WoHP Homepage    Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Server » Roleplay

Post subject: Re: Caro's Notebook
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:48 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

Dated several days later.

Father sent for me. Unknown reason. Hope to be back as soon as possible.

Dated several more days after.

Father merely wanted to see me. Nothing out of the ordinary. It's taking awhile as he continues to ask for odd favors. I wish to get back. I dislike it at home. I dislike him. I miss Nikolai.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:59 am 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

At the top of the page, without a date.

Spontaneousness.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:34 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

Nothing is written on the rest of the page, nor the next. (( Effectively only writing one word on the entire sheet. ))

On the page after, in her usual writing with the date, few days after the last dated entry.

Didn't continue. Sorry. Confused again.

Again, the rest of the page is left blank.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:42 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

Several pages of the usual notes follow, all of them dated through the course of several days. Every new date, the usual 'Wrote home.' note follows.

Some notes are on Arithmancy, comprised of circles with symbols and numbers around them, along with matrices of different sizes and sequences. Some numbers are circled, perhaps denoting patterns, and others are crossed out with written notes on the side.

Others are on Transfiguration, including notes from a recently dated class involving changing of color of eyebrows. Under the date for that class is noted: 'Precision, control and determination.' There are other notes on Transfiguration, parts of which are apparently quoted from textbooks, on Conjuration, with various objects and items that are what is considered 'basics' of conjuration, such as simple chairs.

Most of the notes are actually on specific spells. One of the spells reads: 'Impedimenta, variation', which continue notes on the function of the spell from before as well as small illustrations of wand movement as well as process of thought and incantations, which vary slightly from the notes from previous pages. These illustrations and notes take up most of the space on the pages. Some notes on the margins can be found with a date and progress of the said spell, these notes are written every day and describe in detail the effects of the '[i]Impedimenta, variation' spell cast that day.

There also are some music notes drawn on one of the pages, which actually are the notes for one of the bars from the third movement of 'Moonlight Sonata'. A list of names follow the drawn notes; some names on the list are: 'Johann S. Bach' and 'Ludwig von Beethoven'.

An small entry follows the mass of notes, dated at the top.

Have been neglecting work and notes; getting back. Nik is going to help me with conjuration. Hopefully, I'll be able to master it quickly.

Looking up a list of muggle composers. May learn more pieces of music; will most likely ask Nik. Johann Sebastian Bach interests me.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:35 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

On the next page after the last entry, dated at the top:

A fourth year Gryffindor called me a 'beauty'. It is odd hearing it from a person other than Nikolai or Father. This Gryffindor also stated several things to and about me which made Nik irritated.

One of the things stated implied that I 'slept around', which apparently means that I have had sex with multiple males, which is insulting... according to Nik. Currently, I fail to see why.

I also discovered that it is normal to get jealous sometimes. When I asked Nik if I was supposed to be as well, he simply stated that it depended on my personality. Perhaps I'll find out more later.

I have been practicing my wand-work lately, along with some spells, including the recent assignment given in Transfiguration to practice changing colors of the eyebrows. I can comfortably change the color of my eyebrows without worry now, non-verbally.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:10 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

Several more pages of the usual notes follow, describing some attempts at casting a spell in practices. All of which are dated consecutively since the last entry.

All the descriptions detail the effects of the spell, along with the wand movement and thought process involved with that specific casting. The wand movement is not described with words, but with a sequence of numbers, which all seem to refer back to previous illustrations in the notebook, which now all have numbers associated to them. All of the descriptions so far appear to have not worked completely or have failed. But the last description is as follows:

Impedimenta, variation. Successful cast. 1, 4, 5, 2, 9. Thoughts similar to when casting Impedimenta. Appears as if wand movement variation and level of concentration have most effect.

Last edited by Penguin on Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:03 am 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

At the top of the next page, dated for the day after the last entry.

First muggle 'movie'. Title: Salem's Noose. It was '3D' - I'm uncertain what that means - it was an interesting and startling experience. Nikolai confirmed that it was all an act, a fake.

Tried another cast of Impedimenta, variation. Successful. It appears as if I mastered it.

The note 'Wrote home. Sent for muggle clothes.' is written along with the date at the bottom of the page.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:15 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

Next few entries are dated for the days just after the last entry.

I received package today. It was unexpected, given that my request to father was rather unusual. Also, I'd never seen mother in muggle clothes. Interesting to note that muggles wear very odd clothing...

I had a quick visit to a muggle 'nightclub' with Nikolai. It felt odd, perhaps sleepy, after having a drink there. Nik walked me back to my room.

The next entry, dated for a few days after the above.

Full Moon. Had a long night of 'class' at the Astronomy Tower. It was a lecture on eclipses and moon cycles. At least Nik was there.

