WoHP Homepage    Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Server » Roleplay

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: =Ravenclaw Status Titans=
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:13 am 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

(ooc: trying to type this out in a separate e-mail window while at work. Still looking over forms I need to master, computations I need to memorize, and other such good things. I do have to admit, this is going to be an interesting day. I am running on the most sleep I have had in a while, and I am still way too tired for my own good. Perhaps it is time for hypnotism or something stronger than just hitting the hay.)

Equilibrium Existentialism: Balancing Out The Meanings Of Life With Lives Of Meaning

Another hit. Another day. Another poster from the Ravenclaw Status Titans. Seems those wonderful women are at it again. And today, they have their sights set on someone completely different. Given the Slytherin Siren Seven have not exactly gone on vacation, one has to wonder exactly how close or how far apart the two cliques (as in reality, that is just what they are) consider themselves in ideology. Six of one, half a dozen of the other, and everyone else with shards of egg shells flying at them.

The student in their sights today was - quelle surprise - a Slytherin. Given the fact said student had decided to take a small leave of abscence, one had to wonder how opportune it was for the Ravenclaw Status Titals to take a stab at his name now. Then again, they had made it a point of going for those who stood out in ways unacceptable to them personally. And they also had their own time schedule, which explained more than a few of their choices.In the end, it did not matter when they chose to put up their posters, everyone was going to see them in one way or another.

"You will notice today's posters are done in the colours of black and gold. The simplicity of it reflects the elegence of magic itself, when used correctly. Unfortunately, the subject of our collective wrath is singularly uncouth on so many levels. One has to wonder what he could have transfigured into given the time and the proper people around him. Instead, he was discovered by the worst possible choices and has steadily declined in discipline, dedication, and decorum. Yes, we are speaking of Mr Roland Fell.

"The horror that is the ruins of his visage is not his worst characteristic. If only that were true, we would not need to haul him before the proverbial court for his trial .Though one has to exclaim disgust and dismay for the wreck that is his face, that can be controlled. So, without a doubt, should he. We woud advice a magical dog collar which electrocuted him any time he stepped out of the narrow path. If naught else, it would be sadly amusing for a few moments. Eventually he would get used to the anguish, and more powerful spells necessary to keep him contained.

"Speaking of Roland Fell, he has been supposedly involved in a torrid series of relationships and attempted relationships. For someone who first introduced themselves as `provider of assistance,' he certainly tried a little too hard with some. We could name off those young women foolish enough to fall for his tiresome tongue-tempered trickery, but that would be beneath us. After all, they have sullied themselves more than enough by association alone. We need not do that to them again.

"Roland Fell is, as well, a virtual menace to magical society. If given enough time, he could easily become a true message to all about how easy it is to burn up like Icarus and plummet into the unforgiving depths. During his first year, he was relatively pathetic with his long hair and tragic tale. Now, he has become if nothing else a raider of women's personables, and a mental marauder. We have yet to catch him close to our doors inside of Ravenclaw, but know there will be initials burned into his backside if anything of ours goes missing.

"Coming back to the topic of his mind, we have asked blatantly if more than his cheeks were hollowed out in that accident of his. Repeatedly were we rebuffed by those in the know, as they reminded us about his lack of sanity previous to the mishap. Perhaps he is one of those young people that should not be allowed to live varoius medications There are cases such as his in the muggle world: he ought be sent there where he will no longer disturb us.

"Questioning Roland's lack of sanity is more of a sport than a concern. Usually you can pass rignt by him on the central stairs without him batting his remaining eye. Other days, he has been rumoured to cast without rhyme or reason inside of the Great Hall while there were no known witnesses. Ther term `mercurial' is more than just a term when it comes to Roland Fell: it is an entire state of being. The few students known to keep his aggravating self in check are not prize-winning people either.

"Never again should anyone like Roland Fell be so graciously accepted by Hogwarts. As one can easily see, the advantages are outstripped by his numerous (and possibly lethal) flaws. The knowledge he can easily enter and exit the dorimtories shows he has used what friends he has to gain access. He has a criminal mind, the face of bat's entrails, and the patience of a fruit fly. I do not believe Roland Fell should be welcomed so readily by we the sane and the wise. He should have been potty-trained years ago. Doing so now would be tempestuous at best. The teachers should have handled him like Ares Keeferson handles a sandwich. Perhaos now they might..."

Post subject: Re: =Slytherin Siren Seven=
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:16 am 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

(ooc: managed to get enough in me to complete one of Ravenclaw Status Titan posts. here's hoping I have more creativity in me to do a second one. I would really like to make these interesting enough for players to bring them up in character more often. people with suggestions on how to do that please send me commentary in PMs.)

Expectations Expended: What Happens To Dreams When All The Creativity Bleeds Away

A second set of posters goes up with dark "gun metal gray" background and a violet text. The entire border is made to look like it was dipped in ice, crystalline structures of sea greens and deep lake blues from edge to edge. The ice is so realistic it twinkles in the light - obviously a magical effect. The entire poster seems cool to the touch, but one can tell it is only treated parchment from the feel of it. There are no pictures on this poster either, the same as the previous one. Nor are there any hidden messages or cryptic runes this time around.

The tone and the mood the font itself is grim and gothic. Despite the colour used for the writing, the poster retains its original purpose: to cleave into the well-being of the subject's mindset, belittling them at created opportunities. Unlike with the Slytherin Siren Seven, the savage bitterness is not present. Only the cold tone of perceived logic pervades the poster's message. And given who the message is for, the response might be a little warmer than they might expect...

