WoHP Homepage    Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Server » Roleplay

Post subject: ::OPEN:: - Mercenarial Pursuits (part zero)
 Post Posted: Tue May 12, 2009 10:09 am 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

(OOC: this is open to all characters whom are familiar with Ares Richard Keeferson, especially those on good terms with him. you should already know whom you are.)

A series of bird-based (but not necessarily owl) posts are dropped to students on good terms with Ares Richard Keeferson. The letterhead is actually one of a badger holding a sword in its left hand, a book in its right hand, and wearing a Canadian flag-based touque. The letterhead reads as follows:

Bad Boys Of Dueling - European Chapter would like to offer you this prized opportunity to work in a defined collective of associated students. With this opportunity, there will be merits such as assisted acquisition of spell components and ingredients, possible tutoring in courses unfamiliar or unsatisfactory, as well as the potential for learning new spells and access to new and varied opportunities. This opportunity is being presented under the sponsorship of Bad Boys Of Dueling, Limited Partnership.

In short, I realize that there have been quite a few things which have gone down recently that have sucked for many. There is no better way to phrase it. And since most of those whom I have sent this letter to I am on good terms with, I thought it a good idea to make it slightly more official. Why? Because everyone needs a little help now and again - from hard-headed Hufflepuffs like myself to slick and smooth Slytherins.

Consider this part of my process of being more humane, not just human. I've made it a point to contact people from all years from First Year all the way to Seventh Year. In light of the recent occurances inside of Hogsmeade and beyond, I have a feeling this idea will benefit more than just the younger students. Not to mention, this should help with dealing with some of the pressures of being within a boarding school far from home for many.

I do hope that you all will consider this offer. It's not enforced. There are no dues. I thought about that one, but the benefits should go far beyond monetary if we manage to do this right. And yes, the badger -is- wearing a touque. It's not a cap, it's a TOUQUE. Learn it. Live it. LOVE IT. (Yes, I do have one.)

=Keeferson=

Post subject: Re: ::OPEN:: - Mercenarial Pursuits (part zero)
 Post Posted: Tue May 12, 2009 10:19 am 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

(OOC: the following letter would be sent to Headmaster Albus Dumbledore, Assistant Headmistress Minerva McGonagall, and Professor Pomona Sprout)

Upon learning of the following students being placed on high-level prohibition, I would like to attempt to present a case in favour of them. I do understand that nothing may come of this, but I figure I may as well try. The reasons for this I do not understand myself, but they may come to me:

Tera Jallebin
Creed Wyldhart
Shacadia Shay
Kristyn Star
Rosdion Nifien

I would try to present a case for Marta Chesfer as well, but unfortunately that is beyond my ability to do so. The following five students were in fact in the school during the last lycanthrope incursion, though admittedly not either at the original times requested or not in their original House Commons. I would like to present the case in person if at all possible. The main reason for this is to have a direct response to my case.

You may consider me impatient, impertinent, or perhaps simply expendable. That is, in the end, of your volition to do so as professors and Headmaster of Hogwarts. I still have to try. If I did not, I would not be true to myself - something you have stressed is important, though it never seems to coincide with the times you in your guidance have wished it.

Respectfully waiting upon response,

Ares Richard Keeferson

Post Posted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:28 am 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

After having talked with a few students in person, Keeferson's hopes have not completely been dashed. He seems to be more than willing to take on this "project" (as he calls it) unto his own shoulders alone if necessary. He has already managed to provide aid for three of the students caught up in the current round of suspensions. As well, he has decided to start trying to actively assist younger students, mainly as this will give him opportunity to ascertain their skills and see how they can improve. (This also gives him the chance to possibly build rapport with said students.)

Keeferson is still doing his translations, but he has not received quite as many as normal. This is not a bad thing, as he is finding himself spending more and more time either behind a desk or very far away from the school grounds. Thankfully, two young women who are angry with his friends back home (in Canada) have not caught him on Durmstrang grounds yet. It is unsure if he knows their faces or not, but apparently they would know Keeferson on sight. (Given his height and the fact he is normally wearing school robes, it isn't quite that difficult.)

Having not received an immediate response, Keeferson is not actively pursuing the appeal he wanted to file. He figures that the letters should have reached the people he sent them to already. From there, he is going to leave things in their court for the time being. It is not as if he is being patient, but forcing himself to "live in the now" in order to achieve a few of his short term goals.

Post Posted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:56 pm 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

Two young women, Dakota J'Telle and Celeste Star, would have received care packages by owl post. The letters attached would be very neatly written, and in the style of a famous poet. The text is exactly the same on both:

within these boxes
shall your fingers find
something useful
to keep in mind
and within these cubes
wrapped in magic and wood
will your knowledge be
expanded for the good

trust not only
your pages vast
within your textbooks
and within your class
know that instead
must you seek out
those who will help you
in rain or in drought

fear not failure
worship not success
for everything has value
as time will attest
and now fair damsel
is your time here
to reach for the stars
and bring glory near

Post Posted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:37 pm 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

To those attempting to pay attention to the behavioiur of Ares Richard Keeferson, they would begin to note the following:

- gradually spending less time outside during bright daylight
- seemingly spending more time in the dungeons
- slowly becoming more mature in how he expresses himself... at random intervals
- decidedly less death threats than the same time the year previous
- has actually shown his face (which has, as one would suspect) brought new speculation
- has been seen at least thrice in Diagon Alley conversing with known young women from Beauxbatons in French... apparently in heated tones
- has been seen at least twice in Diagon Alley being addressed by a small cadre of sorcerers inside of some of the pubs
- has baked three cakes inside of four weeks but nobody knows where those cakes go
- was seen in almost the same position during a six hour period, sitting inside of the Owlery with no less than seven owls around him

Sierra Tillery would have received the following prose in her owl post one morning:

without a glowing star
could you still remain
shining within the night sky
gathering warmth
within the coldest eve
until you would burst forth
in vivid soundless glory
unable to be restrained
with dazzling colour for all

could you still remain
walking over coals
feeling nothing but breeze
traipsing along your ankles
blush rushing up your throat
and gentle feathery laughter
finally lifting you higher
until you could float
over the mountains themselves

could you still remain
on stage in a theatre
creating the audience
with paintbrush in hand
your pallete being thoughts
and your canvas the world
bringing life to what was cold
and stale before your arrival

could you still remain
even after all those things
humble in your beauty
and graceful in victory
without script to read
or sketch to be guided from
are you most wonderful
in more eyes than my own

The owl would be a complete unknown, sent possibly from a landpost inside of Scotland (but definitely not Hogsmeade).

