WoHP Homepage    Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Server » Roleplay

Post subject: Re: ::OPEN:: "And The Crown Lay Upon A Heavy Brow"
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:53 pm 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

Ari listened to the two men talk, concern etched across her features. It's a known fact that her tender nature causes her to reach out to those that hurt around her, whether it's emotionally or physically. Frowning, she rests her hands on Veiyne's arms, watching Keeferson with sad eyes. "I think Veiyne is right..in a way. Your body could be rejecting the potions. Maybe if you stopped taking them for a while, you might begin to feel better." Her brow furrows in thought as she continues gazing at her friend. "However, I don't see how that could be causing your sleeping troubles. That could be withdrawal symtoms..."

Gabrielle Hansen - Gryffindor
Camilla Giovanni - Ravenclaw
Rose Scarlet Briars - Gryffindor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:45 pm 
Azkaban Inmate
Azkaban Inmate

Last edited by =^_^= on Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:22 am 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

Looking up, Keeferson sees both Druscilla and Jinx. Feeling the onset of a headset, he closes his eyes and rubs his temples a few times. Tyson and Aridella could instantly feel a "shift in the Force." Keeferson manages to obstain from growling blatant at Jinx or from reaching into his bag for anything. Turning to Veiyne and ignoring the presence of Sinclair (a task made easier by Keeferson's surge of hatred for Seril Kane), he answers the youth from Gryffindor.

"It could not be withdrawl symptoms. I have not stopped taking anything for me to withdraw from. Everything I have been recommended, advised, or ordered to take am I still taking. My doctors back home gave me pills. Professor Snape gives me one potion. Madam Pomfrey makes sure I have the second potion. And one of the blasted Canadian Ministry apothecaries who thinks they know more than Professor Snape made sure I had to take some stupid powder I am to mix into that pumpkin juice so many people here insist on drinking.

"Pumpkins are for pies and cookies, not beverages!"

Now Keeferson growls, as the headache sets in. Rubbing his temples as if in a lot of pain, Keeferson continues.

"I have been on this... this... this experiment for far too long."

Post Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:44 am 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

As Aridella listens to Keeferson's reply, she grows steadily more anxious with each potentially hostile movement. A slight shiver runs down her spine as she lowers her gaze to the floor, feeling as though she had been scolded. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to...I was just trying to help." She mutters quietly.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:03 pm 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

"Aridella Blaze..." the older Hufflepuff snarled, rubbing his temples "you are far too timid for your own good. You have done nothing wrong as of yet, so stop acting like you have. If you continue along such a path, there will be no cheesecake for you. Am I understood, young lady?'

Looking at Aridella clearly now, one could see his crimson irises were fairly cloudy. A vein in his head was throbbing, along one with another one in his neck. And his wrists (exposed as he had his button up shirt rolled up) were also having lurid reactions. It was as if his body was slowly and surely rebelling against him.

"Veiyne I believe is correct. I believe my body is finally rejecting everything I have been putting into it. I would have been better off with cancer than with something like this. Cancer at least I could simply cut out and be rid of it for many versions of. Aridella, I do understand you only mean to assist, and you are. Even if you do not see it or feel it, you are. You remind me as to why I cannot simply react the way I desire to: with blind rage and shattering of walls."

Post Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:02 pm 
Forum Fourth Year
Forum Fourth Year

"Hold, you wiley Hufflepuff ... You'll be fine, I mean I don't really -know- what experiments you've been enduring, nor do I really care to tell the truth. But if you desire to get through this pit of agony and despair you might need to be a -tad- bit more clear as just to what it is ailing you. Otherwise we're simply grabbing at ropes in the dark ... Mmm ..", toys with Aridella's ears as he thinks. "I do not doubt the prowess of Snape, nor the cunning will of your Canadian Apothecary ... But sometimes sources of information and revitalization might come from the most unlikely sources ...", chuckles softly, "although that's far to rare, and far in between to probably ever happen ... Perhaps-- oh dear, I sound like a broken record, Mayhaps? Oh dear, I need to expand my vocabulary, or ease up on the sauce ... Anyways. You -might- try to cleanse yourself ... Abstain from -all- chemicals, potions and remedies, and allow your natural given body to fight out this 'fiend', mhm ... Potions ... Medicine ... They have a purpose, but I believe sometimes their more like a sugar pill than anything, simply there to trick the mind and body into believing this object is whats curing you, when in reality, your body is simply treating itself ... While your mind is none the wiser", inclines his head thoughtfully.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:14 pm 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

Remaining silent for a long time, Keeferson just looked at his gloved hands. It seemed every so often he wanted to reach for something - anything, really. And yet, Keeferson's harshly treated willpower managed to keep him from doing just that. His eyes remained slightly glazed while he watched the steady throbbing of his veins in his wrists keep perfect 4/4 timing for a full two minutes. Finally, his gaze turned to Veiyne and Aridella mainly, his nerves on edge by the presence of Druscilla and Jinx.

Everything in him warned him to leave that room, but he remained in place. Exhaling once, his eyes turned back to his gloved hands.