"Normally, we would have reserved some more time for another Slytherin. We fully intend to breach their shores again in due time. However, there is yet another Hufflepuff who has lurked in and out of our sights for seven full years. We do have to use that work `lurk' as for someone of his stature, he has made it a point to try to be as unconspicous as possible. As you may have all realized already, he has failed miserably. And the moment he actually thought to do something far above his station in life, we have kept as close an eye on his progress as we have any one student previously.

"That is right, we have had our collective eye on Patrick Quigley for quite some time. We do hope this does not cause him to go into some sort of convulsion or seizure. That would be rather gauche if nothing else, considering his gaunt presence. We as a whole cannot even recall what his eye colour is, as he seems to enjoy obfuscating himself in school robes. One could almost place money on if he wears the robes even in muggle areas - if he could muster up the courage to do so. At least that one Hufflepuff with the red eyes had solid reason to be so secretive.

"As for being paranoid, we have never seen a student so afraid of absolutely nothing. He has made it a point to find as many passages, tapestries, and other such means of avoiding being seen. Not that such is a bad thing, and Hufflepuffs are not noted for their bravery or boldness. Patrick at least works very hard at making himself seem to be nonexistent. If only other students would take after his example and vanish from our view, the school would be a much quieter place.

"Something which needs to be attended to right now: we of the Ravenclaw Status Titans are not intimidated of Patrick Quigley's height or love of fire. In fact, we have been tempted to put him to work for us on numerous occasions, but we found a few dimwitted Gryffindors to be better pack mules. The Leaning Tower of Patrick has this horrible slouch which makes him far less effective for trudging with heavy items. We have witnessed his library runs and despaired for the books in his arms. To be honest, we have also despaired for his spine.

"Under regular conditions, a student as studious as Patrick Quigley could excel in in just about anything they chose to do. The problems, however, are two fold: he -is- a Hufflepuff, and he has this rather inane fixation on flames. Any wizard worth a sage leaf of salt can make a spark with dry wood. This is nothing special. Patrick seems to wish to make an artform of it. A waste of resources and reading time, if nothing else. The fact he is of the House of the Badger explains his single-minded pursuit of something pointless.Eventually he might wisen up, but we doubt that.

"In the end, Patrick Quigley is lacking quite a few things that could make him a self-respecting wizard. One of those things, of course, is self-respect. The others we do believe we have made clear for all who know how to read and comprehend. It is true that The Sorting Hat does not make mistakes, for he would have made a cowardly Gryffindor, an unambitious Slytherin, and we will not even mention what sort of a Ravenclaw he would have made. He seems to be quite comfortable in the House of the Average and Homely, and for that we are amused at his blissful ignorance of how his contentment keeps him caged."

Post subject: Of Lessons...
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:30 am 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

Patrick walked from the Huffle Common to the Library, early in the morning, when most students were asleep; not many people like to get up at Five AM. Somewhere on the way, a poster caught his eye, and Patrick walked straight past it, since usually, he ignored it. This time, he stopped, and walked back to read it, fascinated by the ice effect. A few sentences in, Patrick only barely -didn't- have a convulsion. Being his worst critic, he did find use in it, and studied the poster, instead. He took notes on all his flaws listed there, and put notes on the notes, of how to fix them, and notes on the notes on the notes, on how to go about doing that. Patrick then hurried up to the library, getting a different set of books than his normal set, and sneaked up the nearest shortcut to a hidden, backwater chamber that nobody would look for him, and nobody would find him.

Patrick Quigley, Seventh Year
Hufflepuff.
Reuben Pumpkin, First Year Gryffindor.

I wrote:
I'm always the stupid loser who should just leave the mod and die.

Post subject: =Ravenclaw Status Titans=
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:07 pm 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

(ooc: letting a few thoughts roll from my mind and onto the page. If nothing else, I may need to spend a few days away from WoHP in order to get my head straight. Much like a few others, I cannot figure out where I want to go with my character at this point. So I may go on a hiatus. It will depend on a few conversations I have in the next day or two.)

Lackadaisical Lemonade: Drinking Down Depression Leaves The Throat Thoroughly Parched

Under the cover of the weekend, another poster has found its way to the halls. Much like the other two from the Ravenclaw Status Titans, it is fairly understated in design. The background is a deep and rich brown, as if the entire thing was carved into a tabletop. The outer boundaries of the poster are paler shades: creams and alabaster, ivory and eggshell. If the background is wood, then the borders are a carving. The entire thing is very artistic. The writing itself is a bold silver, done in a rather plain font.

The bottom of the poster has some interesting pictures on it. All of the images are of one young man… and numerous women. The women all seem to be from Slytherin in their Sixth and Seventh years. The young man appears to be from Gryffindor, going so far as to have a long-sleeved dress shirt with the Gryffindor crest embroidered on the left hand chest pocket. His long red/black hair is decked out in numerous braids. He also seems to have a kilt on in one of the pictures, notably the one with the most women in it.

“As one may gather by the pictures underneath, this particular commentary is regarding the attitude that some of the boys of Hogwarts have towards the girls and young women who attend here. It is said that one can tell the quality of a man by how they treat their women. Though the assumption that the women –belong- to the men is insulting by itself, the greater value of the statement remains. And the way that boys within Hogwarts continue to treat their female counterparts is shameful at best.