Shacadia Shay would have gotten this from Boots, one of Keeferson's two owls:

though the angels may
look upon your gentle brow
and weep once for sorrow
shall you not be shattered
and left to your own ruin
as my arms will always be
ready to give you strength
and what heart I still possess
shall loan you inner courage

know not only your slippers
made of satin and sapphires
are filled with riches vast
for within your heart
have I known something
which has eluded my eyes
but only shown itself
when you have been here

do not let this world around
grasp hold of you and pull
for your wings are yet to unfurl
gossamer and gilded steel
delicate and powerful
enough to carry you higher
than your dreams would let you fly

Marta Chesfer would have also received a message, but this would be from a peculiarly coloured gyrfalcon. Once the message had been received, the bird would immediately fly out of the nearest window and into the early morning air.

and though it is not
this wandering soul who dares
bay at the moon's beauty
shall I wait patiently
for her to respond
glistening spear of water
at ease in her left hand
yet holding out her right one
fingers outstretched skyward
as if trying to reach up
and reclaim her astral self
but is she here now
goddess given mortal coil
to relearn the saddest lessons
in order to experience joy

could I approach her
knowing she could slay me
but instead do I remain
hidden in plain sight
not wishing to be found
only to be measured unworthy
for her presence is divine
and I have clawed my way
up from depths she should never
be forced to witness

my halo is long broken
and my wings once powerful
crippled from weight of
sins I have yet to commit
but am all too willing
if it would only
allow her to see the sky
as she did before my whisper

Post Posted: Wed May 20, 2009 5:42 pm 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

Soon after the Drama Queen X posters started going up, people would notice that more than a few First and Second Year students of all four years who follow the Amateur Dueling Association News would start muttering to themselves. Whenever and wherever Keeferson would go, small heads would turn in his direction. Given his already semi-paranoid nature, Keeferson would be noted as disappearing the moment he left one of his classes, and then appearing right at the door. This, as one may assume, did not work for long.

Eventually, a small group of Hufflepuff and (strangely enough) Slytherin First Year students would get him surrounded immediately after dinner. All them were milling about, just looking at him as if anticipating something. Given Keeferson's lack of bloodlust against very young people (and the fact attempting to slaughter twenty kids at once would be very bad karma), he growled at them to get out of his way. Individually, the children would have been abjectly terrified. However, they had the moral support of the mob behind them.

Keeferson then asked the closest youngster (a first year damsel in Hufflepuff) the following question:

"What are you all waiting for?"

The young girl answered quite calmly:

"We want answers. We want to know why your mum called you `Richard' when you are clearly a `Reginald.' We also want to know why it is you always have that flopsy weird hood on your head when you should just show your face and be done with it. And we heard that you got into a fight with a vampire, a werewolf, a veela, and a vântoase and wanted to know how managed to do that all in the same afternoon. Also, Kerry wanted to know what a `slag' is as she heard one of the Seventh Year Gryffindors call you that after she read that poster about you."

At least twelve heads bobbed frantically, demanding full explanations. Keeferson, wanting so desperately to run away and hide was forced to talk about himself in ways that would make a biology teacher proud. (Considering one of the girls wanted a diagram of how a proper backhand looks like when delivering it to the face of a Ravenclaw boy, Keeferson was forced to learn how to draw at the same time. He didn't ask for details, however.)

It was when Keeferson got to the word "slag" that he paused. Given that he did not wish to be accused of corrupting a legion of minors, he decided to go with a more conservative route.

"The word `slag' when used like that girl did is an insult. She wanted to insult my honour by stating that I had no morals when it comes to women."

"But Drama Queen X says that you were seen with all these girls! And I know that you also talk to that blonde girl in Slytherin that a lot of people are afraid of..."

"That's right! He talks to Necrolissica Crest! She is like the meanest and most beautiful girl ever!"

"Frankie, you only say that because you like blondes."

"Doesn't make it less true!"

"Children," Keeferson warned, using that voice that younger people tend to heed in racial memory of older brothers they may or may not have. "There will be no fighting here. And just because this... `Drama Queen X' says something, does not make it necessarily true. I am not sniffing after anyone. They are all friends of mine, that's it."

Seven young girls said at once "Yeah Right!" This was echoed by at least twenty other random young women who had decided to stick around in the Great Hall to listen in on what Keeferson was trying to say.

Keeferson's head hit the table and remained there for a good long while.

"Why couldn't it have been demons? Or angry bison? Angry bison are easy to deal with..."

Keeferson's head bounced against the table a few times in frustration. The young people murmured quietly amongst themselves, until their spokesperson (the same girl from Slytherin) decided to take action.

"Well, -I- think that if Drama Queen X has something to say, there's truth behind it somewhere. And -I- think that Drama Queen X is right! You need to grow a spine, Keeferson, and pick a girl! Not one that's already taken though. -I- think you should go for Verita Datten. You need a good strong Slytherin girl to keep you in line."

"No way!" cried one of the Hufflepuff girls. "He should totally go for Evelyn Wolfe! I mean, he's tall, dark, and leanable! He's like Creed Wyldheart and Brennan Brask put together... but not quite as mean with their words or expelled. Or old. Especially old. Because Evelyn should totally go for a younger guy she can teach and train to be faithful and stuff."

