WoHP Homepage    Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Server » Roleplay

Post subject: Dear Mother
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:26 pm 
Azkaban Warden
Azkaban Warden

Sitting down by the small desk in her private room, Mary turned her head back to the letter in front of her. The weekend had been odd to her. She'd never been able to talk properly to her mother, the stern Ella Maywell, that imposing figure in her childhood.

...suppose it's about time I learned to see eye to eye with her. She's my mom, after all. She loves and cares for me. I'm starting to understand that everything she ever did, she did for what she thought was my best interest. And frankly... there's a lot of her in me. I used to think I was only the daughter of my daddy, that sweet man, but... I'm not sure anymore. Oh well.

She picked up the pegasus quill, dipped it in ink, and put the quill to the paper.

"Dear Ella. I'm writing to you in response to the conversations I had this weekend with yourself and my father. Honestly, I'm not even sure what I'm wanting to say with this letter. I just know it's one I want to send."

She stopped again, thinking. There's no good and evil... only love, and loyalty. Is that really true? Do you really believe that, Mary Celeste? Well, there's little turning back now. The wheels of your life are in motion, and there's no stopping them.

"I've been giving a lot of things a lot of thought in the past time. I suppose it's part of growing up. And I've come to realize, I really haven't appreciated what you've done for me half as much as I should. You give me a sense of direction in it all, you've given me comfort, security, and not to mention, learning the value of discipline and work ethic. If not for that, I certainly wouldn't have the grades I do. And my good chance for a spot on the Quidditch team neither.

I suppose I've come to realize, too, that I am as much a MacAlpine as I am a Maywell. That is a fact of life that I am slowly dealing with, and in that regard, I fully appreciate what you represent to me."

It's never to late to rebuild bridges. And this is one river I have to cross at some point in my life. I suppose, deep inside, I do love her.

"I have another thing I need to tell you, and father. I would tell you in person, but it's a matter that fills me with some turmoil to inform you. However, given your generous reaction to the bad news you recently got about me, I think you've earned that trust fully. Okay. Here goes: I am engaged. Before thinking too much on that, you should know that the person I'm betrothed to is not a boy, it's a girl. A beautiful, warm girl from France. Her name's Florymonde. I can only pray that dad and you can understand. If it's alright with you, I would want to bring her home for you to meet. If the two of you can accept the idea that I... seek romance within the fair sex, well, I think you'll like her. She's very polite, and of a good upbringing. And she's of a pure wizarding blood, too."

"It's odd. For so long, my mind's been all muddled up with Quidditch and girls. I suppose it comes with the territory of being a fourteen year old girl. I'm coming of age soon, though. More important things on my mind. Everything seems to be revolving in my life. Only the Good Lord knows which paths he intends me to take. Only he knows the sins I will have to ask forgiveness for. With any luck, Drado will help me stay on the right path in all of this. And your condition, well... You have the means to regulate it. You can have a normal life, just... it'll be some adjusting.

"In closing, I want to finally thank you for your love and support. As your only daughter, I know how important I am to you, and I want you to know that it's appreciated. You are important to me in kind, mother. Give dad my love, and we will speak soon, I hope.

Your daughter,
Mary Celeste."

Sealing the envelope, Mary took her owl out of the cage, quickly dispatching the letter before she could have a change of heart.

Board index » Server » Roleplay