“There is no chivalry within these walls, unless the boy thinks he can get something from the girl. You would be surprised at how many books have been dropped, study periods cancelled, and tutoring sessions forgotten within these halls. For a school that prides itself on education, apparently a good portion of its student body only focuses on the bodies of the students. We could easily name ten of the worst offenders within the school itself publicly, but we have opted to use a quieter and far more effective method of dealing with them.

“Some of the young men here – if they really can call themselves such things – have opted to make a name for themselves with their friends by seeing how many women they can string along at the same time. Seeking to become the next magical Don Juan deMarco. Not even trying to do anything more than fill their section of the table with owl posts with hearts and lipstick on them, they are no more than leeches. Rise above your petty contests and treat one girl with lavish attention. Your friends will respect your decision, and you’ll reap far greater rewards.

“Unlike some institutions, Hogwarts does not have any specific regulations involving the conduct between boys and girls within the school itself. They must have believed the boys would have more decorum than some of the hoodlums we have here now. Some have blatantly threatened the lives of the girls, or physically bullied them for their own benefit. And then they expect us to take it as if we were their livestock. Such acts can no longer be tolerated, and any boy who dares to use base violence to achieve their goals should be treated as the vermin they are.

“Without blinking, there are some of these boys who have no morality and seek to place `notches in their belts.’ Once more, word of mouth has brought them to our attention. Do not think you will be able to continue your actions forever. We will find you, and we will crush you under our heels like the miserable chalk homonunculi you are.“

Post Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:48 am 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

(OOC: been a while now... more than a week. I should write something. I may do up another post from work, though. that one ought to be a little better.)

Metaphorical Meteors: When Your World Goes Crashing Up Around Your Ankles

New poster.

Slytherin Siren Seven.

New fangs and venom.

Same old bitterness.

That's right, people. The women you love to hate are back. And this time, they've zeroed in on someone most people barely give a second look at. Their target happens to be one of the softer spoken damsels within Hogwarts, which goes to say something. Instead of picking one of the more outstanding students, they have once more gone for someone who is a "heartbeat" student. The young lady in question? Gryffindor's own Sorina Ioana Breckenridge.

The borders of the poster are done up like brambles and thorns, with greens and browns blended together. The actual background is a deep red - almost a wine or sherry colour. The text itself is a vibrant green, showing the origins of the posters themselves. In the bottom right corner of the poster, there is the original crest of the Slytherin Siren Seven. In the bottom left, a list of (obvious) pseudonyms. Each person listed is a former Slytherin student from the graduating class of 1763. Aside from that, there are no clues as to whom these people are that continue to spread such vehement vitriol around the hallways.

"Missed us? We were on vacation, partying in places poor and unfortunate people like the majority of you have never even heard of, let alone dreamed of going to. And why would we do that in the middle of the school year? Because we can, you pathetic peons. You would do well to cease questioning your betters and remember you are the rugs we wipe our feet on. Carpet does not move from its place on the floor. Neither should those of you who may only strive to be a good toe rag. Then again, we do have House Elves for that, so it seems some of you have no purpose at all in life.

"And is that just not the case with one of our latest `guests' on the chopping block: Sorina Ioana Breckenridge. Who gave her that pretensious little name to begin with? Sorina? She talks like a Sue, walks like an Ian, and thinks like a Brock. She deserves a name more like Lorry Cart, because that is all she will ever be good for: carrying the load for those who actually have some place to go. She is nothing close to feminine, so how in the world her parents even knew what to name her is entirely speculative. Our guess is they used a Divining Rod on her head to see what gender she actually was as a baby. Maybe a few more whacks were in order, as they obviously hit her with an ugly stick.

"Now then, let us move on to her friends, shall we? This motley crew of individuals who all happen to be sniffers of gluteus maximus, lickers of boot heels, and other such goody two-shoes or party goes knows nothing of circumstance or consequence. In short, they are perfect for an airhead like she is. No real individual backbone, they can always be found in pairs or packs, suitable for a herd animal like Sorina. She never has to think for herself. She never has to decide where she wants to go. All she needs to do is follow everyone else, and she will be just fine. We would call her a sheep, but at least sheep one knows automatically have pure blood. No matter, as she bleats like any lamb we have been forced to hear on occasion.

"There is this interesting rumour about how she is a true Roma. True Roma? Is that even possible? And even if so, none have heard her talk in the language of the Romani in how long? Could she even remember it? Unlike we who always have the language of our birthright close to our hearts, Sorina has gone as far as to make herself like the mudblood and muggle drek and dross which line our streets to this day with their presence. Next thing one knows, Sorina will have as horrific an accent as any of those Hufflepuffs. Especially those imported ones which they keep on letting in for some unknown reasons. Not to mention, the Roma were supposed to have excellent sorcery running through their veins. Sorina is fortunate if she can light a candle with a match and someone doing it for her.

"For the first long while one saw her around, she was dressed in rather threadbare robes. Suitable for a poor waif who could only go around begging for scraps. We thought it suitable penance for having dared stain our day with her presence. Now, however, it seems she has moved on up in her clothing collection. Interesting, as none of our sources can state she got a job somewhere. We know the money is not coming from her parents - as it is doubtful she still has any - but where could it be coming from? She has been taking some rather long `trips' away from the school, perhaps holding up less well-known robe stores for their merchandise? We would not be surprised to see a larcenous side to Madamoiselle I'm-So-Weak-And-Helpless. Given the amount of rule-breaking her little companions get away with, it would not be a far stretch.