There was some things going on with the students present. Nothing of tremendous importance.

As usual, there are 'Wrote home.' notes dated for each day.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:06 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

Several pages following the last entry are the usual notes on various subjects. Most of them are on the subject of Conjuration.

The next main entry is dated for several days after the last and is as follows:

Watched Nik play piano. Domi suddenly hugged me, Nik didn't prevent or stop it. The whole ordeal feels strange to think about.

Apparently was so that I'd be less 'nervous' around Domi. Perhaps had the opposite effect. How does this make me feel
less uncomfortable? And given past incidents about Nik being 'jealous', I'm unsure why he didn't mind. I wanted and expected him to stop it all.

Perhaps this has to do with Nik stating how sometimes he just knows what Domi means.

As usual, every day there is a 'Wrote home.' note; today is not an exception.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:27 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

The following is a short note dated for the day after the last entry, written on the corner at the bottom of the page. The handwriting is very small and a little messier than usual.

I find myself humming music I've learned and practicing even when not in front of the piano, such as when I sit by the window.

More and more, I feel less enthusiastic to do much when alone. It's an odd feeling I can't grasp. My thoughts are bent to a single subject lately, him.

...Perhaps I should owl him.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:56 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

The next entry is dated for nearly two weeks from the last. There are no notes in between, not even the usual notes about writing home. There's simply a blank page in between the two entries.

The writing is rather messier than usual and there are inkblots in some places, though not too many to actually obscure the meanings of words or phrases. Many things are crossed out, though with some effort, the words could be deciphered.

Father. Received letter. Advised separation from Nik.

Unsure of response due to confusion. Sad but happy. No mention to Nik about letter.

Nik. Inquired about my feelings. Perhaps 'love'.

Redefined, 'love': To enjoy being around; to want to be around. To miss them when not around, even if for a little while, leading to sadness yet still being 'happy'. Obsession. To want to kiss, be kissed or simply hold said person.

Recent conclusion. Must end. Wrote home.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:46 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

Several pages of notes follow the last entry. The notes are the usual kind, involving Arithmancy, Music, various spells from Transfiguration and Charms. Each page is dated as usual. Most of her notes are to the point and brief. Most of her notes do not even form full sentences as some of her entries had before.

The first few pages are hand drawn bars of music notes. Below each note, there are numbers. Some sequence of notes are clearly separated and grouped. Some repetitions of each group can be seen throughout the bars of notes, noting that these pieces are Fugues with each group of notes being a 'voice'.

At the bottom of each page, there are some words: 'Bach. Well-Tempered Clavier.' Along with the date.
The first page is labeled as the first Preludio and Fugue.
The second is labeled as the second, until the sixth.

On the page following, there are some notes.

Bach. Pieces all follow patterns via voices, which overlap. Interesting use of patterns in music. Will ask Father for more music by him.

Some of the notes following this are notes on some experiments with charms, such as attempts at creating specific music notes by wand. Details of the experiment include the note wanting to be created by vibrating the air around her. So far the experiments have been entirely unsuccessful and apparently each attempt as done nothing of note.

Some other notes include practice on transfiguration, such as simple changes of color of various objects, such as an old set of robes, or changing the shape of objects, such as her hand-held mirror from round to square and back. Attempts seem to be mostly successful, as the practiced spells are rather simple in nature or similar things have already been practiced in class.

Every set of notes are dated over a period of several days, each date followed by the usual 'Wrote home.' note.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:47 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

Many dates are written in the following pages. Each date is only followed by a 'Wrote home' note. As usual, there appears to be no missed date. The handwriting gets messier as time goes on.

The next main entry starts at the top of the page with the date. The writing neater, if only slightly. Hand-drawn musical bars full of notes cover the page. Some notes are seen on the sides or in between the bars. However, most of the notes are scratched out and unreadable.

One of the notes that are readable is as follows:

Bach. B-minor. Sinfonia.

At the bottom of the page, under the musical bars, on the corner of the page reads:

Numb.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:18 pm 
Forum Seventh Year
Forum Seventh Year

More notes follow the last entry. Generic notes on the usual subjects: Arithmancy, Transfiguration and Muggle Studies. No special notes on any particular spells.

The handwriting seems to progressively get messy. Most notes seem to be some sort of short-hand writing, or even nothing at all.

Only the music notes hand-drawn in are clear. The notes depict a Fugue written by Johann S. Bach. Four bars of music notes are drawn, each voice and pattern are circled, with the following note on the side:

Bach. G-minor. Preludio, Fugue.

Under the music notes, the usual 'Wrote home' note is written.

House Elf. Noted I should stop writing to Father. Dismissed comment. Will ask later.

Board index » Server » Roleplay