"Sugar pills... would be infinitely better... that what I feel like right now."

Post Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:57 am 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

While Veiyne continued to ramble on about his theories, Aridella watched Keeferson intently. Her eyes gazed at each throbbing vein, her ears listening to the tone of his voice. She was completely aware of every move he made and finally she frowned, sighing. "Keeferson...I suggest you find another place to sit than in here..where there is clearly something angering you, whether it's me..or..some other unwelcome visitor." She glanced around the room, wondering who it might be or if it was anyone in paticular.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:02 pm 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

"Little lady fair and sweet,
"my voice and your ears are sure to meet.
"Within this darkened brow you see
"is far more than mere insanity.
"Your concern will I take to heart
"even as my brain feels like it will split apart.
"And though I could easily stride
"from here to this school's other side,
"would my troubles follow swiftly thus
"giving me far more reasons to cuss.
"So in this regard I shall remain
"within this seat although in pain.
"Yet if you could conjur some ice
"I'm sure that would be very nice."

Keeferson's rhyme just falls from his tongue as if it was meant to. At that time, his eyes flicker with a distinct glow that does not normally happen. If nothing else, it is almost like a surge of power ran through him while he was speaking. He then turns his eyes back to the table, as if trying to burn a hole through it.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:28 am 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

A shiver ran down Aridella's spine as she pulled out her wand from her hip and twirled it over the desk. A plastic bag appeared filled with ice, half of it melted. She cringed, blushing slightly. "Oops....I'm still working on conjuring." She muttered then muttered under her breath, "Accio cup." A goblet soon flew threw the window within five minutes and she pointed her wand at it, guiding it to a stop on top of the table. "Might as well have some water while you're at it."

Post Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:19 am 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

"Greatly appreciated
"are your gestures and graces.
"As you have seen now
"have I many faces.
"Though my ire and fury
"is not for you
"have you been scarred
"from the words I have used.
"In this have you been wronged
"by my own careless ways.
"And in due time do I pledge
"shall I aid you in days."

Keeferson does not seem to realize he is still speaking in rhyme. He takes the water and the ice, putting things in order for himself. Using the remaining ice in the bag, he rests his head upon the cold bag. He sighs once, his eyes half-open and slowly going towards his temples.

"Your conjuring skill
"in time soon will
"exceed your expectation.
"And then in time
"will there be no crime
"in voicing exhultation."

(bonus points to the reference of someone speaking in rhyme...)

Post Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:42 pm 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

(*Gives thread CPR?*)

She smiles softly, although still disturbed by his tendancy to rhyme all of a sudden. "Well I'm glad to help. I'm very fond of you Keef and I hate to see you like this." She then looks up at Veiyne, briefly smiling at him as well, then returns her full attention to Keeferson.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:01 pm 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

The older Hufflepuff student nods to Aridella. Patting her hand once, he smiles. The smile died somewhere close to the bridge of his noes, as it does not reach his eyes. In those, she can see Keeferson's true fatigue. It is an unnatural weariness that would happen to those overusing their magic on a repeated basis. Some have even called it "burnout," though with Keeferson one cannot see him turning himself to char so easily.

"And you as well
"if you could not tell
"have I grown to like
"more than a manticore's spike
"for have you become
"a young woman
"far from the girl
"who in fear would twirl
"any time her name was called
"who's reputation never mauled
"and one day when night does sing
"shall I perhaps tell you everything"

Keeferson stops for a moment, only NOW realizing everything he's said has been in rhyme recently. Groaning and shaking his head, he lets it fall to the table.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:10 am 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

Pulling away from Veiyne's circle of arms around her waist, Aridella moved around to Keeferson's front slowly and squated down in front of him, getting on her knees. She Gazed up into his eyes blankly, concern slowly turning the corners of her lips down as she began to finally notice the slight trace of fatigue in his eyes for the first time. She lowered her voice, speaking to him softly. "I wish you would tell me now. What have you been doing to make you so...tired?"

Post Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:05 am 
Forum Sixth Year
Forum Sixth Year

Muttering something in Mandarin, he looks back up at Aridella.

"What have I done? Aside from doing something to myself that crossed my tongue and vexed my mind? It is more what have I not done, little lady fair. I believe that would be a shorter list. I have been doing a lot of studying. Mostly on tomes and texts older than my great-grandparents. There has been much I have been try to learn on my own, Aridella, as the professors will not show me what I wish to learn. More importantly, they barely acknowledge my existence.

"I have been looking for things that will help me with the cause of my illness. Things that will help me prevent others from getting sick in the same way that I have. As well, there are shadows that have been hounding me from before I came here. Shades and spectres of threats I still need to banish. Nobody can do it for me, little one, so I must do it myself. It doesn't help when I am trying to do that while carrying on a full schedule of courses, and Professor Snape gives me specifically extra homework.

"Oh yes, I almost forgot all that homework I help other students with. It does far more than give me a little extra coin at the end of the day. Between that and my translation work, I get little sleep but enough money to fund my research in books..."

Board index » Server » Roleplay