WoHP Homepage    Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Server » Roleplay

Post subject: Does This Make Me Evil?
 Post Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 1:24 am 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

By the time Liss had arrived the sun was already beginning to dim the stars from the sky. She pulled out the shovel and began to dig into the rocky ground in the hills above the Valley of the Kings. At the bottom of the cliff below her was the oasis that for a brief time had taken her life. Safely away from archaeologists and tourists, this would be the proper location.

Digging the basin took her longer than she expected, it needed to be large enough. And time was already running out- the sun was peeking over the tops of the hills as Liss collected large stones to line her carefully dug basin. She collected branches and dried brush from the surrounding desert. She carefully placed her collection into the basin, and pointed her wand at it. "Incendio!" The dried brush burst into flames. Liss tended the fire, collecting and adding more fuel to get a nice deep layer of embers.

Liss set out on foot to the west. As she crested the hills she took in the view of the sun rising in the east, the light skimming across Luxor, the Nile, the Theban Necropolis, and just below her the temple of Hatshepsut- toward which she began to descend.

Image Image Image

The temple plaza was already filling with muggle tourists and locals selling trinkets. It was a shame, Liss thought, that such a glorious temple -a diamond of the magical beauty of death from centuries past- would have ended up nothing more than a circus. As she passed through, she thought about the temple as it was constructed, as it was intended to be. She imagined the tourists were not tourists, but instead Egyptians of old gathered in the huge plaza to honor the dead. But the temple was not her destination.

Liss left the temple following a desert path to the southwest and entered the Necropolis of Al'Asasif. She passed tomb after tomb, strewn about the landscape, unhidden, unlike the tombs in the Valley of the Kings. Desecrated for centuries, she ignored them as she passed. The Necropolis, like the temple, was not her destination.

The Nile could no longer be seen. She crossed a paved road after looking both ways for oncoming vehicles, and entered a small Egyptian marketplace. She surveyed the shops and goods as she looked for the specific items and tools she would need for the coming sacrifice.

"Keefak ilyowm... biddi... tjajeen, wah haddak lahm, minfadlak," she spoke to one of the market owners, who chuckled at her mistakes.

"You are American?" he asked in a heavy accent.

"British," Liss replied.

"You... have very beautiful hair! I will make you such a deal, best price in Luxor!" he began his bargaining.

She purchased odds and ends, some ingredients, two chickens and a small lamb. Everything stored in sacks, she tied them to the lamb which she led by a rope, and carried a chicken under each arm.

Not wanting to lead a lamb through the Temple of Hatshepsut, she would not be taking the same direction back. She instead took a path to the south of the temple, leading her through the Necropolis and past the Valley of the Queens. She kept up her pace, time was running out. She climbed the hills, and after a moment of searching located the basin. She tied the lamb to a nearby rock, which objected, trying to pull away. The rope held.

The chickens must be dealt with first. In one motion, and almost without thought, she grabbed the head of each of the chickens under each arm, and swung them through the air and then toward the ground. One swift snap and they laid there, necks broken. She pulled out her knife, the silver blade reflecting the sun brightly as she approached the lamb. She grabbed its snout, lifting it up as she moved the knife to its throat as the lamb complained loudly.

Then she stopped and turned... someone was approaching.

Liss Crest, Slytherin
Kalara Crest, Hufflepuff
Elizabeth Finley, The Moon

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:39 am 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

"And there she is, the rumor was true. She actually -is- back. Wonderful. Well, it's still curfew, I should go bug her. Maybe she'll attack me."

Liss Crest, Slytherin
Kalara Crest, Hufflepuff

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:35 pm 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

"Note to self: Holding your wand backwards while casting can hurt."

"Note to self: Never do that twice in a row ever again."

Liss Crest, Slytherin
Kalara Crest, Hufflepuff

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:37 am 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

"Shh... Shh..."

Liss felt the cold air pinching at her skin. She moved closer to him, his warmth. Her voice nothing more than a wisp of breath in the silence around her, her motions barely noticeable in the dim fire light. Here, blocked off from the rest of the world by stone, earth and death itself, she was safe.

"Relax, I love you," she spoke, her breath against his face. She could feel his reaction through her fingers on his face, and he began to speak...

"Shh... I'm here, with you," she whispered to him.

Her hand moved in the darkness, silent in the quiet around them. She reached through the fabric, searching a moment before slowly and silently retrieving her wand. Her breath in his ear would keep him from hearing her motion. Slowly the wand rose, stopping only when it was touching his temple.

His eyes momentarily clenched tightly as he felt the wand press into his head. He held perfectly still. "Make it quick," he said.

Here, blocked off from the rest of the world by stone, earth and death itself, she at least, was safe.

Liss Crest, Slytherin
Kalara Crest, Hufflepuff

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:40 pm 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

She watched it squirm... she watched it twitch and struggle. It's amazing- the power of hate. Relentless, consuming. In the struggle to get free, it began to pull itself apart. More and more until all motion stopped, life itself unable to remain. It must be a horrible way to die, yet somehow there's a beauty.

Really... she didn't want to leave the class. She wanted to be sitting in the front row so she could see better.

Liss Crest, Slytherin
Kalara Crest, Hufflepuff

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:25 pm 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

A few photos to reflect her thoughts on a new friend, Evie Cromwell.