"Something to be expected when dealing with the wounded is blood. As filthy as it is outside the body, it is a necessary evil to be handled if you expect to get anywhere in the medi-wizard profession. And yet, what happens when Sorina the Brave Ballroom Dancer here sees even a papercut? She gets all queasy and has to leave the room. If we were at St Mungo's and I saw -her,- we would want to start writing my will. What sort of medi-wizard quails like a baby diricawl at the sight of blood? To Sorina we have to say this: suck it up like a vampire, princess, or get out of the Infirmary. If you are not there to serve us, serve as a bad example and fall down a flight of stairs to stay out of the way.

"One last thing, Sorina. You seriously irritate us with this innocent act of yours. Give it up, because we all know you've given it up to at least three of the boys in your collection of friends. Just admit to being a Gryffindor Good-Time Girl and be done with it. We cannot think less of you than we do already, right? Besides, it will do you some good to get such a lie off your chest. Of course, that might be the only thing holding your dresses away from your ribcage. Perhaps you should hold on to those lies of yours for a few more months... until one of your sugar daddy compatriots there can pay for the spells needed to fix your body and your face."

Post Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:07 pm 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

(ooc: Consider this a warm-up from work post. As you can all tell, my writing style isn’t quite up to the standard I want it at. So I have to keep practicing until I get to where I need to be. And once again I would like to thank everyone who has helped me along the way. I can assure you, it is greatly appreciated.)

Distorted Dysfunctionalities: Stretching Out The Falsehoods To Find Hidden Truths Within

Regardless of where people have been hiding, it seems the Slytherin Siren Seven can track them down. People who have been keeping a low profile, or not even inside of the school have been targeted, tagged, and terminated in literary fashion. After months of this campaign, one would believe they could be found by the prefects even, but such is not the case. Though a few intrepid students have been tracking the patterns of the posters, nothing has been discovered... yet.

As though the first poster this day was not enough, a second one has availed itself. This poster is also not done in the typical Slytherin Siren Seven fashion. If nothing else, it is more reminiscent of a jeweler’s advertisement. The feel of the poster is exceptionally professional, and has a glossy finish. There are sepia photographs of their target in the background, all of them beautifully done. This time around, however, there are no harsh comments within the images.

“Yes, we do look after our own. Yes, we do critique our own. Yes, we have smacked around our own. Usually, though, we crack on other Houses. Which is… exactly what we are going to do right now. The Slytherin Siren Seven have plenty of targets from the three lesser Houses to choose from, so we will get to those within Slytherin whom are not living up to standard soon enough. Something you all should get used to is the fact we will cut through all opposition, and leave the open wounds of our biting wind sitting there open for all to see.

“Unlike some of our previous posters, this one is specifically for those miniscule-minded Gryffindors. Rather than poke holes in one of you, we have decided to deflate your whole ego-boosted House. Over the years, we have noticed an aura of arrogance and permeating presence of pigheadedness that starts the moment the Sorting Hat and does not end until someone breaks their arm a few years after graduation to prove they are not invulnerable.

“This self-centered belief they are the life’s blood of Hogwarts and the sole reason for magic in the existence of the United Kingdom needs to be quelled and brutally. Even the belly-crawling Hufflepuffs know their place in society. Gryffindors? They are told to aim for the heavens and to feel free to dash away the dreams and the drive of all others in their way. Paths are paved by those students who have come before them, and yet they insist they have done something completely original.

“At least when a Slytherin knocks you from the walkway, you know there is a justifiable reason for it. We have places to go, things to revise and retain, people to acquire, et cetera, et cetera, ad nauseum, ad infinitum. Slytherins are essentially busy people at heart. We are not merely known for good looks and great fashion. Gryffindors will speed through everything just to reach… nothing. That’s right, we said it. Nothing. They rush towards aimless goals with focused abandon. An impressive feat, that: wasting that much time and energy to accomplish so very little. One has to wonder if that is the reason for the number of failed relationships involving Gryffindors.

“Being associated with the colour red also seems to have gone to their collective heads. Red is the colour of fire, and yet a meager Hufflepuff has been identified as a pyromancer? You should be hanging your heads in shame. Not to mention red has been identified as the colour for the planet Mars. Mars, being the Roman name for the God of War and… looks like Hufflepuff has you beat there again. Red is on top of that identified as the colour of passionate love and… one of the longest standing continuous relationships we have seen recently is between a Hufflepuff and a Ravenclaw.

“Then there is the colour of gold. Gold, known for being one of the purest of metals, and Slytherin is known for having the most pureblooded students within. Not to mention it is considered a precious metal, but there is precious little one could consider of value with the majority of that House currently. Maybe if they all sold their Quidditch brooms, they could purchase themselves a collective clue. A small one, though, as we all know how threadbare so many Gryffindors are.We could easily call them out by name, but that would be a poster all to itself.

“In short, you cannot even represent your own shading well.

“Give it up, Gryffindor grunge-loving goons and grim-faced goose-gropers. You are inferior. You were inferior. You always will be inferior. And why? You buy in to your own hype. You believe all the old stories your parents tell you. You get yourself all psyched up to prove yourself better than anyone else on the planet. And you fail because you never do the work required to be anything more than the pathetic paraffin packages you came in as. If you were naturally gifted, you would have been selected for Ravenclaw or Slytherin. At least Hufflepuff isn’t full of lazy snotlings.”