Keeferson's hood turned from the Slytherin girl, to the Hufflepuff girl, to the table in front of him. His head hit the table again, hard. Groaning in sorrow for the loss of his sanity, he covered his head with his arms as the First and Second Year students started to argue about the fate of Keeferson's own single life.

Muttering to himself, Keeferson swore if he -ever- found out whom Drama Queen X was, he'd fling her from the Owlery with three thousand copies of the Enquirer turned to lead following her down.

Post Posted: Sun May 24, 2009 12:04 pm 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

(OOC: This is the follow-up post to a roleplaying post in a different thread. « viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2701&p=31557#p31557 » The whole point of this post is to explain how the two characters received their items. That's about it.)

Mystery Strange would have gotten a rather interesting box in her owl post in the early afternoon. Carried by four owls, the box would be significantly larger than what one owl could carry alone. It would be set down before her by the owls as they pecked away the leather thongs helping them to hold the box.

On the box itself, there would be a poem written on papyrus. The papyrus would have the crest of Hogwarts on the top left corner, and on the bottom corner it would have a small motif of Hogwarts Castle. The poem would read as follows:

within this box
lay saving grace
to grant you head start
towards this race
which you have started
by opening the door
to Hogwarts Academy
with wonders galore

shall you never know
what you may have missed
for will all be yours
of this I insist
expand your horizons
and open your eyes
for every day here
shall be a surprise

never forget for a moment
of whom you truly are
with that knowledge in hand
shall you go very far
this is the gate
to your future and more
all you need do now
is unlock the door

The young lady Azaryel Strange would end up getting her delivery in a different fashion. While spending time in her Commons, the young Gryffindor maiden would be accosted by a matched pair of brown and ivory osprey. The two birds would be carrying a box between them. This one, though much smaller than the wooden box Mystery would have received, still contained similar items within. The ospreys would also have parchments wrapped around their legs. One of the parchments would in fact me a First Year spell that Azaryel had been looking for, and the other would be a spot of poetry as well.

fear not the changes
your new life will bring
for even as the roses
change from small buds
to rich and beautiful flowers
so shall you know in time
how enlightened you have become
transforming yourself in turn
like caterpillar to butterfly
and so shall your wings stretch
catch all rays of the sun
until are you filled with warmth

whisper not your passions
let them sing within you
carrying your feet upon breezes
created by your own heart
knowing not your destination
only the path and the goal
for it is your journey
which will define your truth
one never to be stolen
by fools or folly they bring

embrace what is to come
for your future begins here
with every soul you touch
and every fact you learn
as you will in time and grace
become more than you are now
and soon will you find
your dreams are not so far away

Post Posted: Sun May 31, 2009 5:23 am 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

(OOC: this takes place before the events of May 28th, 2009 in real time. These are concerning the care packages given to two students. Though the care packages in essence are OOC, this brings their contents and the reason behind them IC.)

The Remix Can Sometimes Outsell The Original
<Ares Richard Keeferson, age 15, Fifth Year at Hogwarts>

"Keeferson!"

Ares Richard Keeferson, student of Hogwarts, member of House Hufflepuff, afficianado of Potions and pastries, was being bellowed at... again. He was getting quite used to this - especially when he was on the way to the kitchens. Not that he was planning on going to his Common Rooms, though. He had a recipe he had just mailed to him, and he was going to ask the House Elves if he could take over one of the numerous stoves and ovens within the kitchen to try it out. Apparently (if the tone of voice was anything to go by), that wasn't about to happen too soon.

"Keeferson, we want a word with you! Now!"

The voice was one of the Sixth Year Gryffindor girls. He couldn't quite remember her name, but he did remember being in Advanced Runes and Ancient Civilizations with her. The fact she was approaching at high speed with a few of her friends in tow could not mean anything good. She also had her wand gripped firmly in her left hand. Vaguely, Keeferson remembered that she and a few other girls from Gryffindor were either left-handed or ambidextrous. Not that it mattered if she casted at him in the middle of the unsurprisingly prefect-free Entrance Hall. He would do his best to cut her down if she tried anything unpleasant.

"Expellaramius!"

The girl in the far back let forth a spell in Keeferson's direction. As Keeferson made to dodge, he watch the arcane stream of force fly towards him... and then distinctly over his left shoulder as a Seventh Year Ravenclaw student (who was aiming right at the girl's face) toppled over into his friends. Keeferson, turning between the two combatants, shrugged once and scowled at the girls. (The young man and his cohorts beat a hasty treat.)

"Keeferson! You are coming with us. No, you don't get a choice in this. Yes, we -will- use a binding spell on you if you don't walk willingly. No, I didn't rip down a copy of that poster about you being a pool boy... but I do know a few interested people if you are willing to do private showings and-"

Keeferson's face flushed in shock and mortification. He did not even remember being frog-marched out into the public Grounds of the school and sat down on the ground beneath one of the larger trees. Surrounded by four different Gryffindor dames, he looked around at them and sighed. He really wasn't looking for a fight this day. All he wanted was to try out this new jambalaya recipe that was sent to him from his friends in Canada. Okay, that and perhaps get some mulled wine and spend an evening in quiet contemplation over the spells he was working on.

"Care packages. We need a set made for two new students. We just had two late sorted girls show up into our House, and we want them to be well off. We did a little year-based donation drive for the duo. We should have just enough to cover your rates for one of them. We have enough random older ingredients to help out the second one. Thing is, we know that -you- know how to not only make a care package, but make it work nice. I mean, you have connections I'd rather not think about."

"Okay, before anything else... your name?"

"Keeferson, you numbskull, did you get hit in the head a few too many times? I'm Skylarke Crestfield - your Ancient Runes partner this year whenever we aren't allowed to just choose someone in your own House? The professor paired us up when you didn't immediately look for a partner? We are in the group of three along with Tryiana Meiyou's cousin in Ravenclaw. What was her name again..."