Liss Crest, Slytherin
Kalara Crest, Hufflepuff

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:59 am 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

Professor Dumbledore's voice echoed through the Hufflepuff common room. It was over, Liss could finally leave. Which, of course, she did without hesitation. A quick stop by the Great Hall to hand over a poor frightened first year over to Mary Maywell and she quickly left the grounds to search.

It wasn't long before she arrived at Hogsmeade train station, and it didn't take much searching. There he was, laying burnt and lifeless in the center of a large blast mark on the stone right where Jinx has said he had seen him. She scooped him up in her arms and looked at his limp body.

Hawk, her pigeon owl, had been a faithful servant for over six years. She had barely noticed him at times, taken him for granted, neglected him, yet he died seeing that her letter made it to the proper recipient.

The proper recipient. John Dranco. He knew what was going on, why the school had been under attack. Hawk had made this trip several times in the last several hours, carrying Liss' questions to John who would always reply cryptically and dodge her question. Finally, she decided, he got fed up with her pestering and blew up her owl.

She stood there petting his scorched feathers for a few moments, as if he would somehow be comforted by it. This was perhaps her truest friend, one that never questioned her, judged her, mistook things she said, or held her mistakes against her. For this, she barely noticed he was anything more than a messenger. Slowly, she began her trip back to Hogwarts, carrying him in her arms.

Liss Crest, Slytherin
Kalara Crest, Hufflepuff

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:54 am 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

As much as she wanted to sleep longer, Liss woke early as she normally does. She sat up and looked at her room and belongings, dimly lit by the small fire in the fireplace. She sat there for what seemed like an hour, soaking in every detail from the decorations on the wall to the blanket on the bed while the fire quietly crackled. Eventually she moved, climbing out from under her blanket to stand on the cold floor.

After making her bed, she removed her books slowly from the shelves and stacked them neatly on the floor. She removed her clothing from her dresser and set them on her bed neatly folded, making sure to keep everything sorted. Her quills and ink from her desk, her pet eyeball from Halloween, her mirror in the corner, her snowflake diamond necklace, her black pearl, all the odds and ends she had collected over the years she neatly packed into boxes or moved into the middle of the room, before then moving it all out into the hall.

One last check of the room, she didn't want to forget anything. Under the bed, inside of the drawers and desks she searched, making sure not to leave a single corner uninspected.

She left the room and turned to close the door. She stopped, just to look. The dying fire giving the last of its light, she could see what was once her bed where she slept, she could see what was once her desk where she worked, she could see what was once her room, where she lived and called home. The room was bare. It was hollow. It was no longer hers. For the last time, she closed her door, and locked it.

Liss Crest, Slytherin
Kalara Crest, Hufflepuff

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:16 pm 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

Is perception reality? Is truth absolute or does our knowledge, memories and understanding shape reality around us?

What have I done? Hurt yet more of those around me, those who are closest to me.

This time even intentionally I push away my closest of friends. They don't know it, nor do I.

I can't remember. I can't remember, so I no longer care. A calm reality of ignorance surrounds me, a friend who now never was.

Liss Crest, Slytherin
Kalara Crest, Hufflepuff

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:40 am 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

Seril, Evie, Jackie, Angel, Liss, Mel
Seril's birthday party. ((Posted a little late))

Liss Crest, Slytherin
Kalara Crest, Hufflepuff

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:50 pm 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

Liss appeared in the fireplace in a green flash of flames. No one was around, all in classes no doubt. She climbed the stairs and went into her dorm. Unusually quiet, after so many of her housemates leaving the school.

She opened the door to her room and went in. She looked at her bed. She loathed it without a second thought. "I'm going to stay awake for a week straight," she thought to herself.

Liss walked to her dresser and moved a few odds and ends around, putting a few trinkets that had been on display into a drawer. She set her bag on the bed and opened it, pulling out a stuffed fluffy teddy bear all dressed up in traditional archaeologists garb- complete with a shovel and a whip on her belt. Liss just couldn't help but smile at it again before sitting the bear on top of her dresser.

She looked at it for a long time. She shook her head. "I've grown up around archaeologists, muggle and wizard alike. -What- is the whip for?" She chuckled and left for the Great Hall to hopefully find some real food.

Liss Crest, Slytherin
Kalara Crest, Hufflepuff

Post subject: Re: Does This Make Me Evil?
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:18 pm 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

A very small Mansef:

Liss Crest, Slytherin
Kalara Crest, Hufflepuff

Post Posted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:55 pm 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

~~~~~Image

Image~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~Image

Image~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Image

Image~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Image

Image~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Image~~~~~Image

~~~~~

Image~~~~~Image~~~~~Image

~~~~~

Image~~~~~Image

~~~~~

Image~~~~~Image

~~~~~

~~~~~

Liss Crest, Slytherin
Kalara Crest, Hufflepuff

Post Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:45 pm 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

A black mist across the sky
Under my feet a salty brine
Of Trust,
Of Loyalty
Outside in, this mind of mine

Liss Crest, Slytherin
Kalara Crest, Hufflepuff

Post Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:50 pm 
Azkaban Dementor
Azkaban Dementor

"Thank you, Joki."

Liss Crest, Slytherin
Kalara Crest, Hufflepuff

Board index » Server » Roleplay