Post Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:10 pm 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

(ooc: Okay, managed to get one away. I am going to see if I can bang off one more in a two hour period. If I do that, that would give me an average of two per week for these posts. That last one wasn’t too bad, as I chose a rather “vague” topic that didn’t require too much work. This one may be a little more difficult.)

Parchment Paraphrasing: When Writing Away Your Rage Just Isn’t Satisfying Enough

Without skipping a beat or missing a meal, the Slytherin Siren Seven come to devour another reputation. Having harvesting the good name of Gryffindor, they set their sights on more familiar feeding grounds. As they seem most eager to go after the Red Rangers (as some younger muggle-born students are dubbing them), the Slytherin Siren Seven spot another person to humiliate and intimidate if at all possible: Aridella Blaze.

The poster for the young Gryffindor damsel is bordered in a deep and depressing azure and sapphire-shaded vine. The background itself has various images of the Gryffindor student from her previous years at Hogwarts. Most of the images are in black and white, but there are a few in colour. No commentary adorns the pictures, but most of them have been taken during “interesting” moments in time. If it is an action pose, it is there. Establishing that Aridella Blaze is a woman in motion, the Slytherin Siren Seven make their own moves. The general colour of the background is a hunter green, with an alabaster/ecru blend for the lettering.

“If you have not figured it out yet, we have not finished our raking of Gryffindors over the coals for today. We have one more left, and as a group we chose Aridella Blaze because… she deserves it. More than any other Gryffindor gosling, she needs a good dose of Slytherin medicine. She has become far too big for her britches, and we do not mean that physically. Mainly as the little bone rack doesn’t remember what the word food means unless someone is slapping a pie on her face.

“Weight out of the way (not that she has much of it), there are numerous other things we can harp about involving the pasty little pastry. One of them is her habit of just being annoying. For a Gryffindor, we expect a certain lack of civility and courtly manners, but this Aridella is just a walking disaster. She might as well have two left feet, for all the good it would do her. It is like watching a horrible marionette show, knowing that it will never end before you wish to stab your own eyes out. We have seen frogs with more poise and grace, that that.

“Another flaw – which seems to be part and parcel of becoming a Gryffindor – is her choice of boyfriends. We could run down the list, but as many of those reading may have been a boyfriend of hers, that would be painful. No wait, that would be [= oddly enough, in every poster this name has been removed by wand =] we were thinking of. No, Aridella was the ugly duckling that couldn’t purchase a date down on Diagon with someone else’s wallet. Even we occasionally make mistakes here.

“For now, we will cut away only at the cancerous parts of her personality. Unfortunately for us, that is a lot of carving we will be doing. Still, the little high strung bint has been nothing more than a moving eyesore for years now. It is almost a shame she hasn’t done anything worthy of getting herself expelled. Next thing you know, she’ll be one of those prefects in the same vein as… Well, that in and of itself is another poster altogether. We already have our suspicions about Aridella’s aspirations. If it were up to us, she would be back in the kitchens as a scullery maid – which is about the limits of her capabilities.

“Once upon a time, the Houses knew what harmony meant. Then freeloaders and ne’er-do-wells such as Aridella Blaze showed up, and the rest was history. Or more like historical tragedy. And to think, Aridella is at the very least a half-blood. One would expect so much more from her and get back so very little. Well, if she were a Ravenclaw could people expect the general intelligence quotient of her year to plummet. Then again, they could afford a few more mentally deficient people amongst their ranks. It would help to explain their recent lack of logic when it comes to dealing with certain chaos within their own House…”

Post Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:53 pm 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

(ooc: going to see if I can try to create yet another post. It may even work out for me in the end if I am creative enough. If nothing else, I just hope that whatever flows from my pen is suitable for the situations at hand.)

Maximum Minimization: When Making People Feel Small Is Raised To The Status Of Weaponry

The Ravenclaw Status Titans, having seen the posters of the Slytherin Siren Seven, have decided to make an early release. One figures this is the case, given the wording of the poster is not quite as polished as normal. Of course, there is still the standard levels of condescension and contempt dripping from every sentence. Not to mention, the subject matter is a little more entrenched in school society than most. Apparently, striking down the popular members of the populace was not good enough for them.

This poster has a brand new symbol for the Ravenclaw Status Titans. In it, there are two ravens – one is holding a thunderbolt in its beak, and the other one is holding a traditional Scottish claymore. They are facing on an angle and towards the viewer, resting upon a branch with numerous passages in Latin carved on it. Around the ravens, there is a trio of concentric bronze rings which seem to protect them from outside forces. More passages (presumably in Latin) are written on the rings themselves.

Before we post anything more about some of the students the masses should be informed of, we have chosen a slightly different path to trod upon. As you see, our latest symbol is are most compressed, and the one we shall make a seal from. All other symbols and crests you will in time will be forged in such ways none can misuse them for their own personal gains. Already, there have been falsified notes and letters sent throughout the school bearing the name of the Ravenclaw Status Titans. All of these have nothing to do with the real Ravenclaw Status Titans, and will remain that way permanently.

What we wish to impress upon the minds and the hearts of our lesser brethren and our fellow Ravenclaws is public and private decorum. Over the past few months, students have taken to reach for their own brand of retribution. This must cease, if there is to be justice finally within the hallowed halls of Hogwarts. Though their ranks are by no means completed at this time, the House Prefects, the Head Boy, and the Head Girl were chosen for previous exemplary behaviour and superior skills. Many have questions about the selection process of Prefect, but those ought all be directed to your Head of House. The Heads of House are such for their wisdom and intelligence. Use that resource to greatest advantage, or forever remain ignorant in your own squalor.