"Ayameko Kinuhowaito. And to answer your question, it's not just my head people enjoy striking. I have had a long week, Skylarke. Remembering anything that doesn't involve my being hurt or hurting other people or Professor Snape's essays has been difficult for me. I take it that's Yeardleigh Rainglow in the white ribbon, Tambre Oakensword in the three inch heels, and Phillida Courtfennel who was throwing the thunderbolts? Takes me a while to remember things, recently."

Skylarke looked at Keeferson critically. "Yes, seems you know my friends by reputation if nothing else. Not that it matters that much. So then, I have a few bags of things here. Think you can reorganize this all and then get the rest for two girls?"

"Can I get their names at least?"

"Oh yeah, almost forgot: `Blazefire' and Susan Vance. I doubt Blazefire is her real name, but it's not the strangest name I've heard of. I mean, some muggle called their daughter `Moon Unit.' What kind of crazy parents do that to their child? That's about as illogical as calling your kid something like `Rumor' or `Apple.' Do you know what I mean, Keeferson?"

"My first name is Ares, Skylarke. And as for Moon Unit? She's the daughter of a famous musician, Frank Zappa. Rumor's the daughter of a famous actor and actress as well, Demi Moore and Bruce Willis. And as for Apple? Daughter of Gwyneth Paltrow and Coldplay's Chris Martin. Coldplay is the name of a muggle band. Pretty famous, actually. So then, names can do that - be strange and still be their real names. Just leave the money and the ingredients with me, and I'll do the rest."

The Vance sisters would receive in the owl posts for the evening repast three boxes each. Each of the boxes would be quite well made and tied with red ribbon. The knots on the boxes were done with satin, and obviously with care and concern. The owls all would be hooting for attention, being fairly young and savouring human contact. The fourth bird of each time would be a goshawk. They would allow the two girls enough time to remove the letters from their left ankles before taking off again. Apparently, the goshawks were in a hurry to do some early hunting of their own. The owls would remain, however, until shooed away. In the letter for Blazefire, this is the poem left behind:

though you are new
and as your time passes within these hallowed halls, will you
experience the glories that arrive within your House.
with name leading the way and fingertips opening doors,
shall you in due time keep more than dragons within your heart
and exhuberance of dance in your veins. to be tempered
with wisdom, will you transfigure from mere dagger to a
beautiful cutlass. your mind is more than a plaything, but
realm to be enriched with knowledge and patience. dream not of
what you have already accomplished, but how far your wings
will carry you. and upon the plateau of your future
graduation, will you then see exactly where next you
may soar towards.

And as for Susan Vance, she would receive a different work of lyrical interest. To be noted, neither of them would be able to recognize Keeferson's handwriting. Since neither of them had met Keeferson at this time, they would have nothing to reference. As well, Keeferson had spent time making his calligraphy different than his normal writing style.

and as the fires rise
will the water continue to flow
undaunted by obstacles fierce
shall in time all things bend to your will
with patience in heart and hand
blessed breath filling your sight
soft glow of moonlight kissing shoulders
as Night herself becomes your blanket
holding you within bosom
so then when sleep does arrive
will there be no terror but peace

above the clouds shall you begin
looking upon the dawn
as the sun itself rises high
close enough to touch gracefully
but far too fierce to hold
your hands will remain unscalded
striding with tender pride
knowing in your heart and soul
shall even if you falter
will you rise to every challenge
and conquer them with gentle smile
still upon your lovely visage

Post Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:59 am 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

(OOC: yes, more care packages have been made. this is to cover one of them. the character in question? Sammy Gin. I'll actually finish up the post when I get home from work today if I cannot complete it in the next few hours. For people looking for randomized secondary characters to play when you aren't doing anything with your main, feel free to talk with me. I'm sure we can come up with something together in due time.)

Rotating Seasonings Is Different Than Rotating Seasons

Ares Richard Keeferson had not even officially started his day. Okay yes, he -had- gotten a shower and trimmed himself up for the day. He was in proper House robes, even if he never could truly identify with Hufflepuff tenets. He wasn't even wearing a hood, meaning his ochre-tainted irises were on fully display for everyone. All he wanted to do was forget some parts of the previous evening (including a bit of negotiation with the House Elves about something) by having a full breakfast.

That, as one may have guessed, was not to be.

"Keef!"

The words that Keeferson uttered to himself were perfectly translatable... but not in front of your professors or parents. The last thing Keeferson needed was more people harassing him about anything. Of course, what he considered "harassment" was mercurial at the best of times. The five girls approaching him were rather familiar to him. He could not for the life of him figure out why they would be caught dead -together,- though.

The young woman who had called out his name was none other than Hamiyet Karadeniz, one of Sinn're friends. (Sinn're, of course, being the chief Slytherin dame that had him as a "retainer" of sorts.) Along with her were Leanne-Leigh Jolidura of Gryffindor (who was a member of that ill-fated "interview" of his), Bionca Greensway (who had already been a part of a group of Hufflepuffs that demanded his services once), a young woman named Edie Beckersdale (a Hufflepuff who had also had a run-in with Keeferson previously) and another Gryffindor whose name Keeferson could never recall on command: Nikki Tecchizis. (She apparently had a thing for dragons.)

"Keef! Guess what?" And with that, Hamiyet (to the complete surprise of the other young women there) flounced into his lap, in front of the entire Ravenclaw table. "Your oh so manly services are needed again. You wouldn't be able to resist a gorgeous, young, and brilliant Slytherin like myself now would you?"

The repeated batting of the eyes at him caused Keeferson to motion as if he was about to push her off right to the floor. Hamiyet giggled at him, pulling down his hood and standing up in the same motion. The Ravenclaw First and Second Year students were watching this by-play, completely amazed Keeferson wasn't already spitting fire at her. (And yes, they were expecting it to be literal.) Edie and Bionca turned to each other, rolling their eyes. Turning back to Keeferson, Bionca sighed and tossed him a satchel of coins.

