ASAP.

-Farewell-

Post subject: Re: Something Wicked This Way Comes
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:45 pm 
Azkaban Escapee
Azkaban Escapee

D_Black wrote:

Who's who?

I'll say I'm curious about this. Had a talk about it with a few people, not sure how you plan to implement it, but I know myself well enough to know that I'll definitely be around to try it out.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:08 pm 
Game Master
Game Master

Insanity wrote:
D_Black wrote:

Who's who?

I'll say I'm curious about this. Had a talk about it with a few people, not sure how you plan to implement it, but I know myself well enough to know that I'll definitely be around to try it out.

This image would probably be more accurate. (Grendelwald and Dumbledore from the fanfilm "The Greater Good") But being it was a fanfilm people probably wouldn't understand without this explanation.

As for how we plan to implement it, I'd rather leave that a mystery for the time being. But one thing I will say is we're planning to take a more progressive approach where choices and actions have lasting effects that may or may not shape the community since players will no longer be trapped in the "Time Bubble of Little to No Consequence" that was Hogwarts.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:44 am 
Forum First Year
Forum First Year

Sounds like an interesting twist. Very excited to come check it out. What parts of the world will be available?

Post Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:06 pm 
Game Master
Game Master

tacos912 wrote:
Sounds like an interesting twist. Very excited to come check it out. What parts of the world will be available?

Pretty much everything that was available before except for the wizarding schools will be available to explore.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:21 am 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

Just found the Facebook post and have to say I'm very excited about this idea! I've had plans for years for Jes and Selena for post-grad and they can finally do them! No longer being trapped at certain ages will hopefully spark my love of RP again, I know I've missed my girls and the wonderful people I met and in a lot of ways grew up with here.

I wish all the best of luck to Drado and Xander and look forward to playing again in the Wonderful World of Harry Potter :D

Post Posted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:23 am 
Game Master
Game Master

*UPDATE*

We have upgraded the module to CEP 2.62. So while launch is still around the corner, we suggest downloading and installing the latest CEP at your next earliest convenience.

You can find the latest CEP HERE.

Post Posted: Sat May 27, 2017 5:32 pm 
Forum First Year
Forum First Year

I'd like to chime in and say I'm SUPER EXCITED that this is happening!

I only got to play for a couple of months last time around, but I check the forums semi regularly in the hope that it'd pop back! Count me in when this is up and running, and thank you guys for making it happen!

Post Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:28 pm 
Game Master
Game Master

*UPDATE*

We plan to start our "grace period" in July. During that grace period (of approximately 1 month) people can spend their time wrapping up their academic career at Hogwarts. Continue working on the curriculum, RPing with other people; ultimately fluffing up your backstory a little before we switch gears to post grad.

We hope to see many of you in the coming days.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:02 am 
Game Master
Game Master

*UPDATE*

As some of you may know we originally planned to start the before mentioned grace period by the end of this week, but due to unforeseen situations with RL we will be forced to delay that. Our new ETA will be some time after July 17th.

That being said we thank you for your patience and hope to see you all in the near future.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:34 pm 
Game Master
Game Master

*UPDATE*

I've added a poll to this thread in an attempt to gauge our community's interest. Please no troll votes.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:12 am 
Game Master
Game Master

*UPDATE*

For those who do not follow the WoHP Facebook group, we have announced that we plan to start our "grace period" tomorrow evening. As far as what time tomorrow evening that is still TBD by RL but we hope to have the server up some time after 1600 Pacific (-8 UTC). The direct connect address should also be remaining as it was before.

Please keep in mind you will need the latest CEP (CEP 2.62 currently) installed.
Also for the next month or so our "grace period" will be in effect. During this time players will be able to continue the RP that was abruptly halted due to the server closing up shop. So players will still be Hogwarts students for the time being (excluding those who already officially embarked on the post-grad process before the server was shut down). Once the grace period has ended, then the fun as adult wizards/witches will begin.
That being said, we hope to see you all soon.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:10 am 
Forum First Year
Forum First Year

Has this gone live? Could I get a URL to the Facebook group, please?

Post Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:12 pm 
Game Master
Game Master

tacos912 wrote:
Has this gone live? Could I get a URL to the Facebook group, please?

Indeed, we have been live for a couple weeks now. To access our Facebook group, click HERE

Post Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:17 am 
Forum Third Year
Forum Third Year

This is exciting! I'd definitely at least like to log in and check things out, especially for nostalgia's sake. :D

I can't seem to remember my GSID for Erin Blake, though? :roll:

Is a DM/admin possibly able to help me with some kind of reverse lookup in the vault to match my character to the login that created it?

(Thankfully my forum password was still saved in Chrome after all these years! 8O)

Board index » General » Announcements