The subject of Prefects has been brought up to us, and amongst us, for some time now. Make no mistake, however, as we Ravenclaw Status Titans are by no means affiliated with any individual Prefect or the Head Students. We are not in their pockets, nor are we in their debts. They are completely their own students, and will make their own errors and efforts. The Ravenclaw Status Titans are far too prudent to involve themselves in such things, as for that would mean we would be at the beck and call of anyone wearing the Prefect badge – including any Hufflepuffs or Slytherins deemed worthy by their Heads of House.

As understood, the Prefects are staff-approved wardens of the school. They are here to defend against conventional difficulties, present a more approachable face to authority, and if need be, act in times of crisis as points of information and security. Many Prefects have lived up to the task of doing such. As always, people are prone to moments of weakness, and will commit themselves to more puerile or hazardous conduct.In the end, they are still students and are not always paragons of perfect behaviour.

When it comes to behaviour, they are supposed to not only uphold the rules, but advise and counsel students whom do not. There are some students who have not only shirked the rules, but have flagrantly broken them with actions designed to harm, coerce, and depress – or even suppress – others. Unfortunately for most of us, certain students refuse to be expelled for their misdeeds. Whether they are protected by various Prefects, or they just know how to escape punishments, is to be determined by others. What we here of the Ravenclaw Status Titans have seen, however, is flagrant favouritism in terms of whom is and is not disciplined.

We heartily disapprove.

If Prefects are not willing to be evenhanded to any and all students, they should not be Prefects to begin with. They merely show themselves to be that lower class of person we of the Ravenclaw Status Titans undoubtedly have noted them for being years previous. If they wish to earn the respect of the teaching staff, Prefects already know the process. If they wish to earn and/or retain the respect of their peers, though… they might have a longer road ahead than the previously believed. After all, in the end Prefects are only students with a glistening metal item stuck to them. The authority may be given to them, but it does not extend quite as far as some pray that it does.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:16 am 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

(ooc: This is based on a few ideas I have had throughout the past few days. I have to get into a better writing schedule, however. More often than not, I have been writing at work and not at home. I should start doing some home-based scribing again.)

Fractal Falsifications: When Lying Becomes An Artform, And The Truth A Contact Sport

Once more the Ravenclaw Status Titans have reached out to touch someone. Considering the blissful quiet the walls had up until then, people were expecting either them or the Slytherin Siren Seven to call someone out. And apparently, the ladies of blue have honed in on someone not usually brought up in conversation: Carl ap Lilesjo. Why this is, is completely uncertain. However, the poster is all about him.

The poster in and of itself is set up with some details not normally seen. The borders of the posters are done up as if they were rusted fence posts, wound about with dark mauve thorns. The vines themselves are a hunter green, and almost seem to be compressing the metal fence posts. The background itself is a deep brown, reminiscent of loam-filled soil. And as for the text? A very bright and feminine blue, hinting on magenta or lavender.

"We have been rather generous with our timing with this one. Over the years, the rise of the person we choose to skewer has been ponderous and unopposed. Unlike similar members of his House, this young man has made it a point to chose his enemies foolishly, but his allies and associates wisely. Though it is doubtful he shall ever obtain whatever it is he is looking for, we as a whole actively worry about how we allowed his presence to go completely unopposed until now. The person we are referring to? Carl ap Lilesjo of House Slytherin.

Yes, we know of how he has made it a point to get excellent grades as a Slytherin, especially in History of Magic and Potions. A week barely goes by when one of his admirers (of which he has more than a few) comments about how smoothly he has gone through the years scholastically. Due to a lot of planning and careful contemplation, he has managed to impress upon the masses how educated he is – even before coming to Hogwarts itself.

The smokescreen has fallen, and the grand snake in the mists has revealed its head.

Carl even during his first year used his influence and his coin to acquire certain things here and there. Nothing can be proven, of course, but the rumours have remained. The people whom are at highest suspicion are also the same who tend to vehemently (and occasionally violently) blockade those with the beliefs Carl has voiced. How he has managed this is completely beyond our comprehension.

As for these beliefs? Carl is nothing more than a purist of the kind we within the Ravenclaw Status Titans cannot afford have in our lofty personage. We within our occasion understand the truly power magical bloodlines possess – regardless of how `pure’ it is. We concern ourselves more with the potency of the bloodline. Carl, however, only looks at the issue in terms of purebloods and anything or anyone else.

Such a view blinds him to all other things – including exactly how powerful some of those he has verbally denigrated actually are.

Not once has anyone –seen- Carl acquire any of his own ingredients. Whether it be working on projects after school, or in the middle of Divinations, there is always someone doing his bidding. Was there not a rule against this imposed against a perfectly noble Ravenclaw no more than a few months ago? The age of indentured servitude has long ended… except around Carl. There is almost no possible way all of those people are there `assisting and aiding’ him without some sort of monetary or quantitative reason. He is no world leader when it comes to being charismatic.

Perhaps if he managed to get himself a girlfriend, he would be less likely to turn out some others we could reference but choose not to at this point. Perhaps if pulled off that miracle, he would become more bold in his statements and actually be caught by a member of faculty. We have noticed that many teachers and students keep turning blind eyes to his little asides and idle commentary. We here, however, know far better than to do that.