"No, don't argue. Yes, you can start after breakfast. The name's Sammy Gin. Yes, sister to Tammy Gin. Not my fault she doesn't have a `kewl tr00 1337 ' name like yours. Yes, I can speak in netspeak and not die. No, you can't sacrifice Hamiyet to Cthulhu. She's sort of on loan from the people who have dibs on you all the time. Yes, she's a sweet kid. No, Serin Tyin has no idea we are doing this... and he's not going to. Yes, you can count it if you want. No, we aren't going to nag you about how soon it needs to be done."

Keeferson looked at the group with completely blank eyes. Taking the money filled satchel, he jingled it for a bit in his left hand. This, of course, was a very stupid thing to do in front of impressionable young students.

"Cor, blimey! You can make MAD Galleons by lettin' crazy Slytherin bints sit in your lap, righ'? Oi, Harris! You see what the Mad Muggleborn Mauler just did? He's just sittin' there all sorcerer-pimp-cup style, and he just got paid to have some -SMOKIN'- Snakecharmer jus' rub up on him like and snatch up righ' proper ingredients and stuff like! I wanna be like THAT when I get older."

Keeferson's head hit the table with a mighty thump. Repeatedly.

"Why me...? Why is it -always- me...?"

Nikki and Leanne-Leigh came over and started rubbing his back as if attempting to comfort him.

"Awwe... Muffin... It'll be okay... Honest it will be..."

"Shut. Up."

Keeferson was greeted by the sounds of at least five girls giggling at his expense... and one or two poor Ravenclaw boys being beaten with a rolled-up copy of the latest Daily Prophet.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:22 am 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

(ooc: this would occur after Keeferson's rather interesting escape from his comatose state. it seems that Keeferson can't escape his DESTINY no matter what he does. of course, that destiny isn't exactly what most people would assume it to be.)

Half Asleep And Still Sleeping Awake

"Hey! Hey! Sleeping Beauty! Over here! We need a little help, would you?"

This was the third time within a forty eight hour period that Keeferson had been called that title from someone that was not one of his friends. In fact, he did not even -know- the Sixth Year Gryffindor's face. He was a little on the smaller side - but of course, Keeferson considered anyone under 5'10" diminuitive. Thankfully, he did not hold the same standards to his positively ridiculous consumption of food.

Trudging over with a scowl on his face and a snarl in his throat, the young Hufflepuff approached the small group of students. As they were at the edge of the Forbidden Forest, he found it interesting that one of them had been trapped underneath a fallen tree. After he took a quick look at the tree, he discovered the problem crawling around on the bark: a certain collection of magic-resistant insects had bored through the tree, killing it. They were similar to regular beetles and ants, except for some of the properties within their ichor. As there was a whole colony of them infesting this tree and possibly some of the others in the immediate vicinity, trying to move them using direct magical means would be fruitless.

"You all missed Professor Snape's class on Potions-related entomology, didn't you. These are Camponotus edero mirari. In short: magic-eating ants. They are no different from regular carpenter ants. Your spells will be useless. Same thing with any potions you would try to drop on them directly. Your friend is trapped under there unless Hagrid comes along or..."

One of the other Gryffindor's there, a young man in his Fifth Year, glared at Keeferson.

"Or what? Until he dies or something stupid like that? Come on, man. You're supposed to be the big time Action Nerd or something like that!"

"Shut up. I'm thinking over here."

"Why I ought to just-"

"Mikhail, settle. Seriously now. We called him over here to get Jacilson out of this mess, not start a bloomin' war, right? Now then, let Keeferson and his big brain get to work."

"Actually, I have your solution already. Start a very small fire underneath the ants themselves."

"What? Are you boffin' Umbridge or something? That'll sit there and-"

"The fire does not need to be held for long. You need the ants and the beetles along side them to leave one part of the tree." Keeferson pointed to a section just above the trapped young man Jacilson. "There. At that point I should be able to do the rest. These insects consume fluid magic. Meaning your spells themselves would be wasted completely. They don't affect magical items. Just be ready to pull when I tell you."

"He's barkers, that's what he is."

"Any of you feel like waiting for Professor Hagrid? By all means do so as the pressure slowly increases on your friend's legs."

"Lads... We don't have a choice. Do it."

And so they did. Keeferson managing to use his Troll Gloves and a few swiftly downed potions to great effect. Managing to push the tree upwards and away just far enough off of Jacilson's legs, Keeferson gave the Gryffindors enough room to drag their friend out from underneath the tree itself. Dropping the tree the moment Jacilson was free, Keeferson sagged against another oak at the edge of the forest, suddenly exhausted. Without another word to the boys there, he walked back towards the castle.

"You know, he didn't even give a chance to thank him. Bloody ponce. I mean, if it were me I'd be straight out soaking up accolades at this moment."

"That's because, Terosyne, he's not you. He's not me. He's not like anyone in the entire hoidy toidy Academy of London, most definitely. But that's Jacilson's legs he just saved, so keep calling him a ponce or a tosser in your head, right?"

Post Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:49 pm 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

A document would find its way distributed through the dormitories of Hogwarts. The document itself could only be read by students in their final year of Hogwarts. How someone could find a way to place an Age Ward on parchment is difficult in an of itself. The fact they managed to create a few of them is even more impressive... and disturbing. The document would be a duplicated copy of an article from the leading wizarding newspaper in Spain, translated to English.

The main gist of the full page article would be on the Amateur Dueling International rankings. (ooc: as far as I know dueling without lethal intent is perfectly legal. so, why not have a league for such? similar to kickboxing and gymnastics.) In the bottom left corner, there would be a section about a group of young collectively known as "The Bad Boys of Dueling" who - thanks to a rather interesting series of events - were all banned from dueling for two months in any form in any sport if it was not "in defense of life, limb, or liberty." The group consists of sixteen people, seven of them being Canadian. A special mention is made that all of their known associates have ALSO been banned by their respective governments until the incident has been cleaned up.

