WoHP Homepage    Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General » Reference

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Getting Started
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:31 pm 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

How do I find my way around the castle?

Quite simply, expect to get lost. It's a castle. How often were Ron and Harry lost in the castle? We have placed map notes and descriptions on the doors to assist in finding your way around. In addition, there are portraits around the castle, including one in the Entrance Hall, that will help you find the classroom that you are looking for.

Sometimes the best way to or from your common room is using the floo network. There are two kinds of floo powder. One looks like a small bowl of red powder, the others look like small pouches of various colors of powder. The pouches all have specific locations associated to them. By using the unique power of one of these pouches, you will “learn” that location on the floo network. You only have to do that once to learn the location. To actually use a floo fireplace to go to one of the locations you have learned, you will need one of the small bowls of powder per trip.

How do I complete my homework and/or level up?

Professor McGonagall in the staff room will supply you with a list of all assignments for the year. In addition, you will have a set of books. Look up each assignment in the books, locate the ingredients, complete the assignments, and turn them in in the library.

You must complete your homework to continue leveling up. There is a level cap for each year at Hogwarts, so you cannot continue to level up unless you graduate to the next year.

I can't find X ingredient, where is it?

There are hints and clues as to where the ingredients might be found within your books that you purchased for school. Still, not all of them have enough information for you to find everything on your own. That's fine, but the GM Team cannot answer this question. Technically, neither can other players. Finding the ingredients requires your character to ask another character where it might be. There are two very important reasons for this. If you just get a tell from someone with the answer, or you ask in party chat and get an answer, how did your character just -suddenly- know where to go? The other reason is the simple fact that this is a server based on role-play. Go ask someone in-character and who knows? Your character might make a friend. Or an enemy...

The familiars aren't listed as what they really are! Help!

Here is a list to help:
Pixie -> Parrot
Psuedodragon -> Rat
Fairy dragon -> Black and White Cat
Fire Mephit -> Chicken
Bat -> Bat
Panther -> White Cat
Raven -> Raven
Ice mephit -> Snake
Imp -> Monkey
Hell Hound -> Dog
Eyeball -> Eyeball ??? (or is it a Puffskein?)

Liss Crest, Slytherin
Kalara Crest, Hufflepuff
Elizabeth Finley, The Moon

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 

Board index » General » Reference