The motto of the school is to leave sleeping dragons to their slumber. We wonder what Rowena Ravenclaw would have to say about serpents laying in wait and growing stronger for their chosen day. Despite all this, we know that Salazar Slytherin must be crowing in his grave, proud that at least one Slytherin shows their ugly scales right up front like a crest of honour in the middle of the teeming masses.

We, of the Ravenclaw Status Titans, disapprove."

Post Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:22 am 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

(ooc: And one more for the Slytherin Siren Seven. Yes, it is about the exact same person. There is a perfectly good plotline reason for it. You should all be able to tell within the first paragraph alone. I do have to get back in contact with a few players though about posts I was originally going to do. Some facts have come to light I wanted to get clear with them before I proceed further.)

Retroactive Reconstruction: Building Something All Over Again Before You Even Started

Almost in response to the Ravenclaw Status Titan’s rather guarded view being made about a certain Slytherin, the original `Triple-S’ have managed to post up their own comments about the very same student. Despite what people wanted to believe, the two posters really do have nothing to do with each other. It is not as if the Ravenclaw Status Titans and the Slytherin Siren Seven are the same people, correct?

The background of the poster is made to look like the top of one of the potions desks. In fact, if people look around the entire dungeons, they could find the original desk it was modeled on. However, that room is usually locked by Professor Snape himself and quite possibly warded. The borders of the poster are done as if they were marble pillars, veins of blue permeating the soft and creamy white colour scheme.

For a change, we actually have some good news for you all. Yes, we are going to give you some information on a student you all should be keeping a close watch on. Not because of anything wrong he has done, but how much of a change he has brought to your lives, to your Houses, and to the school in its entirety. To be quite square, you should all be grateful to him that at least one student knows his place in this world. That student’s name? None other than our own Carl ap Lilesjo.

From the start, Carl has kept a focused mind on what it means to be Slytherin. Sure, some of his choices during his first year were extensively stupid, but he is a boy and therefore must be forgiven of hormonal motivation once or twice per year. That and the fact back then he was such a cute little piece of green goo, we wanted to just pinch his cheeks and make him do fishy faces for our amusement. We still might, now that we are reminded of it.

The ap Lilesjo line of Europe is not very large, but it is very wealthy. Never has Carl lacked for Galleons in his wallet. Though do not let it fool you into thinking Carl just purchases his way through life. Though he could easily enough, Carl has also made it a point to keep up with all of his schoolwork – unlike numerous Gryffindors and Hufflepuffs we ought to call out here and now. One of these days, Carl should allow himself some time to tutor other young Slytherins in Potions, Transfigurations, and Philosophy. Many of the most recent batch of Slytherins forgot about how Slytherin is supposed to be synonymous with superb.

Carl ap Lilesjo, as you may have surmised, has not.

One thing we must question is his continued interactions with certain students. We do already have a few in mind, so we will not mention them. Though anyone with eyes in their heads would need to be blind and deaf to know nothing of whom we are speaking of. Normally, these are the same people he would have dismissed from his presence the moment they showed themselves in the Entrance Hall. And yet…

No, we do not understand this at all. We also do not understand why it has taken so long for Carl to reach the position he has currently. If there were only a way to make certain he will take up the mantle of Prefect after some of us have graduated, we would no long fret over who shall ensure the sanctity and security of the greatest House of the four. Eventually we all will move on from Hogwarts. We of the Slytherin Siren Seven want to make sure competence does not vanish along with us.

We have seen the Prefects from the other Houses, and we do not wish the same failings with them happen to our noble House. We have higher standards to live up to, and definitely cannot afford such a descent in quality and qualifications as has happened with some of the choices made.

There is also a matter of his stance on a few things. Perhaps a little less vitriol and a little more logic is in order. Carl insists he has a message to bring to those who wish to listen, but we have yet to hear anything. This is undoubtedly indecision caused by his current companions. We have to see results in his own presence before we can expect to follow where he attempts to lead. A good start would be the crushing of a few certain Gryffindors underneath his heel. (For added flair, he could do so literally instead of just in debates.)

In the end, Carl ap Lilesjo is what we deserve as Slytherin students about to graduate: hope for the future of this House.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:24 am 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

(ooc: okay, one more for the Slytherin Siren Seven. I’ll aim for another unfocused post this time. The first two were done from work and were revised at home. I ended up making those two rather quick, as I needed access to the full biography of the character available to me to add certain details. As well, there were a few things I forgot which I thought would be interesting to bring in as story elements.)

Condescending Condensation: Whereas Everything Said Is In A Halo Around Your Head

As the old saying goes: “And the hits just keep on coming.” Hot off the presses, another poster is scattered on supposedly random hallways within Hogwarts. Once more, there seems to be no rhyme or reason to how they are placed. And yet, all of the posters are placed with the most absolute care. Any students trying to remove one will discover they are under the effects of a Permanent Sticking Charm, but obviously not as strong as they ought to be.

These posters are all a very deep green/gray blend, as if someone mulched a lawn and mixed in a liberal amount of pebbles from a dried up stream. The depressing look continues with the borders: It seems that someone dripped a few random colours of paint down the sides, and did not care to clean up the mess. The look is that of the paint crying down the sides of the poster. The text is a very pale green, with subtle hints of silver and brass within.