Underlined and circled in the names of associates is one individual. The article goes into detail about him as follows:

"Lord Arkham," otherwise refered to by Arkady Chung-Lei
class C+ duelist
has been challenged by class B+, B, and B- duelists with better than average record
actively resigned from non-team based dueling for "personal reasons"

The article does have interviews from other duelists from other schools (North American and otherwise) who have been looking to find "Lord Arkham" and duel him again after his long absence from the individual rankings. It is noted that there is no picture of this "Lord Arkham" showing his face. However, the last thing in the regular notes about this young man is the fact he is always wearing gloves. It is like he doesn't want people to see his true appearance at any cost. The one picture that has a full body shot of the entire group of "The Bad Boys of Dueling" has a clear shot of "Lord Arkham's" dueling gloves.

The pattern is the exact same one Keeferson has on the majority of his gloves he is always wearing regardless of time of day.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:53 pm 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

(ooc: figure I would post this year. mainly of interest to players who are closely associated with Jessica, Roland, and/or Keeferson.)

Keeferson arrived at the apartment that Scathach and Kaylie were renting, only to see the door was left partially open. Hearing discussion from within, he thought at first to come back later. Then what bothered him was the aspect of the door being open in the first place: nobody left the door open in these apartments, as it automatically closed. Further along in the mystery, there was nothing holding the door open properly. That could only mean one thing…

“Oh, I believe the young man is here. By all means, Liam, please summon your young man. I’ve been waiting to meet him in person.”

It was a woman’s voice that said that. A woman’s voice that he had never heard before came from the apartment. It was almost musical, the way this woman spoke. Almost guaranteed, Keeferson had never heard of the woman before, either. Scathach’s note left on the refrigerator door had given the young man significant warning, but it still did not prepare him for the actual meeting itself. Regardless, he waited by the door until Liam Creidhne came out for him.

“Hey there, Keef. Seems the bridge we get to jump off of showed up today. It’s not that you didn’t know this was coming either, savvy? Scathach told me that he made sure to whisper the word to you ahead of time. No doe-in-headlights look on your face. That’s a good sign. Sorry about all this, laddiebuck, but there’s no real preparation for something like this. Just don’t try to make yourself look too good or too bad, alright? Remember, it’ll reflect on me as well as all the rest of us if you botch this one like you did your girl there back in Hogwarts, eh? And yes, they’ll be havin’ some words on you and your school days and -school daze- throughout all this.”

Liam spoke to Keeferson in low tones, trying to make sure that he was not heard by whoever was inside. The dark-hooded Torontonian nodded whenever Liam made a point to him. He was just taking this all in slowly, as if he was walking into his own funeral. And the way that Scathach and Liam were putting it to him, he just might be. At the age of fifteen, Keeferson had managed to entrench himself so deep in this lifestyle, there was no safe way to get out of it. Even if he ran home to Canada now, it would follow him there.

“So be it.”

Keeferson entered the apartment behind Liam. Liam did not have his trademark grin on his face. He was all business in front of the five other people there. One of them he knew already: Perri Wurring. According to Scathach’s letter, he and Liam were now almost even in terms of their ranking inside this organization the young Hogwarts student found himself involved in. And according to the letter, Perri wasn’t all that pleased about that. Then again, there was nothing saying that Perri had not increased in her station as well in some ways. Keeferson wasn’t about to ask those sorts of questions right now. He had other things to worry about. Mainly as he did not know the other four people in the room. One of them was busy fooling around with the computer he had just finished reformatting. It took all of his patience and tolerance not to storm over to the other side of the room and smack their hands away.

Out of the four, two of them were clearly in charge. One of them was a delicate looking woman with long dark brown hair. Her skin was darker than anyone else in the room, save for the malevolence-minded Hufflepuff. The other one, leaning against the chair of the first, had more of a boyish cut and distinctly platinum sheen to her naturally white hair. The calculating Canadian assumed both of them were pureblooded wizards by their poise and their presence. The two men were probably the bodyguards of the pair, or other members in the organization. The one guy by the computer looked to be around thrice Keeferson’s own age. As for the last gentleman, he was clearly in his element as he was by far the best dressed person there. Keeferson figured him to be the “public face” of the organization. Still, he had been wrong before, and was not about to take any of the quartet lightly.

“So then, this… is the infamous Arkady Chung-Lei. Or should I say Lord Arkham? Ares Richard Keeferson? Which of these are you, really?”

This was the guy by the computer. The cranky Canadian already had at least five different ways to give the man a painful and deleterious demise with just the random potions in his bag. Still, he was supposed to be nice about it. Okay, maybe “nice” was too strong a word. Still, just randomly cussing the man out for being a ponce was out of the question.

“All three. The name changes depending on the locale and the situation. I have also been Charlie Huang, Delviro Lawson, and Kel’shawn Davison. In the end, the name matters little as long as the tasks are completed.”

Keeferson said this in a complete monotone. His eyes never left the two women. They did not even veer off to check out Perri. He already knew that everyone else – Scathach, Tiernan, Aeronwny, and Talaitha – would be in the other apartment down the hall. Undoubtedly they would be getting interviewed as well, or getting updates on how Keeferson was doing through some sort of magical means… or through the internet. Keeferson realized the computers were on when he noticed barely the digital web cameras were blinking. Still, he had to focus on the task at hand: this interview.

“I don’t like him, Jayshree. I say we cut our losses, cut his throat, and just leave him in the river. I mean, what’s one more bleedin’ snotling like him in the ocean, right?”

The man said this with a sneer. Keeferson was absolutely certain that if reincarnation existed, in his next life he was going to stab the man until he collapsed.