“From what we have observed around the school, there have been far too many incidents involving the members of Slytherin. And when we say incidents, what we mean to impress upon you the unwashed, teeming throngs of serfs and plebeians, we mean moments where Slytherin has not looked at their absolute best. What is even more disturbing, is that it is more than just the usual suspects getting themselves in over their heads in muck, mire, and malformed minced mutton.

“This is intolerable at best, and should never have been allowed to occur. Though our status as the premiere House within Hogwarts has never faltered, the image broadcast to our unworthy (and quite often, untrustworthy) public has been stained and carved so many times, it is now a shambles of what it once was. To a true Slytherin, what one believes they are, what one makes others understand they are, and what one is are their shield, their armor, and their sword. And due to the hard-pressed efforts of more than a few, has Slytherin been made to look virtually denuded before the oncoming storm.

“What has happened is quite simple: the influence of dregs allowed to come to school within Hogwarts has corrupted our good name. Street urchins, sideshow freaks, and circus performers from the other three Houses have collectively eroded what it means to be Slytherin for far too long. These pathetic excuses have their use as target practice for verbal barbs and shining examples for what it means to be less than great. Instead, have they been allowed – nay, persuaded and encouraged – to reach higher than their grubby fingers should be able to reach.

“Thestrals have wings, hippocampi have tails, unicorns are magical and dragons have scales. Each of them knows their place in this world, and never seeks to stray from it. Those whom were born to power and glory are meant to take it, to master it, and to lord over all others with it. Everyone else should be thankful they are granted the opportunity and privilege to have such benevolence in their presence.

“To all Slytherin students, we implore you to show your true nature. We are not some muck-dwelling mindless minions. For those we have Hufflepuffs. We are Slytherins, and it is time to show not only the other Houses but each other what that is supposed to mean once more.”

Post Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:26 am 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

*On the latest poster, there are words either put on by a marker pen or paint, that read:

"Just a note...

NO ONE CARES."*

Post subject: A suitable response for stupid actions...
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:59 pm 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

A poster goes up without any fanfare after more than a week of silence from both the Ravenclaw Status Titans and the Slytherin Siren Seven. The poster is clearly the work of the Slytherin Siren Seven. Unlike most of their works however, this one seems... unamused. Unamused to the point of a declaration of sorts. The writing is clear and concise. The background is a giant themed shield with seven various goddesses of war, death, and magic on there. In the center is the Greco-Roman goddess Nemesis. No... this can't bode well at all.

"To Jinx Sinclair:

"If you cannot discover who any of us are through your own means, how do you think the students you normally consider so far beneath you will? Your heavy handed tactics would normally work, except for that horrible aspect of nobody can talk about what they do not know... successfully that is. We have to admit, we expected more from you. But since you have chosen to associate yourself with rather dispicable and dishonourable individuals, we should have expected no less. Regardless, expect something to be dropped in your mailbox soon. If it is dead, then it is yours. If it is still living... then expect it to try to eat you.

"You have been warned, you foolish little boy.

"To the so-named `Slytherin Siren Seven:'

"You have chosen to co-opt our name for your personal reward. Certainly we could have expected such from small minds and small bodies, but the fact you have chosen to not only mock our names but associate us with the murder of innocent animals is... atrocious. We have chosen to skirt lightly around you all previously. This is no longer our concern. We have already sent notice to our equal number in Ravenclaw through our own means that you are no longer off the menu. Pitchforks and torches be damned. We are going to make sure you know what fear means once again.

"And as for the one who most undoubtedly calls themselves the leader of this `Slytherin Siren Seven?' And yes, it must be said in quotations as it is absolutely untrue, know the following five things:

"1) we have no appreciation for your supposed skills in dueling as we have seen and known better
"2) we have NEVER found you a true example of what it means to be Slytherin throughout your seven years here
"3) do not be surprised when you find it difficult to sleep at night or swallow during the day... even though it will not be our doing
"4) we would take a mudblood for a mate over you any day... and that is almost ANY mudblood we have ever laid our eyes upon
"5) sooner or later, your little tricks will out you for the petty and puerile pugilist that you are.

"Enjoy your fifteen minutes of fame, children. They had better be savoured second by second. Because if you thought we were coldhearted before, prepare you little snow booties. Winter is coming early to Hogwarts. "

Post Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:41 am 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

*Jinx is completely astonished that people figured out it was him who offered the reward. I mean there was no indication who was offering it! It must have been! Of course! Metagaming!*

Post Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:48 am 
Forum Third Year
Forum Third Year

((LOL. This strikes me as a misunderstanding that spilled over into other misunderstandings and what 'appears' to be metagaming on the surface. As an ex-DM from another server I know that to prevent further misunderstandings we need to clarify all instances of the info. And as someone who's been part of this since the get-go, I can provide the timeline of events:

1. Jinx puts up the reward, anonymously.
2. The reward and the seven is discussed in the Slytherin common room.
3. The posters that satirically mock the seven are put up, and it is accidentally assumed that Jinx is the reward-giver (perhaps a poor read of the reward poster).
4. The Seven respond, learning from the satirical posters that it was Jinx.

SO! It's an easy fix. All we need to do is retcon and edit the satirical posters to demand the reward from an anonymous "Reward Man" or something. And then likewise the seven can retcon their references to Jinx. Tada.

Feel free to delete/edit this post out after this business is finished. I don't want to clutter the thread with OOC, but I figured it was necessary.

::Goes to edit his own RP response thread::))

Last edited by Alec on Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Server » Roleplay