The darker skinned dame turned slightly to the man by the computer.

“Fine then. You may kill him.”

Liam and Perri turned to each other with whitened knuckles on their chairs. Before they could do anything, the woman with strange coloured hair motioned for them to be still. The man in the extremely expensive suit sighed once, as if he had been expecting such. The man with the knife strolled across the room, laughing. Pulling out a switchblade, he stalked his way over to Keeferson… only to see Keeferson reach into his bag.

“Oh… you think you’re man enough to cut me, do you? Little sweetmeat’s looking to get himself a new face looks like. This is going to be the easiest cut of mincemeat I’ve hand in a-“

The man paused as Keeferson’s hand came out of the bag. In his hand, three vials of what was clearly hydrochloric acid sat quite comfortably. Keeferson’s cold stare had moved now from the two women to the man’s throat. He obviously wasn’t looking to survive the encounter. He also wasn’t looking to take anything home with him, either.

“Wait a minute, duckets. You’re supposed to be mewling for mumsie and dadsie like a little tinkertoy. That’s not the face of some little soft-bellied student.”

“Not here for your amusement. This isn’t school. This isn’t the Ministry. If you kill me, nobody cares. If I kill you, nobody cares. So then, come and kill me. Last thing you’ll see is green.”

Keeferson’s voice was once again without inflection. It was the voice of someone who had lost all hope months ago, if not years ago. The look in his eyes was completely dead. To those even who did know him, someone would think it was as if someone had torn his heart out all over again. Keeferson did not even care whom else was in the room with him. All he was concerned about was making sure his last breath was spent taking this man’s life before him who wasn’t even drawing a wand. In fact, none of them were, which was definitely strange at the very least.

“Seems to me, Jayshree, that we have more than just a pencil-pushing translating kid here. A little too used to being threatened it seems. Push comes to shove, I don’t think he’ll be the first one out the back door. Heck, I don’t think he’ll even bother looking for a way out. A little too crazy for my personal tastes.”

This was the man in the suit, whom at this time had pulled off his gloves and was busy manicuring his nails. Keeferson was still focused on the man with the knife. He wasn’t about to try to pull out his wand. That would be surefire death at the very least. Besides, none of the spells he had been working on for years were complete in his head yet. Meaning all he had were a bunch of incantations from school books which never seemed to work right when he needed them to. However, these people didn’t mind the possibility of one of their members getting his face melted off…

“Definitely one of Liam's then. And this is the same one who spent almost eight hours just -looking- at a painting that was older than his grandparents put together and translated everything about it. I do admit, though, I was expecting someone far less... I am not sure what to say? I mean, he just looks like he will grow up to be a professional wrestler, if he even grows up. And the fact he was willing to drop three vials of whatever that green stuff is into poor Hartwell's face. I mean, that is just... callous!"

"Britizon Andronathy Kayle, you have the most amazing way with words. You do realize that this is the same lad who got rid of those dirks for you, right? Not to mention who was responsible for that silken scarf you bedazzle those Ministry wives with at those social events you can't help but go to? He comes cheap, he stays loyal, and he's willing to defend himself. As far as I'm concerned Liam and Perri can keep the chapel kit under lock and bit for as long as they can hold him. Hartwell... put the dagger away. We all know you hate knives."

Once more it was the woman with the spectacular hair and decidedly bronzed complexion doing all the talking. Throughout the entire mess, the woman who Keeferson believed to be Jayshree had been watching every action and reaction the young man committed to - and a few he didn't. As she tapped the other woman on the shoulder, she smiled in Liam's direction almost ferally. Liam, for his part, had the good graces to look very nervous and adjust his tie. Perri had remained on the edge of her seat until the other woman had spoken. Only then had she relaxed, and even that was subjective.

"Oh yes, I do believe we should introduce ourselves. I-" began the woman with the silver hair "-am Jayshree Amarit Gyrfalcon. As you may have guessed, my parents love East Indian culture. My good friend here is Rajni Indrani Morrison. You have already heard the voice of `reason,' Britizon over there. And as for Mr. Hartrell Cormorant, he's actually pretty harmless. He's just a very good actor. So if you would, please put away the acid. You've passed the test. You're in."

"And what happens if I don't like your test or your way of doing things?"

Keeferson was at this time quivering with rage. The vials in his hand were shivering dangerously. Hartrell for his part looked quite worried. Britizon never stopped filing his nails for a moment.

"You see, young man... It no longer matters what -you- want to do. It only matters what -we- are willing to do to you. And if you wish to try me, you can feel free to reach for your wand. I'll even let you cast off a spell. It should be worth it to see what you can do."

Britizon had made it quite clear that he was not only unimpressed, but more than happy to put Keeferson in his place magically. As he smiled glibly at Keeferson, he face-faulted when he found four wands coming from the hallway pointed right at him. What was worse, however, were the two OTHER wands from two of the people seated also aimed at him.

"Britizon... shut up. He belongs to us. He remains with us. And you... get no more freebies. Feel free to put up the going rate with an additional twenty-five percent `annoyance tax' the next time you need anything translated through him. Considering half of the things I sent to him were for you, I'd say you had quite the bargain going there until you decided to open your mouth again. And one other thing, Britizon - you are not that cute. Trust me, I've seen better walking past a kindergarten class."

This was all Perri, who had just about enough of the foppish man's lip, if looks were not deceiving. Jayshree and Rajni just laughed softly at Britizon, who could do nothing more but look miffed and buff his nails repeatedly. Still, his hands were impeccable. Looking at all those with wands out, he merely sighed to himself.

"Right then, be that way. He's a base thug, like the six of you. And he will never be more than that. I mean, he probably does not know how to tie his own tie without sorcery. Or even match his shoes without a numbering spell. Keep the mental midget if you wish, as I have no time for idiots and imbeciles... unless they are rich, attractive, and willing to spend their money on me. "

Keeferson slowly put the vials of acid away, as Talaitha and the others gathered around him to congratulate him on being allowed into the organization at long last.

"Now then, Mr. Ares Richard Keeferson," began Rajni in a calm voice that all turned their heads to listen to, "let's get down to business, shall we? As far as I can see, we have three issues to address. The first one is your obvious attitude towards life in general, and your life specifically. As that will take some time to adjust, I am willing to give it time. The second one is your school and your school work. I do believe you were already warned about this conversation, so I do not believe you are going to try to run out of here like a scalded dog. And the third issue we are going to cover here is concerning your friend's face..."

Keeferson knew beyond a shadow of a doubt, this was going to be a very long night for him indeed. And by the end of it, Keeferson had found there was a fourth topic on Jayshree and Rajni's agenda that concerned him: women. And that one made him so uncomfortable, he couldn't sleep for the rest of the evening.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:21 am 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

Keeferson went back to the apartment, mainly for the meeting with Liam and the others. After the "staining remaining" incident with Lani and her injuries, Liam had decided Keeferson needed a little more... "work done." So, Liam had made it a point to get his entire crew to the apartment Scathach and Kaylie were renting in their names. After Keeferson explained everything he could from that event, Liam nodded and got to work spelling out for Keeferson what would be happening next with him. Somehow, Liam had gotten Keeferson a visitor's pass for one of the newer hospitals within London. There, Keeferson would be going to study at least one night per week all things medical with a few contacts of Liam's there. Notably enough, Liam didn't say if Keeferson would be studying magical or non-magical means of treating wounds. He didn't even tell Keeferson what he would be needing to bring with him. All the young man knew was that he had to play complete attention at all times, as Liam himself would be notified of Keeferson's progress... or lack of it.

The second thing on the agenda was Keeferson's failing health. Going over some of the basics, Liam concluded Keeferson needed more exercise. Tiernan and Scathach's immediate suggestions to cure that problem were met with the Saturday Special Edition of the London Times to the temples. Repeatedly. (Never let it be said that Talaitha didn't know how to use the newspaper to her advantage. Aeronwy threatened a follow-up with a hardcover version of Ursula K. Le Guin's "Tehanu", but Scathach begged off pleading he already had a concussion.) Letters were sent off to Perri, Consolantia, and Yolanda also concerning this - mainly as if he didn't, Liam would be in serious trouble with certain people above him.

Finally, there was that little bit about Keeferson and wedding plans... Keeferson did his best to run from the room screaming at that point. Aeronwy stopped him and dragged him back. Muttering to herself about "interfering biddies," Talaitha helped Aeronwy sit Keeferson back at his spot at the table. The next hour was Keeferson going through numerous names, photographs, and dossiers... and asking why Jayshree wanted to see him -MARRIED- at the age of fifteen.

"It's not Jayshree, laddiebuck. It's Rajni... and some friend of hers we haven't met yet. And we haven't a bleedin' clue."

Keeferson kept his head firmly implanted in the table for the rest of the evening.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:46 am 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

(OOC: just a little something extra)

After the events of the past few days, the rumour went completely silent about Ares Richard Keeferson for a full day and night. It was as if an unofficial moratorium went out to people that did not know him concerning even mentioning his name. Anyone who normally had something to say about him was remaining quiet for a change. The reason for this? There were two adults in the school asking about him. Both of them in robes that bespoke of power, of talents... and of potential danger. Somehow, they managed to not encounter a single member of the faculty during the ten minutes they were in the school. By the time any members of the staff were alerted to their presence and looking... they were gone.

Both of those inquiring about Keeferson were women, and quite striking ones at that. Most of the students they had polite words with were members of Slytherin or of Gryffindor. They had easy smiles, and flawless grace. Not to mention one of them seems to almost float over the floors. When asked, however, no student could give a definite description of what the two people looked like outside of "beautiful like swans, majestic like lions" or similar. Were they all charmed? Could these two women have been more than what they seemed? It was not as if they actively -did- anything to anyone. However, the concern would still be there.

Perhaps it would explain for Keeferson's horrific attitude as of late? After all, he isn't known for being the sweetest candy in the shoppe...

Post Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:43 am 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

(ooc: this would be all on a mini-poster, scattered throughout the school. apparently, 'articles' like this one are not all that welcome in the regular school paper. who knew?)

Spotted!

Ares Richard Keeferson, the known "Hufflepuff Hardcase," was seen exiting what looked to be a muggle detention facility in the company of two young women. The two are apparently students of a well-to-do private school for magically inclined young women. Both of them were former Beaxbatons students. Meeting them outside, were two more young women...

... from the London Academy of Magic.

The names of the four young women are still being worked on, but they are all on the International Amateur Dueling Association roster for their respective schools. This might be where Keeferson would know them from, as it has been deduced beyond all spectuation (thanks to our sources) that Arkady Chung-Lei of the "Bad Boys of Dueling, Inc." is in fact Hufflepuff's own Ares Richard Keeferson. One has to wonder exactly what spells Keeferson -does- know, given that he rarely duels anyone, even for practice. We have also found out that Keeferson's latest international suspension from dueling has been lifted. Apparently, his being friends with the Canadian duelinig crew "BBoD (also dubbed the "Bad Boys of Discipline" thanks to their behaviour) was more than enough to have his license to duel without "just and immediate cause" revoked.

We didn't know you could be suspended from dueling before we heard about this...

The two dames also seemed elated to see not on their (supposed) friends, but Keeferson as well, giving him a huge hug each. What exactly is going on here? Keeferson may not have been all smiles, but he was visibly relaxed around the four of them. It was then he was picked up a fifth young woman - clearly older than the other four and familiar to Keeferson. He kissed their hands goodbye and left with the older woman, chatting aimiably with her.

*Pictures of the entire incident are posted with this mini-poster , including some great shots of Keeferson in a sportscoat and denim pants.*

Board index » Server » Roleplay